Updating Orgrimmar and Stormwind

First of all, got this idea when I was replying in another thread.
Second, I don’t play alliance so I will leave any ideas for Stormwind up to other players/posters.

So in Orgrimmar we have a big spot for the trolls and a reasonable spot for tauren as well. Years ago goblins arrived as well when their homeland was destroyed and they got a fair spot in Orgrimmar but recently that was massively reduced with the coming of the embassy and the forsaken after Undercity getting destroyed.

Orgrimmar is first and foremost an orc city, and besides some influences from Garrosh should mostly keep its integrity as an orc settlement. So not too much change to the aesthetics.
However, as mentioned trolls and taurens currently have pretty decent spots in Orgrimmar even though we still have Sen’jin village and Thunderbluff (and all of Mulgore basically). Not to mention with the coming of the allied races we got huge troll and tauren cities added to our faction. Meanwhile, goblins and forsaken have this really tight spots even though their homes were destroyed and blood elves aren’t even represented in Orgrimmar.
I feel a good rework would be to have the trolls and taurens actually each get their own building near the embassy and giving up their areas for goblins and forsaken to inhabit.
Durotar is Horde territory and we could expand further into it, making even more room for everybody. In time we could expand to close to Ratchet where goblins can go and expand.
I am absolutely not against giving Ashenvale back to the night elves, honestly I don’t see why we need it when there are also plenty resources in the Northern Barrens. But feel free to respectfully enlighten me on its importance besides spiting the alliance.

8 Likes

I agree that in the Orcs city there must be more orcs. Also Garrosh times are over, its time to make it more accurate. All those jokes when different Warchifs appeared in the same throne room…
For example like a portal room, where 2 orc mages guardians stand. That is pretty new!

I also agree that there must be some sigh of Blood Elves in that city, and the same thing goes to Stormwind. High Elves have mage tower, while Night Elves had the park. But after park was destroyed, there is not Nigh Elves block in that city.
Tyrande did told that they must leave the city of the men, but still some at least 1 building must be shown there.

So I think embassy must be not 1 building with 1 pandaren there, but a small building for each race. A place where some known character will represent nation.

4 Likes

Goblins have the Bilgewater-harbour, and forsaken have Andorhal, both are big cities in universe, maybe they should just update those instead of diluting the character of Orgrimmar even more.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how you think having the trolls give up their largest settlement is a good idea.

While the trolls have a barely developed island with only a handful of structure to house their population, the goblins have the entire Bilgewater Harbor.

Bilgewater Harbor is the port from which the Horde fleet functions, it has quite a few streets, Orcish sailors go there for R&R, it’s described as a lawless metropolis where every vice is available and it’s so important that the Horde has actually send soldiers and guards there to ensure it remains “safe”.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Bilgewater_Harbor

And then the Forsaken.

Yes, the Forsaken did lose their capital city and Brill, the Forsaken however still maintain multiple villages and cities in and around Lordaeron proper and they can (and probably do) work on clearing out the plague in what way they can so they can reinhabit Lordaeron City as their capital.

Honestly, even now the Forsaken are still in a better place then the trolls and probably the goblins.

No thank you. Stormwind is the human capital, not the circus.

Greenskins shouldn’t have a city of their own. That’s the price to pay for blowing up Draenor.

Goblins and trolls are green too, though.

Goblins and trolls are native to azeroth. Orcs aren’t. I don’t get why orcs are our leading race when they are the worst. Trolls or elves should call the shots in the faction and nobody else. Since more players make up the majority of it. Just like with humans and the alliance. True player focused representation.

Nativity has nothing to do with it, the humans aren’t native to Azeroth either, yet they lead the Alliance.

You know why the orcs and humans are the most shown race of the Horde and Alliance?

Because in-Lore, they are the founding races, the orcs founded the New Horde, just as the orcs founded the Old Horde, the Horde of Draenor, the Dark Horde, the True Horde, the Fel Horde, the Iron Horde and the Fel Iron Horde.

Humans founded the Alliance of Lordaeron, which later became the Grand Alliance, it was the seven Human kingdoms that originally started the Alliance, with the dwarven clans, gnomes, draenei and elves joining later.

Also, if we had true player focused representation the vast majority of the Horde would be blood elves, and the vast majority of the Alliance would be humans, void elves and night elves in that order.

1 Like

I have no problems with that. Also Zandalari and Vulpera are already more popular. Even better. Times change. Horde has to change too. The time of catering Tolkien esque has to end.

I do not understand about people being fine with Andorhal, when Stratholme is sitting right above it, has a well-made “big city” structure, and was about as important lorewise speaking as Capitol City/Undercity, to the kingdom of Lordaeron.

Stratholme is in the hands of the Argent Crusade, though.

Same with Tyr’s Hand and most of the Eastern Plaguelands. Oh, the Forsaken want to take it by force? That’ll mean the Argent Crusade will end up a memberstate of the Alliance and the Argent Crusade has a perfectly fine port town for the Alliance to land in Lordaeron too.

(On that note, why hasn’t the Argent Crusade expanded Tyr’s Hand into New Avalon??

5 Likes

If we are to embrace the kumbaya about the Forsaken being no longer agents of “evil” and morally questionable traits, and how it all was Sylvanas faulty misleading, why wouldn’t the Argents allow them to populate the ruined city nobody lives in?

Because it is theirs, they are working to cleanse it and make it the capital city of their own nation?

That’d be like asking why the blood elves wouldn’t want the Forsaken to annex Tranquillien.

Are they? It more seemed as if they simply wanted the Scourge remnants gone.

Besides, what nation are we talking about?

EDIT: And they already have Hearthglen as their capitol.
Also, i doubt the “its theirs”. It really is not. The city is just the focal point of a disease they’ve been trying to “cure” since Classic and that expanded throughout the rest of the Plaguelands.
But the Argents are about as “legit” owners of the city as the Forsaken. Both factions are made up in the most part by Lordaeron citizens.

In a scenario that parts from the basis that both the Horde and the Alliance acknowledge the Forsaken as “people”, who were mislead by Evil Sylvanas, are we to assume now that the righteous folks, that already hold their own capitol and grounds, and that proclaim their fight for justice and what is right, would deny or fight over a ruined city?

Stratholme is not under forsaken controll.

1 Like

If they accept Calia (and Derek!) as their lord and savior, stop using blight, come to a gathering led by Anduin every week and become tauren 2.0 by helping the horde find the eternal peace with the Grand Alliance, sure we can talk about Startholme.

3 Likes

Well, it could be. I still see it as the natural successor as “Important Lordaeron City” after Capitol City is left uninhabitable.

As of now, Nordrassil isn’t under Night elf control for as long as the CC is made up by druids from all races. And still, we might say that pushing the NE to take it as theirs is indeed another natural course of events.

But why would they take a mostly burned down city, when they have Andorhal wich is mostly rebuilt in universe and has a vastly superior defensible position with access to water.

Stratholme WAS a great city, by now it’s smoldering ruins.

Symbolism, strategic position, lore relevance, natural defences,…

Stratholme was considered the ruling settlement of the lands that make up the Plaguelands. Given a scenario where it’s fully cleansed (after several tries i’d say its about time the Argents accomplished such), i’d say that it would come more natural to move in it.

Its not as if Forsaken are all that concerned about living amongst ruins. And if only through ingame assets, i’d say Stratholme holds a better infrastructure than Andorhal.