Upon closer look

…the new expansion doesn’t look THAT bad. Even if it still has some cringy stuff to it.

There is some interesting fleshing going on regarding Light-aligned afterlife, Life related and the other face of Druidism and rebirth (with additional references to the Drust), undead armies and their relation with the cosmic death force,…

Forgetting the circumstances as to how we arrive there, there are several bits that expand on an unknown face of lore that seem less hinging on previous stuff, and seems to try to make a standalone position.

Yes, there are several irksome bits that clash with lore we’ve known, but i kinda appreciate the effort they made with several other stuff going on in the upcoming content.

6 Likes

At least they didn’t ignore the Scourge washing over Azeroth. And basically said that Sylvanas is in league with X which gives her power. I assume like Azshara-N’zoth type deal.

Dunno why she is a partner but at least it is something. Needa see if they explain more of the iffy bits in the lore.

I got that vibe too.
Also, they confirmed its not Arthas, which is something.

And there is a dungeon that delves into Bwonsamdis bit of the realm.

Do we have anything on Vol’jin or Elune yet?

Vol’jin is Elune.

7 Likes

Insert Night Elf freak out!

Although, it would explain Tyrande’s accent :thinking:

6 Likes

No, but wouldn’t rule out about her being involved in either Bastion or the druid zone.

Well technically she IS a troll. An evolved one but still. So are the nightborne and void elves mon.

But we speak properly - well, Shal’dorei do.

Druid zone or is it more “Drust” like zone. I don’t remember the Drust and Elune being altogether, linked.

so the us story forum thinks bolvar should raise rastakhan into a death knight how do you feel about that zarao ?

Given her ties with the Night elves, maybe she could. But maybe that comes more from Malfurions part.

Well it is actually Tyrande on the “Why’d you abandon us, b1tch?” so, I’d say that it would involve her, more than him.

He shouldn’t. Rastakhan is now tied with Bwonsamdi, who apparently will have his own role in a dungeon called “The Other Side”.

maybe thats the dungeon where Bwonsamdi dies remember the whispers about 1 devouring all the other death gods

No, he shouldn’t. He is one of the iconic characters related with Death, and Ion himself addressed him as another protagonist.

1 Like

After Arthas been defeated, King Terenas did warn that there should always exist a Litch King.

Bolvar did a stellar job at it, I must say.

But we never found out what would had happened if there were no Litch King.
What would had been the concequences for that.

I guess now we know thanks to Sylvanas.

Cheers.

yupp everyone dies horribly as millions of undead wash over azeroth and slaughter everything in their path oh wait this is blizz so they are just nah nothing happen

In the expanded info regarding the expansion, they already stated that the Scourge is indeed rampaging across the planet.

they will most likely retcon the number of undead then from out numbering the living to being a none threat

We just defeated the Burning Legion and their leaders alongside Sargeras, I’m pretty sure the living can stand against a bunch of mindless Undead without a leader as well. The Scourge is on the declining path since WotLK anyway.

And just like the threat of the Legion, it’s better to try and eradicate the Scourge once and for all rather rather than keeping the Undead around even if in “jail” (we can’t be sure of what Bolvar could have done in the future in his plans anyway)