Using Sweetfx & Reshade is it bannable?

So… I’m just wanddering> Many people got banned for using model changes/ texture changes, then got unbanned but still… what about fx users?? can they get banned too?? (programmes like reshade, sweetfx, gemfx and stuff like that)

yeah it is.

1 Like

What is Sweetfx?

Potentially; as I understand it the way Tmorph (and by extent other modifications with more malicious intent) works is by using a different .exe file to start the game.

If reshaders use those same tools, you’re probably also likely to get a warning if the game’s .exe scanners pick up on it, yes.

It was a warning before, but from their latest post if you keep using it now it’s all aboard the ban train to Can’t-log-in-to-the-game-anymore-ville.

1 Like

If it uses injector then it is bannable. Otherwise not so much.

1 Like

Anything, absolutely anything that modifies with the game files instead of adding to them (in other words addons, which Blizzard can control more directly) is against the terms of service and is therefore possible grounds for being suspended.

Yeah, the model edits used to work this way pre-BfA, you just added a new folder with the model files. BfA changed the client however, forcing people to use an injector to make them work which also made the model edits susceptible to a ban.

No, as it doesn’t change any game files and is client side.

Sounds Welsh

1 Like

They got banned and unbanned because Blizzard felt they were too harsh to ban modders in the same category as the hackers that was ALSO banned in that wave.

ReShade, as well as SweetFX are made - just like the mods - to alter the appearance of the game, and thus it is not permitted.

They are like interface changes and such addons are allowed. Moders got banned for modifying game files (3d models, textures and such) on the runing live client game those things aren’t allowed at all. Any visual effect is tweaking rendering of the frames nothing else that has anything to do with blizzard game. Its between you and your screen.

Mostly you would have to drop a few files in wow game folder to work and the question is will their security system consider those files a threat? Well unless its not an executable that interfere with game running code and files probably not, since most interface addons aren’t detected, not to say its totally the same thing tho.

Game or server doesn’t even know you running any visual enhancer at all XD

1 Like

Actually, that you can do without issue. Otherwise you can’t even adjust your Video Card settings in official Nvidia software - that influences your in-game appearance as well.

What you cannot do is alter the game client or files. And I am not entirely sure whether these do that. Reshade seems to be working on a level above/under WoW, so you don’t alter WoW - you just alter how your PC handles certain colors/…, WoW prob won’t be able to detect this.

Others require you to put files in the WoW folder, and then it gets tricky.

So; I honestly don’t think these are an issue. But It may as well be bannable. If you want to play safe; don’t use it.

1 Like

it generates new folders for shaders and textures for lenses effects and other stuff- through exe installer… soooo…

laughs in FFXIV mods and reshade tools

4 Likes

Thats all Greek to me.

No it aint, i can understand Greek just used the phrase all people do when they understand nothing :confused:

Again, no files are altered and Reshade/sweetFX are post-processing graphical filters that display client side only. The application works by simply injecting a graphical filter between the graphical information provided by WoW to your graphics card for rendering. This is why SweetFX/reshade is standalone and can be used for ANY game, you can then adjust the sweetfx.ini or the in-game sweetfx/reshade menu to adjust the filter to your liking. Ignore the mis-information that this changes files. I emphatically can assure you it does not, it is a client-side graphical injector that acts post-process and extant of WoW as an application, merely interacting with the rendering of WoW on your display through your GPU.

Perfectly safe, has been mentioned on and off the forum for years with no evidence of bans specific to the use of the these applications, this application will only enhance your graphical experience, just be prepared for a few more degrees on your graphics card if you get real fancy with the settings :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.