Using The Forum 📰

:newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper: :newspaper:

Using the forums is a privilege.
And is by no means a right to be able to post in the forums.
- Forum CoC

So how i see it, as long as your gametime is active, and you adhere to the Forum CoC, you can use the forum basically like a WoW mini-game.

It’s an extension of the the game itself. Were some people spend a lot of their time in the game itself, others spend a lot of their time here on the Forum.

As long as the thread and posts created are linked to WoW, we can posts anything and create any thread we so please, as long as it adheres to the Forum CoC.

There are systems in place to ignore posters, make use of it if these posters annoy you.

Note that the following guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the forum moderators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate.
-Forum CoC

My point is you can do whatever you want to do and whenever you want to do it, as long as its following the rules.

Of course if i missed something a CM may correct me.

3 Likes

They almost certainly will, it gives them a warm feeling inside!

3 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly!!

/Twiluna4MVP!

2 Likes

Sometimes the forum makes my brain hurt, just like guiding turtles to the water.

8 Likes

Or reading names backwards!

Just leave the turtles to it, their little yelps of pain when the crabs get them makes me feel as strong as a raid boss.

4 Likes

11 Likes

You actually just made me consider playing with sound again.

3 Likes

No U!!!

#Neffy4MVP

1 Like

I hope they relax the requirements for ignore though. You should not require any trust level to be able to use the ignore feature.

12 Likes

I’ve had to expand the ignore feature a bit with CSS fiddling so that it hides the posts of people I’ve ignored entirely rather than just disable notifications from them, but I don’t think Discourse as a platform even supports that at the moment.

1 Like

Hiding wouldn’t work for me at all, as I’d be way too curious to not check.

Luckily I’m able to ignore people without ignore features though.

3 Likes

The setup I’ve concocted makes the post practically invisible, leaving just 1 pixel so the post still gets the “read” tag when you scroll over it, with no means of showing it except disabling the filter.

I don’t see the notification, I don’t see the post. The rest I can sort by muting the threads themselves.

1 Like

I read somewhere the last 2 day where a Blue(Kalv) posted that their working on a battletag system so maybe in the future i guess :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It seems to be trust level related that’s the problem. Posters only get the option to mute initially. Later they get ignore.

Everyone should get that option to ignore IMO.

4 Likes

Oh, I hadn’t even seen that actually. When it says suppress the post, does it also remove them visibly from the forum interface? :thinking:

I would love for us to swap to Btags instead of people being able to troll with as many characters as they have per account. It would solve the mass flagging abuse, the upvoting themselves etc.

4 Likes

I have never actually put anyone on ignore so I’m not entirely sure what it does or does not do. I believe one of the issues is that quotes still come up in other posts of people that are on ignore.

The ignore feature is available with trust level 2, so after 15 days.

Since trust levels are bound to characters I assume ignores are aswell?

If that’s the case it might be a bit annoying for people that like to post on multiple characters.

2 Likes

That would make sense if the suppress feature is more of an afterthought. I had to tinker a bit with my setup to make it remove quoted messages as well.

1 Like

“Agreed. When the new forum system was being ramped up there were discussions about moving to a BattleTag system like all of the other games. It would certainly have simplified some things.”

I havent used any of the other games forums but i think that means what i think it means xD

1 Like