VAULT,4th week aka 30 days

Out of 8 items i got to pick so far,not a single one is useful to affli.

Wow…really just wow.

I literally spent 11 hours this week doing mythic +,and 4x that amount of time in queue,no items in 30 days???

227 lock and you say there isnt a single piece of upgrade? Lol

lol literally ANY 252 item would be a huge upgrade for you and definitely usefull for all of your specs… Dunno how you determine what is usefull and what’s not but you’re doing wrong…

Because versa/crit gear is not affli lock gear,and i would be only losing dps for picking 246ilvl versa/crit item over 220 ilvl haste/mastery item

This is not about stuffing items and pumping ilvl,while doing lowest amounts of dmg possible…this is getting items with proper stats,which i actually never got in 4 weeks,and be useful in the actual content.

I have offstat ele shaman,and at 242 ilvl,i am doing 4k dps,instead of 7,and getting beaten in dps by 225 ilvl players,because they have proper stats.

Just play a lot of characters. I play all 6 tanks casually and 2 of them got BiS 252 weapon from the vault.

show us sims that would prove that

even on rings 20+ itlv difference means upgrade in 99,9% of cases.

Every cloth item is affli lock gear and no, you would most likely not only not lose dps picking a 246 items over a 220 item but rather gain a lot. Show me the sim report that proves your case.

True, but classes are in a state where main stat, aka ilvl, is the highest priority and has the biggest impact.

If you’re doing 4k dps with 242 ilvl (I’m asuming you’re talking about overal dmg and not pure AoE), especially with an ele sham then I’m sorry but it’s not the gear that’s holding you back.

2 Likes

Int has probably 7x the value of your secondaries.

There’s no way a 252 or 246 item isn’t better than a 220.

2 Likes

Secondaries do seem to have an especially high weight for locks. I got an item on my demo lock this week that I was certain would be an upgrade (+20 ilvls, one good stat and one bad one), simmed it and it turned out to be a small dps loss.

On a tank, you just take whatever is the biggest overall stats gain - that’s a no-brainer - but it isn’t always so straightforward with dps specs.

I have taken a break and given up on the weekly, i do a +2 weekly every week

I’ve gotten a tank weapon, the rest has not been upgrades, in fact most are trinkets and rings which i got enough from season 1 :confused:

Its rigged i tells ya!

So u have 233 ilvl and tell me none of the 252 items are useful? First fail… you need 11 hours for 10 dungeons? Second fail…

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/x75SAM2jcHmJwEupHF5wUv

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/7yLJo5fBEnNYDWigMMwaJB

Yes that’s in AoE spec and yes that sim’s Single Target but it doesn’t take a perfect setup to see there’s a tonne of potential upgrades at 252 for that character. Int is double the value of any secondary.

I would lose 158 mastery and gain crit and versatility.

That’s 12% mastery loss,to gain 2% crit and 1.5% versatility.

My versa is low as it is,crit too.

And i have been trying out ring i got,and compared to 207 BOE one,is massive dps los,especially on big packs.

There’s billion items i need,actually i have got only 4 bis items out of 15 items (not counting lege) But in my 22 runs at 10+ i got only 2 items,and vault is giving me items like the one i got with crit/versa and trinkets like [Overflowing Anima Cage],which did not work for past 3 weeks due to affixes.

There’s a reason why those items are not on warlock’s bis list,and there’s a reason why every class has its own bis list,because some items simply have 0 value.

I am not interested in doing mythic 6 for the rest of my life,i want to push,which is hard considering how in 4 weeks i got 6 ilvl upgrades,and my dps is almost the same like it was 4 weeks ago.

I would understand and be fine with it if i was at 240 ilvl,but at 227 ilvl,not a single upgrade for full month…

Every item besides weapon,neck and leggings was upgrade with the valor points.

That means,i would still be at 225 ilvl if i was saving valor for weapon or trinkets,30 days after i started doing mythic +,and i got 220 ilvl 2 days after getting to 60.

4 vaults and about 50 mythic + runs in total,22 of which were 10+,well actually 12 and 13 mostly,which i spent countless hours in queue for,because no one wants 227 affli lock ruining their keys.I sat literally for hours every SINGLE day getting decline after decline after decline,just to get 0 items after i finally got invited.

Every group i got invited for at 12-13,had nothing but best things to day after run was over,even much higher score and much higher geared people.

Great game.

I am still getting declined for 10’s,even after i got to 1800 score,because of low ilvl.

Again,i dont want to stuff useless items to build up my ilvl to get invites,which is exactly what most people do,that’s why they end up doing less damage than me in 227 ilvl.Well,231 now because of valor upgrades.

That’s not the case. Primary stats are currently worth way more than secondaries. When you lose this much intellect, you’re losing potential damage output. The only pieces where you could possibly still not see an upgrade with 20 item levels of difference is jewelry and trinkets.

That’s bollocks. Secondary stats are much less meaningful than they used to be and don’t make up or account for bad gameplay.

Vers and crit are not bad stats for affliction.

Versatility is actually above mastery in your case, but look at the minor diffrence between each stat. It is not a make or break situation…

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/2xJqfa61kj8pZbt8RqPFch

Are you a warlock? Have you run gear compare sims? I have a warlock and I have run sims, and what the OP says is true. Locks’ dps is still highly affected by secondary stats - to the extent that the +20 ilvl waist mine got in this week’s vault (and I selected it without simming because I was so sure the increase in ilvl would make it an upgrade) will sit in my bags to inflate my ilvl for pugs until such time as I get one that is an actual dps increase.

Most people who understand how sims work recommend against using stat weights as a guide. Raidbots themselves even put a warning on the page that ‘stat weights have several shortcomings’.

Your sim comment is nonsense, vers is not strictly better, its actually strictly worse for him, than getting mastery… You actually simmed 1 target, with pure aoe setup… for aoe vers is terrible, because of mastery scaling.

Stats also make a BIG difference ESPECIALLY for warlock. Malefic lego build DOES NOT WORK, when your below roughly 26/27% haste minimum to have it not have a chance of dropping stacks.

Haste also has a stupid big value in keys for seed spamming and shard gen.

Haste also has a stupid big value for demo.

Yes its true that generally 2nd stat dont matter, but thats honestly only really ‘‘true’’ as long as you meet your haste check.

You just seem to be someone who feel crafts your gear instead of simming it and then complaining you get no upgrades + at your ilvl 252 would be huge, no way you wouldn’t get upgrades. Yeah, you do your +10’s and you’ll probably get no upgrades since you need to start moving on to bigger keys already!

Also, you’re not doing 4k dps on your ele shaman because of “bad stats” you’re doing 4k dps because you don’t know how to play that spec!

Today was the first day i got actual BIS upgrade,out of 26 runs on +10-15 and it was ring from HOA on timed 15.

If you actually cared to read what i wrote,you would realized i am actually doing 12-13 and 14 mostly.

You picked whatever suited your trolling mood at that given moment,and you proceed to write nonsense.

Ele shaman 240 ilvl with mostly mastery/versa gear is always going to do much less damage than 226 ilvl geared shaman with bis stats.And i am going to trust on this one to Method’s ele shaman,over a guy named lidl.

But then again,that’s the typical pvp and pve community in every online game.

‘‘Give me higher ilvl and gearscore,as long as i have more than majority,it really doesn’t mean what kind of damage i am doing’’’

You and others like you,would rather have 260 ilvl and do 4 k dps,than 235 ilvl and do 10 k dps.

Some dude above even said versa is better stat for affli lock than actual mastery,that right there is sole proof how much knowledge people have about anything.

And to make things even worse,i did test my 237 ilvl gear,in few dungeons,my aoe dps didnt pass over 14 k,while my 229 ilvl lock (at that time) did over 20 k aoe dps in same dungeons,with self buffs only,on exact same mobs.Finishing overal dps as 4.6 k,compared to much lower ilvl 6 to 7.5 k.

I would gladly take 252 crit/haste helm over 220 ilvl haste/mastery,but replacing 220 ilvl haste/mastery head with 230 crit/haste is nothing but dps loss,even with 20 intellect difference,which is not much at all.

I dont need sim and theorycrafting to know what is bis for me,all i need is to inspect top rated people,who have mastery/haste THEN crit/versatility,not vice versa.

I am not interested in being an anchor to my team,i want to contribute and to be useful,because last thing i want is to ruin someone’s keys.

There’s something for you,and others like you

1. 250 ilvl DK tank with mastery/haste gear (UH stats) dying to non elite trash mobs in 2 hits
  2. 235 ilvl DK tank with versa gear,who’s able to tank 3 packs of mobs

I strongly doubt you would pick 250 ilvl one,over 235 because simple logic prevails.You want tank who’s able to be actual tank and not deplete your key.

Short story. OP has no clue about his class and just wants to cry for the sake of crying