Very low damage

I wnder if some help are in order. I cant explain but my damage in m+ is very low. I can push between 50-60k overall in a total run, while other similar geared hunter can do around 80k. I “sim” around 75k but is nowhere near that. Its was even worse earlier when i didnt have rapid reload but even with that my dps is nowhere near what it needs to be. Somewhere there must be an answer, is it my stats? My essences? My azerite trais? If yes is htsi enough my put so far behind? The last thing i can think of is my rotation, but i span multishot on 3+ targets, keeping frenzy buff as much as possible, help please, any tips is well appriciated.

1 Like

Buying a Racechange might help.

1 Like

Sounds as if you are doing OK with the gear you got. To up your dmg:

Essences: Check warcraftlogs in m+ and work towards getting those essences.

Azerite traits: Aim for 1x Rapid Reload then 2-3 x Dance and 2-3 x Primal.

Corruptions: You need to up your cloak resistance and get more crit corruption aswell as haste corruption. Crit / haste gear is great. Use crit food in dungeons. In the end Mastery corruption can be decent too, especially with several Primal traits.

Gear: You might want to try to get Skittra bow. Not sure how it compares to your current bow though. Vita-charged trinket aswell as Harlan are also very good cuz they get buffed by your secondary stat corruptions (once u got em).

Your haste is very low which limits your focus regen and the amount of things you can do, slowing down dmg aswell as your cooldowns. As things speed up your dmg will increase by a lot.

1 Like

Thanks. Racechange will be mean a big lot. more haste might

Not sure if I misunderstood, but race change won’t do anything really. Tsaranoga is just trolling you.

6 Likes

yes i ment racechange is just minor (if any) change

I have 6 main characters, uesless comment

Basically impossible to tell you what you are doing wrong without logs.

I had this problem, was basically down to the fact I was afraid to pop my cooldowns because i felt like I needed to save them for something.

But I pop them as much as I can now, even if they won’t if they won’t line up. But both come off cd that fast I usually can line them up aha.

I rarely use aspect of the wild except in the start of a boss encounter. I feel like i dont need it as long as i can keep frenzy buff up. You logs…logs, how can i see those?

This is a major problem. Why are you running rapid reload if you are only using aspect on bosses? If that’s the case, it’s a completely dead trait. You want to use aspect pretty much on cooldown to make the most of the rapid reload cooldown reduction.

Also, if you have aspect ready, you don’t want to spam multi shot on 4+ targets. The only reason you spam multishot is to get aspect back, the damage multishot does is absolutely nothing. If you aren’t trying to get aspect back, you only multi shot to maintain beast cleave every 4 seconds.

What do you mean ‘I don’t need it’?. It simply increases your damage (10% crit, faster GCD, focus regeneration, x mastery from primal instincts traits). You are asking how to do more damage, so obviously you do need it.

just git gud

Jerby speaks the truth. But there is one thing i was unsure of. Should i not spam multishot regardless if Im waiting for aspect or not? Others i talked to said to spam multishot if you have rapid reload

Rapid reload makes your multi shot if it hits 3 or more targets decrease the cooldown on aspect of the wild. That is why the trait is so good for dungeons and aoe. For BM Beast Cleave is what will do most of your aoe damage that is activated by using multi shot and it lasts 5 seconds after you have used multi shot.
The damage from Multi shot itself is not good but it activates beast cleave and that is your aoe damage.

So the reason you spam multi shot is to reduce the cooldown on aspect of the wild.

Skittra Bow will make all the difference, trust me.

It combined with barbed shot and wild call at 40% means, roughly, that Bestial Wrath has a cooldown of around a minute or so, even less if you get lucky with Wild Call RNG.

I use Aspect of the Wild as an opener almost 99% of the time, then barbed shot for frenzy then it just becomes a game of keeping frenzy up and using Bestial on CD with Cobra Shot spam.

I’m slightly less geared than yourself but push the same dps numbers or higher at times.

WAY less than a min. I’m in top end gear but for me it’s about 20 seconds or ~70-80% uptime over a fight. Even in worse gear it will probably be around 30 seconds.

yeah MM hunters needs buffs going to shadowlands they do so terrible damage .
acording to dps logs specs as MM do 86k dps they like in 19th of 22 they terrible dps bm is like 3rd so they okey. even suvaival do more then MM :frowning:

Yep, absolutely not an S tier spec all tier /s

Essences: Try to get Blood of the Enemy and use it as major. Vision of Perfection, Conflict & strife and breath of the dying as minors.

Azerites: Carapace Helmet + Nzoth chest are the best choices unless you get good M+ azerites. The traits you need are: x3 primal instincts, x2 dance of death x1 rapid reload, x2 overwhelming power (minor azerite trait, but rly rly good)

Corruptions: Try to stack as much 12% crit and a few 12% haste as possible, you can get one mastery % too if you want or get one, use it

Stats: Always aim for CRIT > Haste

Get the Weapon from Skitra Mythic if you can. If not, use the one you have but put 12% crit on it (would be nice if you are lucky and loot a 475 bow with crit & haste in ur weekly chest).

Once you got all that, beast mastery will scale and you will start pumping if you are doing your rotation correctly.

I cant really bother with blood of the enemy, too much PvP grinding. Not raiding so skittra bow mythic is not an option. Did 17 waycrest here the other day and did 60k dps total. I feel i should do 80+ that would make me feel better. Is BM garbage so far in shadowlands (alfa and beta)? Probably end up with DH or pally tank next exp.