Vessels for Horrific Visions

An easy change for Blizzard to implement, allow Vessels (or the equivalent currency) to drop from M+ end dungeon chests, weekly M+ chest, emissaries for WQs, Islands, Warfronts, and of course the Nyalotha raids (normal, heroic and mythic). This would offer a lot of players multiple avenues for entry into the Horrific visions other than the mind boggling stupendously tedious dailies.

2 Likes

They will probably speed up the process of vessel gathering as we reach next xpac release date, but doubt they will add new resources

Just skip the chest and rare ones. Absolutely disgusting.
The current way things are, its not that hard. Have not done any daylies for a while now im capped and i just do 2 runs per week and have like 120k currency?

Its still ok-ish i think

1 Like

No joke by the time you do these 2 you can do every daily on 3 other characters

Waste of time!

2 Likes

yes buddy, its a cheap blizzard bait to keep us occupied for nothing.
I wont bite.

I just started to level my cloak again. Do you 5-mask runs or why do you get that easily the mementos?

Sorry, i was referring to coalescing visions. The currency you need to buy vessels. But yes i do 5 mask runs, it rewards around 4,5k the way i do it : Clumsy

If your only desire is to level the cloak then you first need to get it to level 15 which requires a fair deal of vessels (there are throttles in place to slow you down), thereon you need just 1 vessel per week only to get the extra +3 corruption resistance (+3 each week).

You do not need to do mask runs other than for a challenge and maybe an exercise in masochism… I do a lot of classes, and I certainly notice a great deal of differences in handling the visions, and with masks it is much worse. Without masks my best was my hunter, fury warrior, DH and balance druid in that order. The absolute worst is the Monk.

They are so badly balanced that you got to be level 450+ to just about do a full run, no masks, and then get a crappy 430 item reward… With my monk I cannot even do that (level 450+).

On my hunter I think I died on 4 masks earlier, but went OK with just 3 masks. As visions are so, so damn infuriating, all this loss of control, I have now decided to just do my weekly +3 extra corruption resistance, with 0 masks, and call it. For example I died at the mage district on my Balance Druid just now, it was the portal master + 2 casters + 3 random spawns (seemingly from nowhere) + overlapping fears + stuns (madness) : not fun. I also died on my Balance druid on a previous run while DPSing one of these eyes, at the entrance of the Mage district. I have no idea what killed me, I think I spotted some debufs that were draining life, do not think I have seen then before. And you pay dearly to “learn” from your mistakes, 10000 visions per vessel/ per error, is quite a lot of grind for nothing really other than being royally p*ssed off.

2 Likes

Or it’s an option for those looking to really max out their income…

Players grumbled because there was so much ‘mandatory’ stuff that ‘had’ to get done. Assault quests are worth barely 3% of a vessel, and as such surely aren’t considered mandatory. But they exist if people want to kill time with them. I don’t have a problem with optional dailies that I choose not to do because I don’t need them :slight_smile:

Thats the correct way of thinking.
Took me a while but i reached that state xD

I’m tired of dailies. Every new content patch just adds more and more dailies. I just do the weekly Assaults and then run a vision. Too much rep grind and daily quests burn me out way too quick. I won’t have rank 3 essences and enough coalescence this way and pushing high end keys won’t be possible but at least i stay sane.

I’ve done full run at 430 (dk), 5-masked both SW and Orgri at 455 (brewmaster monk). At 460, I did Orgri with 0 orbs used, no cheat death, with 5 masks. Wasn’t even that hard. There are people 5-masking at ~400 ilevel for the challenge.

You can avoid almost all CCs with some care. With a Rank15 cloak, the zone’s sanity drain is so very small, you can afford to take it slow and clear safely. Elite Extermination, Gift, and sanity potions and a k’bab from time to time is more than enough to sustain your sanity. So all you need to do is not die. Pull small, be safe, all’s well.

Yes and then you ran M15 solo wearing 385 gear because you are so great…

2 Likes

Lets see… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMhSIdEH4Jw. That’s an enh shammy (melee) with <300 ilevel gear, 445 weapon, 450 azerite gear, clearing 5-mask Orgrimmar.

There’s also the “For Normal People” videos of SoulSoBreezy (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ4bxP0S_-HelkTNLMyd0jX1XEHZHfJ0n), like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J01S8fPtuts (i435 balance druid) doing 0-mask full clears with 430-440 gear with multiple classes/specs.

You just need to play it safe. Once your cloak is R15, and have Elite Extermination and Gift of the Titans researched, you can clear 5-masks.

1 Like

thats the problem with current wow though .

the delta of skills and undestanding of game between really good players , average players , and weak players is astronomical due to 16 years of experience that some people have no idea what others are capable of. .

add to this r3 TD and people are doing crazy things there. while “Average joe” has problem to even clear them while using all means nessesary

thats what happens when game company doesnt know when to tell playerbase :slight_smile:

"Stop you are so good that game is easy for you but we cannot tailor game for top 5%"

instead we end up in this crazy world.

actual good idea.

daily quest crap oneshotting 50k mobs should never be the way to get 470 corrupted and other goodies.

therse not even some funny achievements with toys and other goodies to unlock from doing daily quests.

mechagon and nazjatar were so far ahead in immersion and exploration

you casulas never think about the result of what your are suggesting.

If you get more vessels then you would get more momentos and a socket every other day…

Ye only thing u forgot to mention that he got full research, lvl 15 cloak, and lvl 80 neck. Give him a lvl 5 vendor weapon.

He even wrote it in his post?

“You just need to play it safe. Once your cloak is R15, and have Elite Extermination and Gift of the Titans researched, you can clear 5-masks.”

Oki, then remove the 445 weapon from the main hand and replace it with the same quality like the offhand. Since i “only” need r15 cloak and 2 research trait.