Seasonal mount during off season (SOLVED, Yes we can progress during off season !)

Hi ! I’ve recently started playing in rated pvp content, so I’m way off for the seasonal mount (I’m standing at 8% right now). I’m wondering if the bar progress will stop next wednesday on patch day, or if we’ll still be able to farm it for the two weeks after, in between patch day and season 3 launch? Anyone knows how it worked with the previous season’s mount?

I need to know because if I have to do 92% in one week, I’m gonna need to play arenas almost all day long ^^’

I’d like to know as well!

Of course it will be reseted. You can get 10saddle per season so if you can’t get it now don’t worry you can get mounts later in s3 :blush:

Ah, sorry, I wasn’t accurate. I’m not talking about the vicious skeletal warhorse that you get from saddles, I’m talking about the vicious skeletal blacksteed (sorry for the confusion, but the names are quite similar xD), the seasonal mount.

As the season 1 mount didn’t reappear at a vendor for a saddle (which I’m really baffled by), I’m guessing this mount will disappear as well.

The question is when?

You need to win matches during season 2 to get the mount, and season 2 ends on wednesday.

As seasonal rewards like the new Titles and Rank 1 aren’t obtainable after wednessay I would say that it is the same for the unique season mount.

But here’s the thing, it doesn’t have to. Titles, Rank 1 etc are stopped on patch day because patch day introduces new gear, new essences, etc etc, so it would be unfair to keep it going for another week or two. Because people who are on holiday and whatever could grind gear super fast and then have a huge advantage over people who would do just a few arenas during those weeks. The rating wouldn’t be representative of player power anymore, because while their skill would be the same, gear would be inequally distributed.

The mount however, isn’t based on rating. It’s just based on time. As I mentionned in my original post, there’s a wowhead comment on the vicious riverbeast, dated 19th of december (AFTER 8.1 hit) saying that the mount was still available until the 22nd of january, when season 3 started. The only problem with this is that it’s just one comment. There’s no consensus to confirm it’s true.

That’s pretty much why I made the post, to know if other players had experienced this and can confirm that the bar wasn’t reset or blocked on patch day. It’s no official confirmation that it’ll work the same for season 2, but it would be a huge clue.

Let it also be noted that I made a GM request to have an official word on this, and GMs do not have the info either. The reply was pretty much “We’re hoping the developper team will disclose the information soon”, which isn’t great considering it’s 4 days away ^^’

It doesn’t make too much sense since you can get saddles after capping for the current seasonal mount. Discontinuing the progress for it during the post-season will only serve to reduce the activity during it to some degree at the lower end of the ladders.

Would be great if they went and said which things would stop being obtainable right away and which things wouldn’t when going into the post/pre-season part. Goes for both M+ (mainly FoS for doing all keys at +10/15 that season) and rated PvP.

Alright, so after a suggestion from a Game Master (who told me my best bet to get the info was to tweet at WacraftDevs), I went there and someone already had asked ! We ARE able to progress on the mount (and vicious saddles) during the offseason.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.