Vinyl : Triumph of Gnomeregan [rant]

So today was the day we could get the mount from the meta achievement in Nazjatar if we did all the weeklies and everything else correctly. I missed a week and I know I’ll get my Periodic Destruction achievement next week and that’s fine.
At teh same time I have been grinding my mount on Mechagon, and got everything so far but the Vinyl : Triumph of Gnomeregan. I have been farming Steel Singer Freza daily, I have been farming the Reclamation Rig daily and even twice a day if hardmode could be triggered, but nothing does to it, I still don’t get it.
A friend I’m husband I play with and do everything together got it 3 weeks ago.

I have no view on this, and thinking I can still grind weeks and weeks to come not knowing when I can get that one last piece when I have and grinded everything else is hard on my nerves. This RNG is very low too :frowning: .

and you how lucky, or unlucky, have you been so far?

4 Likes

Only need like 15 completed projects fro mount. My last rng item was blueprint from cogstar, which every other my char had but not the one i was doing acheivement with.

4 Likes

Yes, I don’t like too much rng into stuff, I think I’m quite well off, for nazjatar I miss 5 odd weeks for periodic destruction and little under a month for last follower, the real problem of that one was the rare achi ofc, I started late with both of these zones and didn’t start trying immediately either. Mechagon is more rng ofc, and my roadblock is the vynil that drops from the anomalies and steelsinger, it’s been a few days I see no anomaly daily up, but even then 3% from 4 mobs is hardly much, even if I save the items to get some more mobs the day after, and steelsinger’s drop is pathetic, though I’ve had at least a vynil from her before.

Considering how far back I am with periodic destruction I should assume I’d be able to finish mech by then, meanwhile in any case there’s so many mounts to farm that we can just continue doing our daily events for a year in case, then we could bet whatever we want to get the achi, and most likely this won’t be the last mount we get.

1 Like

I still don’t have my Vinyl Triumph of Gnomeregan despite farming rig and Freza daily. Tomorrow I’ll get my mount from Nazjatar, and I rather have it time gated than RNG, when you end up suspecting you’ll be stuck doing the same routine for the next five months or more.
Even though ne patch with new content comes up tomorrow, I had wis I would be at least done with those to enjoy what comes next.
Mind you I still don’t have the mount drop from Rustfeather, nor the Archanoid HArveter, but I don’t care as much, since they are mount drop. What I need is not a mount drop, it’s the last part of a meta which happens to reward a mount.
Problem too is that all the other parts came with reasonable drop rate, I don’t get why this one is so rare in comparison, and what’s the reasoning behind this?
Thanks for coming and share your experience, I sincerely hope you’ll get what you need soon :slight_smile:

I know what your suffering all too well.

Only needed this one item to get my mount for like a month and a half, still doing the rig, freza and the bundle parts daily.
I’ve even bought and farmed hardened parts on some days for like 30 minutes and get a few epic boxes but still no Vinyl.

1 Like

I still need the triumph and the orange paint :confused:

@Lyonidus I thought Triumph dropped only from Freza, Rig and Data Anomaly.

1 Like

I’d really like some kind of bad luck protection, like if you’re exalted with Mechagon, you can buy the missing vinyls for 10 000 parts and 20 Galvanic Oscilators.

6 Likes

Star date 54868.49… The planet is dead, everyone is gone, I survive on a daily regime of drinking recycled urine and eating a mixture of dry seaweed and some sort of strange plankton curried in the remains of my once fellow heroes (with a pint and some mango chutney it could really go down a treat).
To whoever may find this bottled message I send out into the waves, wherever you may be in the world or in the stars, please know, that I fought till the end and lived out the rest of my days like a true warrior, here, on Mechagon, farming this vinyl…

that’s the best quote I found on wowhead about the whole thing.
It feels like the other parts being easy drop was kinda a lure. The whole point about how WoW works now a days: the time invested is to important now to let go, and you’re hooked and hope the next drop will be the good one.
I think it is cruel. This drop should drop as easily as the rest of the other drops. It’s a part of the meta, and all the part should be equally difficult to get. At least you’d know from first drop if it is worth going for it.
I had hope I would get it with the reset, but I didn’t have such a luck. It makes me wonder if this is a weekly chance or something? At least Blizzard could enlighten us about this.
I opened a ticket and they said that “nothing is wrong with the drop rate” but they couldn’t tell me what the drop rate is supposed to be.
We have to rely on wowhead to try and figure out those things, which I think is completely crooked : informations should be given in game, I care less about wowhead tbh.
Any how that meta achievement and the mount coming with it are a huge let down. I would have gotten it even last week, I would have been happy. From now when I’ll get it all i’ll feel will be “it’s about freaking time” . Who does that do any good to? Why Blizzard quand simply make you happy with allowing to finish a questline, a meta achievement, a zone?
Thats’ what happened with Nazjatar, and I think the person who came up with Mechagon should be hanged high and short.
The zone is horrible, it’s just a dump, we’re at a time when everyone is talking about ecology, and they let us drown in that filthy oil and rusty environment.
There is nothing to save this place.

3 Likes

I think the data anomaly drops a different Vinyl.
Everywhere I go to check where Triumph drops, nobody mentions getting it from data anomalies.

1 Like

According to wowhead Data anomaly drops Vinyl: Battle of Gnomeregan not teh Triumph of Gnomeregan.

Oh right, ok. The question is, is there a benefit to doing the hardmode rig, or are the chances for one type only and then you’re locked (like the raid mounts across difficulties).

1 Like

Yes, hardmode rig gives you the epic box which has a higher chance of dropping the vinyl I think.
It also has a higher chance to give you both the normal and the hardmode version of the boxes.

The normal rig can also give you both boxes but that rarely happens.

1 Like

Any luck today?
Been following your thread here, and I really think you are at a point now, where you seriously deserve the drop!

If still no luck - I am sending you some lucky-dust for good fortune :woman_mage:t4::dizzy::sparkles::sparkles:

4 Likes

Aww bless you I really needed this support today as I’m the edge of dropping it all together.
Unfortunately I still didn’t get any luck with that drop. I don’t get why the drop rate is so low.
But your post really touched me :slight_smile: Really bless you.

2 Likes

Don’t let it get to you ,I know you are a strong lady I remember your threads about portals !! so keep that positive vibe going and you can and will get it :hugs::kissing_heart::rose:

1 Like

I don’t know what I did to deserve this, but thank you so much :sparkling_heart: .
The support is really appreciated, you guys keep me from collapsing.

:heart_eyes::kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Sorry for late answer, I don’t come on forums often, but a few days ago I got the vynil from the anomaly to drop, and as a collector I was also doing kua’fon, got egg at 1584 kills the same night, so now just need a last run in operation mechagon and to buy the last 3 blueprints to finish, naz will be 5 more weeks due to periodic destruction as I started late.

Good luck with the triumph, I agree it must be the hardest if unlucky, simply cause you get less daily chances and drop rate is also lower, it should at least be repeatable and still drop the box of assorted parts, just like you can repeat it for requisitions as many times as you can manage a day, which makes stuff like the orange spraybot more reasonable.

3 Likes

Anyone bothered by the crappy audio quality of the thing? Who would want to listen to that while in Rustbolt? When instead you can listen to the regular excellent Mechagon music in great quality.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I still don’t have any drop from Freza or the Reclamation Rig. Proof that your answer wasn’t as late as you might have think^^ .
I’m glad you could finish off your parts and hope for my drop to come someday.
I think there is a misunderstanding from me of what is a meta mount:
in my mind it was a way to get the mount model of the drop from Rustfeather for those who were not lucky enough to get it directly, and we could grind our way to get the mount. Apparently I was wrong. Blizzard puts things in game that we are not supposed to get, as mounts from the Expeditions Islands I guess.
Frustration is a powerful string to get you play, until you get fed up with it, for good.

2 Likes

I know and share your pain the drop rates in game are savage .I have given up on Ulduar completely for Mims head at 1300+ kills
RnG is just completely broken .I understand we have to work for things but another example is the love rocket every year since it came out 1000s of kills racked up yet others get it in 1 go .
The island mounts are a complete farce aswell .

1 Like