Vinyl : Triumph of Gnomeregan [rant]

I will add you next time online which will be either Thursday or Friday depending on real life and good to see an old face.

All right, taking the chance to get back on this then which is my first char overall, and we’ll see about the numbers when you’re on.

And absolutely no intent to call you or anyone liar, I’m just very number-oriented and if I see something that seems out of the likelyhood I get surprised.

1 Like

I have been farming since day one of 8.2, I got all the other parts along the way, this is my last one remaining to get. 8.2 was out on the 25th of June, I went first to get my pathfinder, and killing rares for random drops, then time after time what I needed narrowed, I got my last item before the one I needed around mid august, that means that getting this one is taking me twice as long to get this one as it took me to get all the others together.
Pff writing that down … I had to check the dates twice to make sure that was real :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

Same problem for me, just this missing for weeks by now.
I really enjoyed Mechagon very much, also think that the rare drop mounts are fine as they are BUT this Vinyl… I am afraid that’s all that will be left in my memory about Mechagon for a long time… totally tainted the expirience >_>

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’re in the same situation. The fact that you are expecting the same item should tell something to Blizzard about the drop rate of this item.

One other thing that Blizzard has introduced massively in MoP and again in BfA is camping mobs.
I would like anyone to explain me the interest and the fun to stay at a location waiting for a mob to spawn half an hour to a full hour, killing it within 2 minutes and checking if you got what you were waiting for?
Before the only case you could be “camping” a mob would have been the proto drake, that Blizzard had the honesty to name " The Time Lost Porto-Drake".
They don’t seem to care that much for us players to lose our time just camping rares in expectation to get the loot.
The thing with Time Lost Proto -Drake is that you could wait for it for long (or just get in on the fly) but at least the drop chance was guaranteed.

Now a days, I spend something like more or less an hour a day to camp for Freza, I kill her and SURPRISE, I never get her 0,5% drop chance of the Vinyl : Triumph of Gnomeregan.
Mind you have I none of the mounts from the rares in the wild, because it just blows my mind to just stand there waiting for them to spawn, tabbing out to do anything else until my Silverdragon addon decides to make me deaf.

Before when we were farming mounts into instances, the mob to farm was always there. No question about it. You entered, murdered your way to the boss, and kill it too. But there was no wait, no camping.

So once again, if anyone can explain to me how Blizzard could ever think it would be a “fun thing to do” to lose hours of waiting doing nothing, please do :smile:

2 Likes

The kind of drop rate I like is what Blizzard did with the different mounts you can get from random mobs (or fishing) in BfA : the donkey from Stormsong, the hyena from Voldun etc.

Because you can either be very luck and get one at random, or decide to farm them for hours or, as they are BoE, get them via the AH or trading.

So it’s a system opens to different kinds of play styles and who even helps socialization (the goal any mmorpg should aim at).

The new bee mount is another good system. You know that in the end you’ll get the mount. You can choose to grind it super fast or take your time. You can trade Jelly with others players (once again: socialization!), sell/buy some at the AH, create groups for events, follow people with special goggles or just kill the rare once in a while for rep. You’ve got options!

The vinyls drop in Mechagon, by contrast, as none of that. It’s a solitary activity that builds only frustration. You can’t even, if you get a vinyl while in a group, trade it to a friend who really needs it.

5 Likes

absolute fail content imo. why the F do the rares have a 30min - 2 hour spawn time when you can only get loot from them once a day? and when you have to kill them hundreds of times, if unlucky, to get their rare drop.

not only that, this content is NOT future proof at all.

imagine the poor guy who starts playing this game in the next expansion, sees the awesome meta mount and decides he wants to get it. he will most likely be alone in paying 2500 metal everytime for the RIG event…

not to mention trying to get the items from those holographic mobs. GLHF farming that…

please, blizzard, just add a vendor that can sell everything needed for the meta achievement. make it somewhat expensive if you want, but with a vendor players can at least seem them self’s getting slightly closer to the finish line with each hour spend farming.

3 Likes

Indeed it will be hard to gather all parts, and the rig is pretty hard to fight by yourself too.
I feel cheated because it has been so easy and fast to get everything else.
If It took me as much time to get just the first part, I would have not gone for that meta mount / achievement. That Vinyl : Triumph of Gnomeregan is a lie.
I would have hoped that with the weekly reset I would get it (stupid fool) but I didn’t. Only Saurfang can say “you can not kill hope” (3:40 into “Reckoning” cinematic) but that’s only for story matter, because in game that’s another story. Thanks Blizzard.

5 Likes

This zone is giving me anger issues:

Cogstar: 1h+ farmign only for him to spawn in a Horde group so anathor half hour to get my daily tag, once again no plans. Going for a 80-90% daily kill rate on him and starting on the 25th. At least 80 kills… GIVE ME A BREAK ALREADY! Some bad luck protection? A vendor? Will these plans be the last thing I ever get? When I’m done with everything else?!

Rig: Got both boxes in the same rig today, not even empowered mobs (well just more health but oke) and guess what? Still no vinyl!

If I visit shrink he can show Soundless etc. and I wouldn’t bat an eye with how many times he died with me and no mount. But show 1 picture of Cogstar, his plans, the rig or this vinyl and I would go balistic…

1 Like

for me it wasnt the vinyl, more the blue spraybot and chicken (for some weird reason) to sit out.

more depressing was, that someone who casually plays (and started doing it later) got the mecha-done faster than me. weeks before.

gl on the vinyl!

1 Like

Can’t believe so many people enjoy farming vynil, pet, mount color, achievements that are time-gate and require you to do some thing every day for useless stuff.

But it seem Blizzard is right with the decision to put Retail into this way, there’s a market, but it’s really sad when all i want is putting all the ressource to PvP, Raids, and Dungeons instead of useless thing :confused: .

Well the problem is it isn’t time gated. If it was time gated we would get what we’re after at some point, and we would know about when.
The problem is that it is completely RNG, and we might never get what we’re after… because some of us are “just terribly unlucky” (Blizzard™)

As you’ve said, it seems utterly ridiculous that a meta achievement is locked behind rng. There’s just no way you can work towards it - how can you improve your luck? Given that you can be “extremely unlucky”, even trying over and over and over again is of no use. My husband and I used to do all the Mechagon stuff together and were really excited once we’d killed all of the rares. Then we looked at the other achievements required, banged our heads off the wall trying and failing to get random dropped and so gave up. He’s been so annoyed by all the rng that he barely plays anymore. I can imagine that many others feel like this too and are put off playing any/all aspects of the game as it’s just rng after rng after rng…

2 Likes

I too play with my husband and we do everything together online. Which make us notice as this came isn’t friendly when you group up with others, which is weird for an MMO. (playing together was the main reason we chose MMO).
He got this item at the beginning of September, and refrained to hand it to wait for me to get it too.
To begin with the personal loot system: before we were able to chose with the “need before greed” or “group loot” which of the two of us would get what loot. Now the RNG is even more unforced, since we can’t chose anymore and it happened more than once that one of us looted twice the same item the other never had, and couldn’t pass it on because it’s “soulbound”.
And that’s the next issue; why everything has to be soulbound? Now a days even grey items can be soulbound, if you take a look at the world literally it’s really pretty weird, and doesn’t make much sense. “bind on pick up” is not a friendly feature.
That will bring me to a side subject about the profession: my husband chose when we started playing to be leatherworker, because he enjoyed crafting thing for me back then. Would gift me surprises, and make both happy. Now a days, even crafted items are bind on pick up, so you can’t even please and surprise others with something worthy and handmade. (and that made that profession pretty much useless to him since he’s a plate wearer).
The more we go into the game, the more our character get powerful, the more we lose grip on them, on the story and what we want to do, and RNG wins overall.
If I wanted RNG I would play gambling games, I wanted to play a MMO RPG, I don’t really know what I’m playing anymore.

And if anyone wonders, nope, I still didn’t get my Vinyl : Triumph of Gnomeregan
Oh and if Blizzard is kind (smart) enough to make a vendor for it, I have: 56 S.P.A.R.E Crates (14 000 parts), 72 Galvanic Oscillators, 98 Chains Ingnitercoil, 167 Energy cells, 760 Empty Energy Cells… to spend on it.

3 Likes

Triumph finally dropped for me, from Freza nonetheless. Now I’m only missing overload orange.

2 Likes

Congrats to you :tada::fireworks::sparkler::firecracker:
Still nothing on the horizon for me.
It’s a trip in absurdity.

1 Like

Finaly got my cogstar plans today (reset day of 5th of October) and again with 3 chances today still not this vinyl, but atleast I don’t have to take the flight path anymore! Allow me to buy it at this point…

1 Like

Killing freeza each day since release and no damn luck with triumph

1 Like

That’s a lot of energy cells etc., since you want to get rid of them, did you already do (not checked) the tinkerer achi? Sounds like a good way!

Apart from that, I wanted to say I also hate the camping design, did fabious recently, terrible experience, 8h wait for a rare up for 2-3 mins and you even need people cause you can’t cover all spots alone.

1 Like

Finally got my Vinyl from the rig box a couple of days ago, just randomly decided to do the event before taking a shower and it popped when I opened the box.

The relief I felt in that moment is the same as when you kill the last boss of a mythic raid on the last day before the next patch.

Haven’t done mechagon since, need a small break from the zone.

All I can say is good luck on the Vinyl, hopefully you’ll soon be released from the RNG like me.

1 Like