Violating the EVRM

The problem is that they could configure it for certain words or repetition, aka spam. As I demonstrated easily on the forum, The Warden is incompetent and depends only on the amount of reports and not the reason why it’s being reported.

They even implemented a rollback in HK’s and honour to counter duping, between 08:00 and 09:00 am ST. Pathetic.

Uhm… No. That’s not what occurred at all.

It’s not the Warden, it’s a separate system.

If you farm world HK’s during that timespan, there will be an amount rolled back.

I’ve also read that the warden is responsable for silences and squelches as it handles the reports, but I’m interested in more accurate information.

You’ve misunderstood the way it works.

The Warden is the anti-cheat software used to scan your running processes and things plugging into the WoW program, and so on.

Then what is handling the player based reports?

A separate system.

Source please?

It’s not something publicized. Not everything is actually public information, you know?

But ok, I’ll give it a try to explain:
The automated right-click punishment system is running on the server side, while the Warden is running on the client side.

I’ll give it a better attempt:

Action(s) Taken:
Account Silenced

Violation: Abusive Chat

Your fellow players reported you for abusive language multiple times.

Due to these player reports, we have silenced your World of Warcraft account until 2020 January 11 23:28 UTC. For more information, please visit our [Account Silence article]“blablabla can’t include links not even blizzard”

As the owner of this account, you are responsible for all actions associated with it. We will only overturn penalties if there is evidence of a compromised account or similar extenuating circumstances.

Regards,

Customer Support
Blizzard Entertainment
“blablabla can’t include links not even blizzard”

This is an automated reply when you appeal the ban. When you ask them to specify the violation, in this case abusive chat, they reply:

A Game Master resolved your ticket, and left the following response:

Good morning MJ,

This action has been taken in accordance with our Terms of Use and our In-game Policies “blablabla can’t include links not even blizzard”, which all players acknowledge and agree to prior to playing World of Warcraft. These policies and conditions allow us to maintain a fun and safe game environment for all of our players.

Our Battle net Terms of Use can be found at “blabla can’t include links not even to blizzard”

The action taken wasn’t due to a flaw in the system or any “Mass player reports” the action had been taken due to your unacceptable behaviour using vulgar language in the public channels which players had reported you for.

We now consider this matter closed and would not look to enter into further discussion on the subject.

I wish you a pleasant morning waves

After 3 times I realise that this is a moderater copying whaver he can find as there appearently are no logs from reports at all.
However, reporting players for vulgair language isn’t even an option when reporting players.

Imo

This is The Warden banning players for hitting a certain amount of certain flags.

There are logs. Their policy however doesn’t always include them going over it together with you in a transparent manner.

That’s again you misunderstanding how it works.

There is. Right-click -> Report Player For -> Language

I do think that The Warden registers player reports and handles out bans after hitting a checkpoint. In this case it was “abusive language” which is one of the 4 options you can report a player for.

Same as when you report some player for “cheating”, it will be handled by The Warden and I’m 100% sure that when you gather 50 ppl and report 1 player for “cheating” in a certain time interval, the player will get banned even if that player isn’t cheating.

That’s The Warden in a nutshell, besides all the other known exploits and hack filters which are known and patched.

It’s a semantic debate but as far as I’m aware warden is the name used for the modular anti cheat system that blizzard uses. Executable warden modules are sent by the server and loaded by the client and the client module then responds to requests from the server. This allows them to change the client sided cheat detection quickly and even on a granular scale. It also makes the anti cheat system more opaque and less predictable to those who seek to circumvent it.

A nice metaphor would be where the law and justice irl would be The Warden in game.

The chat would be a prostiituute and my words would be pleasing her for the €12,99 which I pay her to chat. But 50 other customers are waiting in line and they are fed up with my words pleasing her. Reporting me to the law and justice for rape.

The law and justice would not care that I didn’t commit rape. It would just care about the 50 complaints. That’s how The Warden works and it’s responsable for silences and squelches.

I might definately be wrong but I think that The Warden is not only anti cheat, as it used to be. It’s their automated system to distribute punishments based on detection and complaints.

My honest apoligize towards The Warden if it’s a different system but it’s broken anyway.

Blizzard made the game a PEGI-12 so swearing is not allowed, no matter what your “local” country laws say. Sounds to me like you ranted and raved in the chat and people reported you. Freedom of speech in this game does not exist as it does in the real world.

You are wrong. Warden is for things like botting and changing files in the memory.

Haha Di Rupo, nog zo ene die z’n gat openzet voor het kapitaal.

Waarschijnlijk terecht.

Groeten uit Antwerpen

Hier se ene van de koekestad. De wereld is klein, helaas. Heel klein in dat belachelijk klein land hier.

Freedom of speech is not a thing when you are on someone elses property(wow is blizzards property)
Its only a thing when you are in public places. In your home you can decide what is allowed to say or not, blizzard decide what they allow to be said inside wow.

There is one other thing, and this is Blizzards rule, these forums are English Language only.

1 Like

I’ve been banned for stupid reasons, it’s a joke.

In game I’ve been banned 3 times because of jokes at 3am. Because of the snowflake realm I was encouraged to roll on when I started, imagine reporting someone over jokes and then actually getting them suspended for it.

And I called someone an “idi*t” once on forums and got a 2 month ban from the forums. Absolutely pathetic.