Warchief Showdown

Howdy

This is the Thread of Warchiefs gone bad, their reasons and story arcs. Its not a powerlevel comparison for obvious reasons!

Sylvanas and Garrosh - their tipping points, motivations and their visions for the future, which one has your favor and why. As characters put into shoes of Warchief who do you see more sympathising towards.

Shoot away your constructed thoughts!

1 Like

Despite both Sylvanas and Garrosh being terrible warchiefs, at least Sylvanas has a big picture plan that involves the whole cosmos, unlike Garrosh who is just a cave man “hurr durr let’s conquer everything for the orcs because i’m a racist little pig”.
Perhaps it’s me being biased , I hate Garrosh haha!

3 Likes

Garrosh feels much more like a person to me. With Sylvanas it’s all so superlative. She was the best of rangers, she endured the worst of tortures, she had the strongest of wills, and her plans are too big for puny mortals, they are about changing the nature of reality itself! Yeah, feck that.

Garrosh on the other hand was the poster child for what they call toxic masculinity. Pathetic, sure, but very human. If someone threatened or insulted him he would fly into a rage, when he feld he deserved something, he tried to take it, when people didn’t live up to his expectations, he had no use for them, and, of course, any mercy was a weakness, and weaknesses in anyone made him angry. He was always feeling something - mostly anger and pride, true, but at least something recognizable.

Sylvanas feels too much like a plot device for me to have much of any personal feelings towards. Garrosh at least felt like a person.

6 Likes

Garrosh offered a realistic take on how the flaws of some ruler could be naturally evolved into tyrant traits.

Sylvanas was handled in a way that made it seem as she was suddenly replace by an evil doppelgänger that held none of her virtues, and an augmented mirror of her flaws.

I sympathise with both for entirely different reasons.
With Garrosh, from an ingame perspective that makes me lament the fact that he spiralled so out of control.
And with Sylvanas, from a meta perspective, one that makes me wonder why did Blizzard waste so spectacularly one of their iconic characters.

4 Likes

Garrosh was atleast realistic.

Slyvanas? For a long while now, she feels like a fanfiction author self-insert.

Garrosh actually felt like a warchielf in command before going all crazy.

Slyvanas? Not even in one moment, I considered her actually as a Warchief.The mustache twirling-villian theme stuck on her so much, to the point I always thought she accepted warchief role because it would suit her mustache-twirling villian future mega plans.And I was right.

They are incomparable, and I don’t even like Garrosh…

3 Likes

That remain me the part when garrosh was killing the quillboars and no matter how hard he woud swing there would still be a ton of others coming trying to go out and he would show them the’ might of the horde,very likable character you can empathize with and feel every moment in his boots.

Not as much of a one trick poney than people are saying, he did use technology and even time travel to his advantage and would use all he could access to reach his goal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.