Warcraft Bightness level not saved

Please read as I have tried all the usual fixes and its not that.
I set the brightness level in toon loading screen or in game and its correct.
The next time I launch the game the slider is at the same as I left it e.g. 81 but the actual brightness of the game is very low dark. I move the slider just one level to e.g. 80 and the brightness jumps to the right level again.
It driving me crazy to do this every login.

I am sure in the code that the slider data and the actual brightness level is working with the right values, but the value that is saved for next launch is either wrong or an error so it defaults to a low value, and the brightness slider is not updated graphically to the saved value but the actual brightness is changed to the saved value.

It happened after a specific patch early 2019 I think when the full frame rate patch happened and x12 but I might be wrong on that. Happens in x11 or x12

I am convinced its either an issue in the warcraft itself, and I have seen this exact same issue on the US forums with no resolution.

Acer Nitro 5 Nvidia GTX 1050

Things I have tried, on two laptops, run as admin, fresh install windows 10, fresh install warcraft, fresh install launcher, cleared cache, repaired warcraft, no addons. All other games and desktop is ok. Latest nvidia drivers and windows drivers.

Hey Darkhut,

A few things come to mind when reading through your issue. First off, your power settings are something I’d like you to check: Configuring Power Management Settings. make sure this is set to High performance. Now this should not make changes to your in-game settings, but could potentially cause some general brightness changes for you.

Another thing I’d like you to check, is your Graphics Card options. Do you have GeForce Experience installed? If you do, do you use that to Optimize your game settings? If you do, disable that for now and revert the game settings back to default.

Last but not least, go through the steps to clear your UI (addons). I know you mentioned not using addons and doing a clean install already, but just want to make sure that the game installation we are testing this on now does not have any addons installed.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Yes always on max performance i checked this. However if this was an issue of dimming due to saving power then it would be constant and not be adjusted by wiggling the slider a tiny amount.

I never use the nividia settings and have set them back to default. And no addons.

Also the brightness problem is on char selection screen before even addons are loaded so its unlikely to have an impact.

Here is a video of the problem

I guess there is no solution to this bug ?

Seems to have been fixed in 8.1.5