Warlock or Rogue for last two phases?

So, long story short – I came back after P1 and decided to make a one strong main to raid. I started as a hunter, which is 36 now already, and it feels kinda good during leveling, but the more I read topics about DPS in later phases – the more I understand that hunter probably will not be the best pick since phase 5 and AQ is on its way. My priority is to pop solid DPS and to be in at least top 5 DPS in raid, and based on AQ/Naxx pserver POVs and people speaking on forums, all that hunters can really in later raids do is to pop some raid utility and tranq shots. They’re not about competitive damage at this stage.

(also things like deadzone and FD working its own way always make me think abous changing my class, oh well)

And here comes my question – who is better in terms of pure DPS competition in last two raids? Warlocks can blast huge numbers with their shadowbolts (which is a really big factor for me), but the other side of that coin is enormous aggro generation, so AFAIK they can’t just spam SB’s the whole time. Is it true, or with good tanks warlock aggro will not be a big problem?

On other side, rogues are solid damagers through the entire Classic, and stealth is one of the best wow mechanics (especially on PvP servers), but their numbers during the fights are not that flashy, and there’ll be a lot of gear competition since it’s one of the most popular classes overall.

So I need your advice, guys and gals. What should I choose considering all these factors?

Thank you.

I main a hunter and it is well geared at 8/8t2 with xbow. I am at my peak and will only get a raid spot from now on due to time in guild and a tranq shot. If you want to do top 5 dps in the last few phases you need to roll Rogue or Warrior.

In terms of single target dmg in p6 with insane gear buffs in a competitive setup:
1: Mage with ignite (2-3k dps)
2: warrior (1500-1700 dps)
3: rogue/lock (1300-1600 dps)
4: mage without ignite
5: hunters
Numbers are taken from a couple youtube videos i watched from speed kills from top guilds and their damage meters, so no heavy research but it should be slightly accurate.

Hunters are not going to compete, but keep in mind that if you join a decked out guild you will still bring 1-3 hunters depending on the raid, and if you can do 50 more dps than the hunter who did not get invited, that would in theory be the same as if you did 50 more dps than a warrior who did not get a spot.

If your guild has enough hunters and would invite you regardless of your class then you will be more beneficial with the top tier choices

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.