Warlocks Mythic +

Good day everyone!

I’ve just rolled a Warlock and done some Mythic + dungeons and also LFR (Although it isn’t a very good source for numbers, still the bosses live longer and such).

I’ve noticed that dungeons is our weakness while raids is where we shine so now i have questions.

How are you guys/girls doing in Mythic+ and how do you gear up if you are not invited to groups just because you are a lock. ( I expect better numbers at higher lvl keys or am i wrong?)

Feel free to link specs and such!
Have a nice day!

Well, as a warlock the only viable spec for M+ is demo which lacks an interrupt. It’s got good sustain aoe via HOG and Implosion, good burst aoe with Grimoire: Felguard and Bilescourge Bombers. ST is pretty decent too.

But the big problem is the lack of an interrupt.

Many pugs don’t want warlocks cause there’s this stigma that they are crap in M+ which is not true at all. We can dish out a lot of damage and have okayish utility.

If you manage a to find yourself a team to do M+ you’ll see just how awesome we are :slight_smile:

True, but compared to a mage are warlocks as good? I’ve come from a Mage of 7+ years to try a warlock this expansion and dungeons definitely seem less fluent.

I was also under the impression Destruction was equally played in Mythic+? According to raider IO they’re both very equally played

Destruction can work, but it’s kinda meh.

It’s even more dependent on having cooldowns up at the right moments than in raiding, Rain of Fire is dumb because tanks often are forced to move out of it, and I have no clue how the spec performs in lower keys, because a lot of the spec works around Flashpoint and other mechanics that require stuff not to die in 10 seconds.

I’d say go and try it out in the new season cause the new affix could benefit the spec an absolute ton (yay to more Havoc and Flashpoint abuse), especially compared to Demonology.

Its stupid that melees are godlike for M+ and casters for raids.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.