Warlocks - What kind of rotation do you use when you're farming open world?

I used to be a farming spec mix between Affli and Demo, but I’ve changed to Demo-Destro for my guild to raid. Now I’m wondering what kind of rotation I’m gonna do. Before I could continue to farm without ever needing to sit and drink, but I find myself sitting and drinking every few mobs now. Anyone got any tips? Thank you.

I’m basically 7/21/23, got ruin and demonic sacrifice.

Summon succubus before the pull, sacrifice her. After the the fight has started, apply your assigned curse and spam shadowbolts until enemy dies. Lifetap if you’re low on mana. If there are many enemies - maybe use rain of fire instead of shadowbolt.

My lock is still low lvl so I’m only 5/19/0 atm, 5 for the instant corruption and the rest in buffing my demons and fel domination.

I’m running succubus until 36 when my felpup can stop spell casters.
Typical rotation for anything up to my lvl is immolate-corruption-situational curse-pound on them with my wand/succubus dps.

It’s very mana efficient so I can still easily CC another enemy or fear my current target and fight if I’m ganked.

For higher lvl targets I’m more aggressive and usually spam searing pain instead of wand shots…still pretty mana efficient.

Just personal experience:
While doing in DS/Ruin i’m sacrificing Voidwalker instead of Succubus. It allows me more aggressivly Life Tap since i’m boosted by additional hp regeneration -> lower mana problems -> more seldom need to drink between pulls.

I eventually came to the same kind of routine. It allows you to do a lot of kills before needing to drink, it’s actually really effective when it’s not compared to aoe farming specs.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.