Warmode Bonus decreased to %20

Cosplayers are a thing & is a hobby ( heck i mentioned that i use fox ears sometimes when im out ) im talking about the people running around with their faction on their shirt 24/7, or as a weekly thing, cosplaying is something you do yearly, atleast if you are me

But hey what do i know, the original post i made was mostly made for laughs x)

PvP should be forced or disabled for everyone.

People should choose pvp when they want it. Not for some kind of bonus.

1 Like

Suits me, as long as we keep the tech to populate and balance zones. But without incentive system, Horde will see an increase in single faction shards.

It was to be expected, shards are actually getting somewhat more balanced lately. Mostly since the release of classic

Dude stop bringing those annoying high elf topics into this. You might want high elfs, but high elfs certainly wont bring alot of people to the alliance. and even if it brought a few more people to the alliance that doesnt imply anything about them having wm on. We dont need more reskins of elfs. You got your high elfs. they are called blood elfs and void elfs.

People used to make that choice my joining a pvp server. being able to turn wm off is the worst thing about wm, wich makes things snowball out of control

If anything the opting in and out button should be removed and pvp servers brought back. But pvp server got removed because pve people whined on the forums during legion about joining world quest groups on pvp realms and how they got killed.

Since turning off my Warmode there is less lag in Nazjatar and world quests take no time.

Turn off the Warmode for a better game experience guys. Damn if I knew warmode off life was so easy I would do this from the beginning.

I don’t have to 1v50 anymore in Tidal Flux.

Zugzug

2 Likes

This so much. I turned off WM on my Paladin and haven’t had any lagspikes in Nazjatar anymore.

1 Like

Maybe the issue is not faction balance but the fact that the Alliance, for the most part, seems to be hiding and only using the war mode when it suits them (Specific world quests)

That kind of behavior should NOT be rewarded. It should not be up to Blizzard to convince the Alliance to use the War mode.

And before anyone says that it is easy for me to say that as a Horde: On our Realm the Alliance outnumbers us in many cases and I have to deal with being ganked whenever there are PVP Missions over at the Horde zones.

Are you kidding right? Whose responsibility it is to maintain somehow faction balance between two factions? Is it you or me? It is Blizzard. Since Cataclysm they caused a snowball effect on Alliance > Horde swaps.

Method is Horde, Limit is Horde, the other competitive guilds are all Horde. Did they swap because Horde races were cooler? Nope, Horde racials are cooler.

As I’ve mentioned earlier, Alliance could’ve preserved their PvP community at least if Blizz did not nerf Every Man For Himself. Whilst Horde were much more superior in PvE compared to Alliance, they took away the only thing that was superior compared to Horde. Now look at the top PvP list, it is full of orcs and blood elves, a few human can be found maybe (2-3).

They gave Horde the best PvE racials, gave Horde the best PvP racials by nerfing Human racial and now you are telling me it is not their Job to motivate people to PvP?

Are you really comparing your average player to the Top Players in PVE/PVP?

Because most of them really don’t give a damn about racials and just pick whatever Race they prefer.

Most of those boosts (in PVE) are an increase of 0,5 to 2% at most which is absolutely negligible for your average player. While we are at it: Every Man for Himself needed a nerf because it gave Humans a third trinket slot AND the PVP ladder seemed to be made up of 70% Humans.

So yeah, If you really compare yourself and others to top players that really have to min-max for those 0,5-2% gains then you do you.

I don’t really know why you bring PVE into this at all either as this was about the War Mode and PVP and once again: Your average player does not bother too much with racials and picks what he/she prefers and if your only excuse for losing to the other player is “His Racials were better” then I would suggest picking a PVP Guide or asking other players to help you with your issues which are NOT bound to Racials.

You have a narrow point of view.

PvE directly has an impact on world PvP because of warmode. These things are not completely seperated nowadays.

PvP players are obligated to do PvE for gear nowadays and PvE players are using Warmode for bonuses but they also don’t miss an opportunity of free kill when they see 1 alliance against 10 hordes. Since Horde is in a much better state by means of PvE participation and success Alliance suffer because of this bonus thing now.

Do you understand the connection between PvE and PvP now?

PvE faction > Horde
PvP faction > Horde
Better average gear > Horde

So why not, why shouldn’t Horde PvE players participate in PvP at this state. They are the majority population wise and even %10 bonus is a blessing for PvE players so they use it and create unequal PvP environment.

Human racial nerf was wrong because it was the only good thing on our side. How can you defend that nerf…

I am telling you that if Horde will have better PvE racials then Alliance must have better PvP racials, it is simple as that. Why did they give both PvE and PvP advantage to one faction? They must share the roles at least for a healthy balance so no one will complain about this. If you are mostly into PvE go Horde, if you are mostly into PvP go Alliance or reverse.

1 Like

Would be the best if we just remove all combat buff racials, like they did profession stuff, so ANYONE could be ANY faction and RACE, and the world will be a little more colorful.

And not just only picking cos xyz race has better racials…

How many people actually choose a race based on the racials? I get that at very high levels, where min-maxing everything matters, those players will consider racials, but does the average player really think about that? I play troll because I wanted to play druid, didn’t want to be a cow, and couldn’t be a nelf since my guild and friends are horde. Racials were never considered.

2 Likes

I have always only turned it on for the weekly quests that I do with some friends and a pocket healer, the daily Battle for Nazjatar that I do with a full raid through the LFG tool, and opening the Mechagon chests while in flight form. As soon as these activities are done, I turn it off in the closest rest zone.

It would take significantly better bribes to get me to expose myself to getting ganked constantly in completely imbalanced world PvP, because it simply isn’t fun to me.

What is the average player, though? Even doing only low-ish M+ keys (up to +15-16 at the most, right now), switching back to Night Elf crossed my mind a few times. I like my Worgen too much to actually do this (Murr was a NE before Worgen were introduced), but if I was less attached to my snout, floppy ears and big paws, I’d race-change for Shadowmeld. When I was more into PvP, Horde racials also seemed very sexy to me (I even tried being a Tauren over the years, twice, but that didn’t work for me at all).

I’d still like racials to become something the player can choose. Maybe on a weekly or longer cooldown, but this isn’t new. In vanilla, I played NE priest, which made me a second-rate healer because I had no Fear Ward. But there was no way I’d play a dwarf (this was before the race-change option anyway), so I made do. I still got to get server first, but only because my server wasn’t very competitive and min-maxing wasn’t as frequent as it is now (we had a paladin MT, which in vanilla was considered impossible according to other people).

Still, racials give an edge even when you don’t do the most difficult content.

Which PvP list are you checking out of curiosity, and can you link it?

I checked Blizzard’s leaderboard just now. On the 2v2 ladder there are 50 Alliance players in the top 100. Out of the 50 Alliance players 22 are playing human.

On the 3v3 ladder there are 46 Alliance players in the top 100. Out of those 46 players 23 are playing human.

That is still almost half of the ladder races being human in the top 100. The disparity I assume will increase as you take more from the list into consideration but I doubt that it will deviate that much. There are and will be plenty of humans participating in PvP in all brackets, and it tells a lot that almost half of the top 100 Alliance participants are still playing human, though I assume that is primarily because of their passive, which is one of the strongest right now.

The problem, as always, was back during Cataclysm. By today the racials are more or less balanced, unless you are the type of player who take utility racials out of consideration completely.

Utility racials in the end are the ones that cause the biggest difference in bossfights. On Conclave as a dwarf you could simply stack up the tank swap mechanic (bleed) up to three or even four stacks before you Stoneform it down. No other race or class could perform the same, which meant that you lifted a tremendous HPS requirement off from your healer’s shoulders.

That is true, but I doubt that most choose their racials simply because of the niche advantage they can give.

Never throughout my path through WoD and Legion did I feel that a certain pull would have went better if I would have been a different race, not even when I was pushing 19-20 keys during Legion, and definitely not when I am doing 14-16 keys now.

I would personally kill to swap War Stomp over to Stoneform however. The racial is super good, but so overlooked because it does not increase your damage (which it did, indirectly, during WOTLK.)

I still remember that with release of the ToT patch in MoP there was a sudden rise in trolls. They did 5% more dmg against beasts, which was a clear advantage over any other race. But aside from this I would say only a very very small portion of the playerbase cares enough about it. Belfs still are the most popular race followed by humans and Nelfs. And all 3 don’t have super strong racials for raiding. For mythic raiding you see a rise in troll players, but not by a huge number.
Things like new chara models or more race/class combos had a higher impact on race changes than any racials being stronger.

I don’t know. The Worgen active racial (a mini sprint) is in a completely different league than Shadowmeld, the mini blood lust of trolls, Stoneform, and the Zandalari racials.

But I do agree that Alliance has the best M+ racial (Shadowmeld) whereas in Legion the now changed Arcane Torrent of Blood Elves was the best choice. It is very, very strong, especially on a healer (but not limited to that role).

In PvP, racials should be disabled.

Appearence of a race is pretty important factor while making a decision on which race to play but better racials take away better players from a faction to another one. Did u see Hall of Fame of Eternal Palace? Horde filled it 100/100 in a week, look at the Alliance what was it…something like 21/100 rofl.

It clearly reflects the Horde bias. People who are capable of raiding high end content probably capable of participating PvP as well and top PvE guilds also an inspiration for newcoming people and they are all Horde rofl. If someone think that this is just a coincidence then it means they have tunnel vision.

Alliance players should demand some correction to this injustice. Blizz needs to give Alliance a race which will make the same impact Blood Elves did for the Horde, more competition also will feed faction fanatics in someway and faction fanaticism in games like WoW is required in order to create passion for the game, now Alliance is destitute wherever you look at it and this takes away faction rivalry and passion as well.

We are superior to Horde only in bed (Goldshire)

Sexy races don’t work. Especially not blue belfs which might end up pissing everyone off except the guys who can’t stop talking about them maybe, cause they are cloning a Horde race and giving it to the Alliance, as opposed to just slightly altering the same Horde race and giving it to the Alliance, which they already done.

Plus consider the fact that the Alliance is the sexy race faction and a lot of good that did them.

No, I think the issue is more profound than “Daddy Blizz Love Hord Moar”. I think the continuous whining and the overuse of the term “Horde bias” over the most trivial issues has sunk in a loser mentality.

And it seems to me that people’s solution to this is to punish the Horde? No, I think not.