Warmode problem at summoning stone (suggestions)

Almost every time.

1 Like

I enjoy killing/being killed by players whilst summoning, this is good interaction and is specifically what warmode is for.

Moving the sum stone inside the instance would remove much of this interaction when really all players need to do is communicate WM is off and react accordingly.

I don’t think it’s fair to do this at the expense of healthy wpvp because it basically revolves around party members being lazy and not going to the stone.

I’d advocate for the stone to be removed entirely but it would also result in removal of one of the more popular locations to pvp so I don’t really see it as viable option.

2 Likes

while my bf and i always either are at the dungeon entrance or are on our way when we apply for keys so its not an issue to sum others, however, a good chunk of people wants a sum and dont bother coming in the first place.

a couple of weeks back we had to sum someone in dazar alor for motherlode who refused to move his butt and demanded a sum. :laughing:

1 Like

Some answers make non sense. There is no discussion about world pvp here.

Totally agree if players playing warmode on, be ready for pvp, camping at stone etc.

We are just saying let different warmode realm players able to use meeting stone together.

For example; If my warmode on and trying to summon someone, warmode off player (in same party) can’t see the portal and click. So we can’t summon anyone. If that portal can be seen by all players (does not matter warmode on or off) the problem will be solved.

1 Like

I usually replace someone who acts like that, they are too risky to take with imo.

1 Like

Oh yes, moving these summoning stones or allowing WM on/off players to summon would RUIN the game… RUIN I tell you!

Oh please, it would fix an inconvenience… Sure, it’s not strictly necessary as the game wouldn’t be broken if they didn’t fix it. But it’s not like fixing it would cause the game to implode.

OP isn’t asking based on fights happening at the summoning stone.
He’s talking about two players of the same faction that can’t summon together, because one got warmode on and one got warmode off.
And his suggested fixes is to either move the summoning stone inside where warmode doesn’t apply.
Or allow people to see each other (or at least each others portals) in a set radius around the summoning stone. Even though people with different warmode settings can’t interact with each other other than the portal clicking.

If you move them inside you are taking them away from WPvP conflict and it’s one of the traditional places for it. I realise that is not that clear from my initial response.

If both WM on and off shards collide at summoning stones I can see a potential for a lag spike as well.

I don’t personally find it the end of the world for people to have to travel to a dungeon, and that sometimes the two people that are present first are not in the same mode.

1 Like

Indeed, which I personally don’t have a problem with because I find WPvP to be a complete and utter bore anyway, as in 99% of the cases it’s just the side with the superior numbers stomping the other.
No skill involved whatsoever.

But at the same time I don’t have a problem with letting the stones stand if people actually enjoy that sort of thing.

Personally I’ve never enjoyed camping Summoning Stones. If you’re on the side that’s winning it’s boring because it’s just superior numbers stomping inferior numbers, and if you’re on the side that’s losing it can just be frustrating if you’re actually trying to get into a dungeon.

I don’t see why that would be the case. The location of those in different warmode settings are already tracked anyway, when they’re in a party together.

Me neither, but just because I don’t see it as a big problem, doesn’t mean I’m not open-minded about discussing a possible solution. Since it is an inconvenience, even if it’s just a minor one.

God forbid you actually have to move your character…

When I started on a PvP server raid time was always a huge conflict for the summon stone. It was fun. And a race to get your people there first :rofl:

I’m not sure I agree with your party are already in same phase even when in different modes. I don’t think that is right. You are in complete separate shards it’s only when you enter the dungeon which is completely separate that you can see each other.

I don’t think this has anything to do with openmindedness. It’s seems people are lazy when it comes to going to a location. Something that is exacerbated by WM on and off because the two people who may have bothered to go to the location are in different modes.

1 Like

Meh… Never found it fun content. It just delayed the raid.

I enjoyed WPvP back when I started playing, because it was often players of relatively similar level fighting each other. Not too rarely one on one.
But that was back in '05, when a lot of people playing didn’t have a max leveled character.
Of course ganking still happened from to time though.

You can see the location is tracked, because you’ll see them on your minimap but you won’t see them on-screen.
Whether that is true for everyone or not I don’t know, but the game tracks your location relative to each other when you’re in a party at least.
Same thing when you’re in different instances of the same area, then you’ll see each other on the minimap but not on-screen.

Of course… People have always been and will always be lazy. That will never change. Human laziness have powered our minds…

“I need to move stuff from point A to B, but it’s difficult and tiresome to carry or drag it.”
Human invents wheelbarrow!

Never underestimate the power of laziness.

Edit: But yes, I think open-mindedness plays a part.
In my experience this community is very close-minded, because everyone thinks that their way of doing things, their opinions and their wants/desires are the only way, the only right way.
If person A finds something annoying, and person B doesn’t. Then person B will call person A something derogatory and point out the problem doesn’t exist because it doesn’t affect them.
No one seems able to see anything from any point of view except their own.
Edit2: But that’s probably more human nature, rather than something unique to this community.

It was the reason raid invites went out before start time and it was kind of fun dominating the summon stone if you could, but inevitably all parties were ulimately there to raid.

I don’t believe seeing someone’s location is the same as being in the same shard.

I don’t think openmindedness is involved (or even applies) when it comes to people being to lazy to travel. It’s just a behaviour. But everyone has their own opinions, we just wont agree. I personally don’t care either if someone needs a summon, generally speaking I will travel to whatever dungeon it is and if two of us are in the same mode I will summon. I also don’t care if a person doesn’t have that zone/area unlocked yet and will wait for a summon, although I did make one of our group fly when I was the only one who had Mechagon unlocked. So one of them had to go Drust and fly across :rofl:

Didn’t say they were in the same shard. Said the game tracked their location relative to each other already, so don’t see why it would create lag spikes if they were able to interact with each others portals.

Well… To be frank, I didn’t say open-mindedness was related to laziness. That’s just putting words in my mouth that weren’t there.

I said open-mindedness was related to people not being able to or willing to try to see anything from any other point of view but their own.
To use this topic as an example: OP points out something that is an inconvenience. Most people react with: “It doesn’t bother me therefore the problem doesn’t exist.”

While this personally doesn’t bother me a lot, I can see the issue being annoying if you’re playing a lot of mythics on your own and often relying on summons.

That’s all right, we rarely do.
Disagreeing with someone isn’t the end of the world after all.

Though a few seem to take it as a personal insult when someone disagrees with them :no_mouth:
That’s generally something I observe in daily life though, not something I uniquely see on these forums.

Edit: On second thought that might be based on how people disagree.
Most people would probably find “I disagree with you based on X” to be perfectly fine, rather than “I disagree with you because you are insert insult here”

Because tracking is not the same as being in the same shard, if you are having multiple shards worth of people at summoning stones, it would lag.

I haven’t put any words in your mouth. I simply disagree that this subject has anything to do with being open or closed minded.

I don’t get it when people get upset that others may not agree. However yes it could be with how some disagree with each other. Ignoring someone being rude is often better than responding. Ofc if they break the rules you can flag them.

Didn’t say it was, but the game is obviously aware of where you are in relation to each other even if you’re not in the same shard. And it shows you this information when you’re in a party.
But I don’t work with software programming, so I can’t say anything beyond uneducated guesses. But I don’t see how just portals you can interact with would create any sort of lag.
Not saying it wouldn’t but I don’t see how it would.
Do you work in software programming so you would know how it would? And if you do I realize it might be a bit too complicated to for you to be bothered to write it down here.

Seemed like you did when you said you disagreed with “open-mindedness being related to laziness”, when I wasn’t the one that brought up laziness. But maybe I just misunderstood you then. Apologies.

Indeed. If someone is intentionally trying to pick a fight it’s better to just leave it be. At that point it’s obvious they’re not there to discuss the matter at hand anyway.

I’m not saying you said anything. I merely stated that I think you are mistaken. Being in the same shard around summonstones would create lag in zones because you are pooling far too many players in to each zone, the opposite of what sharding is there to do. To balance load.

I can’t really say it any other way. This issue is not related to being open or closed minded in my opinion. You are free to think what you want.

I always do, its everyone else that’s the issue. :man_shrugging:

yeah, wasnt party lead though. :woman_shrugging: shortly after i wrote the last comment i had a group where there were 3 wm on and 2 off people. i was there and another one with wm on. took ages until someone with wm on came to port the others. :man_facepalming: i thought for a moment to just turn wm on and come back…would have been faster. :laughing:

I have suggested these two fixes long ago, that was two years ago. I still feel it must be done. I am also happy to see other people agreeing with me as usual.

These were my proposed solutions:

1- Put summon stone inside the dungeon

2-reduce the number of party members required to summon to two or even 1

I did that way back in the old forums.

This is the very first topic I made:

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624292416

https://imgur.com/CmUT0iF

Then my topic got spammed by idiots saying it takez 1 min to reach dungeon. Retards

This is another one I made after

1 Like

Maybe, maybe not… Not a software programmer myself so I don’t know if there’s ways to do it without creating problems.

As are you.

Humble and tactful as always Benjamin.

1 Like