Warrior leveling TBC classic 2h or 1h

Hi there folks,

Im new to classic and i wanna know is which weapons are betters for leveling 2h or two 1h.
Right now im leveling with 2h but i feel slow and when i miss attack i feel like loser.

Warrior leveling is painful.
But everything kinda works.

Mainly keep the weapon updated. It is much more relevant that having good other gear.

Depends how you wanna level I would say and how the rest of you gear is I personally gonna level as tank but then again am full t3 biss and gonna spam dungeons non stop so it’s all about the personal feeling imo

There are tons of debates on this 1h or 2h, arms or fury, … etc
I have levelled with a 2h until now and it’s the most unsatisfying experience I have ever had because all you do is wait for that next swing to get some rage and followed by waiting for heroic strike to replace your next swing (which will not produce any rage) and this is best case because if any of those miss …
One of the reasons people give to not dual-wield is the higher miss rate but this nonsense because the total dps of two 1h is much higher than that of a 2h and the higher miss rate only applies to white attacks.
Anyway, just starting dual-wield as arms (yeah I know, but I am only 37. waiting for flurry and bloodthirst to switch fury) and the fun factor has risen a lot.
Each weapon swing gives me some rage (nearly once every second), overpower does less damage but procs twice that much (dodges can happen on both weapons) … there is much more going on now compared to using a 2h.
I didn’t time if the killing is slower or faster, am I more efficient or whatever argument. The game just went from boring (waiting for swings and rage) to actively playing your character and have something to do every second of the fight. I also tend to change stances much more during a fight since rage is incoming more fluently (berserker<->battle).
I switched for whirlwind weapon to 2 green 1h and I am probably gonna keep dual-wielding even if that 2h is probably the best weapon for my level … I don’t care, I just wanna have fun.
Try both and just play you think gives you the most pleasure while levelling.

2 Likes

2H with Arms seemed to be stronger for leveling back when it was Vanilla Classic only. I’m guessing it’s because most your dmg will come from autoattacks, and dualwield has a heavy precision penalty which hurts rage generation and damage alike, but there’s really nothing you can do about it.

Also, it had Sweeping Strikes for 2 target cleave, and you could in fact cleave your Cleave (so for 20 rage, you hit 4x!), and Mortal Strike is based on (your sloggish but powerful 2H’s) weapon damage.

Experiment however you wish, but Arms was better in my eyes. :smiley:

1 Like

2h all the way if you arms warr if you lvling fury go full 1h weapons period if its possible to have them. I lvled my tauren warr to 60 in classic as fury and I wouldn’t say it was bad but I sometimes used 2h weapons as fury because the 2h weapon did more dmg then my 1h ones and with 1h weapons it took more time to kill mobs sometimes… but if you prefer lvling as fury or arms I would suggest go arms + also better in world pvp then fury but if you want to do 50% of your lvling time dungeons go fury. More dmg overall with ability cleeve as talent = more dmg total in dmg meter then arms warr.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.