Warrior the absolute worst in solo PvP?

I like the idea of playing Warrior, but I keep hearing that Warrior is the bottom when it comes to solo PvP, even when playing as Fury.

By solo PvP I mean BGs when you are on your own defending CP, duels, WPvP… That type of PvP, since I like the idea of playing a class that doesn’t REQUIRE a healer babysitting you.

I would love to know “how bad” Warrior is when they rate it “the worst solo PvP class in WoW”…?

Are we talking “absolutely useless and you will die to even a bad Rogue player”, or more like “if I know what I’m doing, I can still beat any class”…? :sweat_smile:

Thanks!

What do you mean by “even when playing fury”. Fury has much less deff cds…

if you want to play a class that needs a healer go pala or monk, but that should be obv. tbh…

Warriors feel great, but every class does if you play bg and have a little bit of gear. Bgs are full of low geared alts.

And tbh… the amount of times people call classes “worst solo pvp class” is ridiculous…

I am pretty sure you did a post like this a while back.
The thing is that you should always try to get yourself in a position of favor in a BG or everywhere to be honest.
As a warrior you do not just solo defend a flag… just like you wouldnt as a disc priest :smiley:
I think that every class has something its really good at and something that its not really good at.

As a warrior, stick and peel for your healers and you’ll have a great great great time smashing rogues/ferals :upside_down_face:

You got me haha. :joy: I wanted to ask again at a later point to hopefully get some more input, since last time few people replied. :slightly_smiling_face: But it seems to be one of those topics people don’t find that exciting to engage in.

So I’ll go with what you and Kiyouraah said, and the replies I got on the last topic I made a while back. I’ll just accept that if I don’t wanna do Arena, or stick to a healer in BGs, Warriors will struggle. :slightly_smiling_face: That at least seems to be the general replies people give.

Tldr, Warrior alone = Warrior respawning. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Warrior was only ‘good’ 1v1 when resilience and old second wind were in the game. You’d lose to hybrid healer classes (pally, druid, shaman) but you could kill them if you rushed em down fast enough. With enough resil even mages were killable.

I think Warrior was strongest for duelling in TBC and/or WotLK. It’s been downhill since then.

2 Likes

imo ferals are absolute beasts for duels and maybe rogues/hunters now

Actually arms was the strongest in dueling and 1vs1 situations in MOP.

who cares what do you feel as a warrior :D:D:D:D warrior deserves a huge nerf

Right now, if the rogue player has functional hands and eyes, and is over 7 years old, should win even against 10 times Rank 1 Warrior pvp legend.

There are literally no abilities in your book that do anything against any mediocre rogue, and should lose comfortably. Same as DH loses to rogue.
They put you in 7 seconds stun = you cant play the game. Then reset. Then second reset. Dead now because no self healing.

You also lose to classes that can hard/soft immune Recklessness/Warbaner or can kite well.
Which is all other classes in the game.

Who can you beat? Maybe DK because they cant really do anything to your recklessness, and stacking healing debuff really hurts them.
Same as Ret Paladin, they are also wheelchair so you sit them 99% time and are also squshy to meeles like DK.

Against these 2 you have maybe 30-50% chance to win, still you are not favourite tho.

Basically look up 1v1 and 1vX arena tournaments on youtube, its 90% Surv Hunters, Mages, Rogues, Ferals, some DKs. Classes that have counters against everything in the game all the time, have some healing, and can deal with many situations like kiting/burst/etc.

2 Likes

Can sign this pretty much. I hate my class so much sometimes when im alone. Tilting as … . Ppl will never understand that we deserve to be in the best tier in arena in exchange.

2 Likes

Warriors should embody the will to fight on. They should be harder to kill. They should have a passive similar to the Blood DK’s Necropolis Talent. (Damage taken below 30% Health is reduced by 30%.)

1 Like

Or extra haste as our health bar drops lower. Some sort of “Rage” passive (call it what you want).

This way we can Bloodthirst faster for a little bit more sustain and it would fit the class fantasy 100000%.
It won’t be very OP in PvE either because you never want too be low health anyway?

Unfortunately, the way the game is these days that would lead to some degenerate game play. i.e. a trend to not heal warriors above the ‘good’ threshold and so on. More survival at low hp is fine but more resources? Probably not.

There will be no reason not too heal a low health warrior as they will die in one hit from any PvE boss/mechanic… The HC Raid mechs and keys above 15 already hit more then half your health usually.

OP here, returning after a long time hehe… :sweat_smile:

Ever since I started playing WoW I have been curious about Warrior, but I kept away from it because people would tell me that it was the WORST 1v1 class in the game.

But for the past month I have been lvling a couple of Warriors (I just couldn’t let it go hehe :joy:), because I had to see with my own eyes what people were talking about. :man_shrugging: I wanted to see if it was as “meta thing” where it was only in top ranked PvP “Warrior is bad in 1v1”, or if it was a general thing for casual players too…

(I’m logged as writing this, and literally took a break to kill a Shadow Priest in 1v1)
So as I was saying… :joy:

MY EXPERIENCE SO FAR WITH FURY PvP

Up until now whenever a 1v1 situation occurred and I was fighting a equally geared player, I have really only struggled against some Rogues. The thing that inspired me to come back in here and reply to my own post, was that I moments ago went against a Holy Pally and a Ret Pally (1v2) who were guarding a CP in a BG…

People has KEPT telling me that I should pick Pally instead of Warrior, so this was the key moment that changed this month from “I am just testing Warrior”, to my decision to main Warrior going forward.

Not only did I keep on surviving (probably because I had A LOT of Vers stat), but I ran the Holy Pally out of mana so the Ret had to off-heal… And mere seconds before I killed the Holy Pally, the timer ran out for the BG match… I never went bellow 50% health. :muscle:

So while Warrior on paper has less self-healing than other classes in the game, they have A LOT of dmg reduction uptime. And as most people say, “Warrior scales EXTREMELY well with gear”.

MY POINT WITH THIS POST

I think the point I’m trying to make here, is that even if Warrior is “considered bad for 1v1”, this is probably mostly true in cases where it is a high ranked PvP, or when it’s a Warrior who hasn’t geared properly for PvP.

My experience as Warrior has been absolutely amazing, And I love how most of my defensive rotation is smoothly incorporated into my dmg rotation.

I can only encourage others who are in doubt about Warrior because it is considered a “class that require a pocket healer”, to try it out and feel for themselves how it plays in solo PvP. :slight_smile:

Who said Ret Paladin > Warrior?
That man/woman/helicopter is mad.
Warrior is a nice, flexible, fast playing class with 2 unique DPS specs. It hits like a truck, especially in Execute range.
Ofcourse the healing is a little lower because we hit so hard. Imaging having amazing selfheal and a boatload of dmg.

But too be fair, random BGs or low level games barely show you the skill/capability off a class properly.

Either way, keep on trucking through!
I love how you had a nice time playing warrior #JoinTheCrew. :person_fencing:

1 Like

Exactly describes how it has felt playing my Warrior hehe. And yeah that was my impression as well regarding higher Ranked PvP than casual PvP, but once it reaches that lvl of PvP I would in any case be playing with a healer. :slightly_smiling_face: Which again will make the Warriors unique gameplay type shine, since it just needs to focus in hitting like a dumpster truck hehe.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.