We are the Homless Heroes of Azeroth

I want to talk about Housing in Wow.

I have seen it in other games and there are so many players who liked it… even myself.
When i dont want to play the actual content (9.1) i can do secondary jobs like fishing and other stuff but everything has and end to it even grinding av stops making fun.

And its there where housing comes in.
We probably need some change to the Designt of the Houses and some items but nothing which cant be done by a little bit work.

Im mean come on we can´t even pay for an apartment in a tavern wtf.
We even have water collision…for this i can only say why…for a world where you cant sleep in your own bed.

10 Likes

But it means cleaning, grocery shopping, changing the bedding etc. I don’t do that irl, not gonna do it in a game.

5 Likes

who said you must do this just use some gold to get this done by an NPC.
But did you ever seen an npcs do cleaning inside his own house ??? when yes there are not many in world of warcraft who do this…

It’ll take me ages to pay off the WoW version of Tom Nook though

It would most definitely be a very popular feature if done right and could offer so much longevity to the game. It could tie into achievements, professions, quests and more.

So let’s say in a perfect world (of warcraft) you could put your house anywhere, where would it be? Mine would be in the Jade Forest for sure :grin:

8 Likes

That would be really cool but I don’t think Blizzard will do that.

i dont think we well see anything major on that scale done for the time being… maybe in the far distant future. but blizzard have more pressing issues to face first.

the quality expectations for 10.0 in my eyes have dropped massively along with the blizzard staff morale

1 Like

Blade’s Edge Mountains, so I won’t get any visitors.

Yeah, like maybe 10 developer years for all the game design, art, and programming work if you want it to actually be slightly better than garrisons.

Considering how many other things WoW desperately needs that could be implemented with much less effort, player housing is just not going to happen.

Update: actually, I think 10 developer years is much too low an estimate. More like 50.

Not many I expect, no :joy:

1 Like

even blizzard will change when other games will be better then wow… and im sure it will come… “the wow killer gamer” it only needs time give other publsiher 2- 5 years and then such a game will come out. New generations of players will rise with other options they like… and blizzard weill feel the change.

You have a garrison, that is the same as housing. You could ask them to introduce the content they promised for it back before WoD released.

Im curious what game has housing you like?
Is it housing like FFXIV where its limited availability for plots in instanced area. And in times of high demand you have to keep logging in and subbing or you lose your house. Or would a “house” like XI be sufficent where everyone just gets an instanced room you can decorate for yourself.

Or are you thinking more of a system that wildstar had?

1 Like

in everquest 2 you should get trophies of raid kills and display them in your personal house…

and do legendary quest chains to get legendary items which you could wear or display in ur house…

keep in mind that is a game which came out the same year as world of warcraft… with all those mechanics already in place…

yet somehow wow became the leading mmorpg…

it is beyond mind boggling.

I would love proper instanced, non landgrab, customisable player housing.

4 Likes

You know they’d find a way for it to contribute to player power. ‘Nice furnishings +3% crit rating’. Pillows of stamina, Sink of versatility.

The thing is it would have to be more than a one expansion feature.

It would have to be totally powerless too so that those that have no interest in this cosmetic side of things could totally ignore it.

4 Likes

But WHY???

If it’s instanced solo content, why would you want this in WoW? No other player would ever visit your virtual house.

Why would you want the WoW team to allocate dozens of developers/artists for years to work on such a feature would only be a novelty for a few days and then get boring?

1 Like

ff14 do player housing right imo…

it is completely optional.

i played it for years and never owned a house. and i wasent held back in anyway because of it.

Sadly I don’t like the game, even if it has player housing :frowning:

1 Like

shame its a good game with lots to do in it .

everquest2 player housing was a lot better though… but extremely dated now in graphics etc.