We broke the cycle, bois

https://imgur.com/a/YHS28QE

Oh. Wait.

4 Likes

Well… I guess not having a Warchief ever again would kind of break this specific cycle… Except if team blue’s warchiefs count.

We pobably just broke the wrong cycle.

It’s an entirely arbitrary distinction.

What good did the members of this council do when Sylvanas was torching world trees and performing necromancy on Horde troops?
Oh right. Nothing. These are the same cowards who stood by and let the Horde descend into evil and vulgarity. TWICE.

Beat for beat everything is exactly the same.
All of this has happened before and will happen again. Look forward to 2 expansions from now when the Horde blows up Ironforge and Moira is made to look unreasonable for wanting the perpetrators brought to justice.

2 Likes

Not entirely. This system kind of makes it hard for a new dictator to rise up that can’t be fully blamed on the voting council. No more “The spirits told me to do it”, and no more “Eh, I guess his father was cool, let’s just go with it.”.

This system, like any system, is worth as much as the writers willingess to commit to it and its nuances.

See also: The Alliance written as blue Horde. Do I need to remind you that “Eh, I guess his father was cool, let’s just go with it.” is basically Anduins claim to High Kingship?

7 Likes

Except that’s exactly what they said after Garrosh.
“Oh, they’ll hold the Warchief to account from now on, it’ll be impossible for the position to be abused again.”

All it’ll take is another excuse, one of them declaring themselves Warchief or them all just voting to be evil and locking Baine in the bathroom or whatever.

Without fundamental change to the factions, i.e. getting rid of this valueless division this cycle is the same as it’s always been and all their expensive multi-million dollar Saurfang movies amounted to was a bait and switch troll.

1 Like

Well, they had no reason to say it then. I have a reason to say it now: The sytem changed. It’s not one person calling the shots anymore. There is no one who can name a war leader by himself.

Which is again, meaningless.
They are all cowards who will follow a leader, whether it’s official or not.

Regardless, my point is that everything else is following what happened before beat for beat. This “council” is nothing. It’s lipservice. The Alliance is meant to be a democratic council too, but the High King calls all the shots.

1 Like

It’s nothing because you say it’s nothing. Got it, Sylvanas, I’m off to play with my toy soldiers. Don’t take too much salt, even good old NaCl can kill you, if you overdose…

I predicted every single beat in this abortion of a faction war storyline, and I’ll predict that too.
Because I’m clairvoyant? No. Because the writers are stupid, indolent and predictable.

1 Like

how long before the council is undermined by another warmonger ?

the council gives to much military power to Overlord Geya’rah she goes rogue and start burning down alliance cities while the usual orc cheer leader squadron cheers her on then claim they was ashamed this whole time …

then rexxar will come forth and claim the alliance killed to many because one of our foot soldiers killed a chicken

oh and thrall wil come forth and claim the alliance is tormenting the elements because some mages summon water elements to water plants …

the zandalari wants war because they met danath trollbane and didn’t like his last name

the nightborne don’t like jaina because shes clearly the better mage causing friction between the alliance and the horde …

the list goes on

3 Likes

I wish they’d break up both factions and have every race be out for themselves.

I’m sick of being tied to these sinking ships.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.