We Must Restore Civility

Sharding came with a devolved server too; you can’t host big fights any more (anything over 40v40, or even that). Without the Server’s hamster suffering from a heart attack and keeling over.

4 Likes

You are correct. Trade-offs will be trade-offs unfortunately.

I guess we had the short end of the stick since the new mini-servers help the smaller servers connect via sharding.

1 Like

Impressive, but after the PCU’s efforts in this thread, it’s pretty clear your reply is untrue.

I think overall I have won this argument with Punyelf on a grand scale thank you for your support everyone

5 Likes

two of the most active servers in the english speaking demographic?

… I see this an an absolute win

@Apawi: A brief version here…

@Nerathion: Actually, I listed 11, including Argent Dawn.

Can u knight me as MVP? thanks homie :sunglasses::smoking:

1 Like

firstly i’m not quite sure what is “impressive”, i’m sure it’s some manner of sly jab that i’m just not quite catching on to with my peabrain

the fact that you stick by your quite frankly heavy-handed and terribly overdramatic choice of wording is what really concerns me about the community of argent dawn rather than the “pcu” that individuals such as yourself continue to attempt to viciously demonise

1 Like

Honestly, I’m starting to think the MVP program should be removed altogether, none of them actually contribute in a meaningful way that isn’t passive-agressive. A pity.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but this is not something that I have seen the other MVP involved in this thread do. Quite the contrary, actually.

Thank you for your response and help.

1 Like

PCU deserve it, their leader gathered a literal mob to beat someone up IRL (including morsteth), they’ve doxxed people and hacked into their account and made them shill their agenda’s/uv their forum posts. They deserve the hate they get

4 Likes

You listed Silvermoon and Draenor, that to my counting is TWO.

You then said two-way, three-way, and five-way - which I asked you to elaborate on! Do you mean PvE, PvP, and RP-wise, or what are those ways?

Because, pardon me - I only thought of arena settings then (RIP 5man arena!). I am not a native speaker after all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

He means the merged server clusters or w/e they’re officially called.

That’s a sad view to take, and possibly why DB et al died as RP servers. I get that there are customs and thats why I wouldn’t be wrecking any events, though I am not on AG any more.

But generally toxic behaviour begets a toxic reaction and I’d say spitting pile at WPvP is one reason why so few WPvPers are considerate to RP. It’s a cycle.

See, that does sound cool though I am not quite sure about the rules or “techniques” used. My style more is the zero planning type - open faction warfare. You, as Kump, are fighting against the Alliance and react as Kump would react, though in a true War Mode environment, if you get what I mean?

Still, again, no disrupting events. Not that I see many on DB et al, Ragnaros, Outland or even TheShatar! :o

That’s all understandable. It is a case of different customs and that there are not just simple “WPvP Events” like some WPvPers know it as. Its not always a Pitched Battle with just the game mechanics - I vaguely know there can be turns and other factors.

I prefer to fight for fun with someone who wants to fight for fun. Even if I am not RPing but they, Azanathar the Revenant of Teldrassil, are fighting because they hate Trolls of any and all kinds. No griefing - just fun for everyone involved!

Ah, this is something I’ve somewhat not noticed. Though my initial point still stands, the combined clusters of large servers obviously should beat a much smaller (in size) cluster of the roleplaying servers?

Yet, I dare say, the roleplayers are far more active. I’ve heard too many stories of where people come on RP realms and are wildly surprised with how busy and active the server(s) are! And that you do not see it at all in the large server clusters? And yet, it’s two server clusters against one?

This is also included in many of those RP-PvP campaigns! I personally am more fond of those fights anyway, where there are no rules. But numbers are still carefully balanced, otherwise it’ll just be unfair, no? Imagine going to a 3v3 Arena, but instead you have 5 members instead! This is similar to what the guilds from PvP realms did.

2 Likes

Week end, can you please end already.

2 Likes

Really? /gasp

no lmao, those are just some of the crazy rumors they’ve had at them.

4 Likes

I don’t know anything about the population, I imagine Trelw means that his data implies that “activity” on those 2 big servers eclipses all 11 RP servers combined.

What one classifies as “activity” isn’t measurable so you might disagree with his assessment, but numbers-wise he would be correct.

Neither Draenor or Silvermoon are part of any merge since they were so big. Kinda like AD isn’t part of any either.

Indeed so, it wouldn’t be pure PvP, but the base of it is RP. I wouldn’t PvP as if i would fight, but my character fight. He might be brutal, weak, honorable or anything else of his character. :slight_smile:

The plannings are mostly OOC (stands for Out of Character) aka between players, to manage the campaign and ensure it would go well and healthy. :slight_smile:

IC managements would be like how a Commander will take command, manage and order the troops (we players) what to do, when fall back, when form a flank, etc. Basically it’s quite story driven. :slight_smile:
Morsteth himself for example, been both an OOC organizer, and IC (in character) Commander for many fun Campaigns we had, and done much good for our community through them. :slight_smile: