We need an explanation for the Enh nerf

They opened a thread about enhacement nerf in council.

Lets see if we can get some love…

3 Likes

cancel sub

2 Likes

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I actually tested enhancement on the pts, it’s not great to say the least.

Aoe is mostly capped, 70k 4 target cleave is not great anyway, in fact it’s pretty bad, keep in mind that the hard cap starts from 5 targets and above, so this is still within full damage, and it only does 70k.

There are many specs that can do better then that with no hard caps.

St damage is about 33/35k dps, these are not good numbers.

Now you should probably actually test stuff for yourself before asserting factually wrong opinions. If you don’t wanna do that, just be quiet, trust me, you don’t have to comment on things you have no clue about.

Because you were like 30% ahead of the pack? You are still in the top3 DPS, together with WW monk, even after the nerfs.

These assertions are coming straight out of your butt.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Source? Show some data!?

Always these druid gatekeepers telling people how they should feel about their specs.

1 Like

He has no source, he’s just spouting nonsense, in fact if you want any source you could look at log data from the date of the nerf, sure, the sample is too small at the moment, but it’s not completely irrelevant either, if you notice there is a certain trend, but it’s already paining a bad picture.

So he has no data, he’s just talking trash.

Top 3 dps spec, just please, this is the problem with basically everything, we have essentially people who have no idea what they are talking about, opening their mouths, and talking about stuff they barely understand, never researched, and as a result they spout nonsense, because how can you talk about something that you don’t understand?

Or maybe what happened is that he looked at the logs starting from 2 weeks ago or earlier, where enhancement was top 3 to 6, and didn’t notice the massive, really dumb mistake.

Notice how it was not 1st place though regardless, even though it got such a massive nerf, so yea. In short he is talking, and it definitely didn’t perform 25 % better than anyone else.

1 Like

So you accusing me of not having any source, yet you state yourself that current available data logs is way to small to do any conclusions. You kind of contridict yourself here you know? And why you are so offensive and toxic?

There were couple screenshots, were post nerf ench shaman being active 75% of the fight still ends up in top3 in dps meters. When I am home I can post it.

I have beta myself, and I tryed both elemental and ench - I can safely say that the difference between these 2 is massive.

Ench and ww were way to strong and huge outliers, and we all know it. Ench is still top3 dps spec, what else do you want? To be doing 30% more dps than everyone else?

I’ve mained shaman in season4. Get your facts right please.

how about… you were able oneshot on 80%hp explanation? :rofl:
https://imgur.com/v2iDTO6

I don’t give a f*** about pvp.
They should tune the skills exclusively for pvp. Everquest did that years before blizz even thought about releasing WoW.
But i am not willing to sacrifice my PVE performance for PVP.

I’m going to respond to Gageris, Tauren Druid who doesn’t understand what are Enhancement Shamans complaining ABOUT.
I’m going to copy paste some stuff I wrote earlier. I hope this will make the “you deserved a flat 25%” guys go away.

About the argument that Enhancement deserved a nerf for being #3 in dps ranking :
Third place, so not even first place, so not even at the top of Olympus.
Meanwhile Windwalker Monk, ranked #1 : overall -15%.
Affliction Warlock, ranked #2 : no damage reduction at all.
Enhancement Shamans, ranked #3 : -25%
Hence the dps leaderboard argument is not an argument.

I’m tired of repeating the same thing over and over again. May it be the last time.

We are not saying that we don’t deserve a nerf. SOME of our abilites are going through the roof indeed. SOME OTHERS do not.
I don’t see people complain about Stormstrike, Ice strike, Crash lightning, Frost Shock… Yet these abilities are getting affected by a global -25% dmg in the worst way possible.
However, Elemental Blast and our spenders in general are hitting too hard. We know they need to be tunned down. Nobody said otherwise.
Capiche ?

Oh, and also, about people saying that “they don’t care about pvp”, nobody cares that you do not care !

1 Like

WoW developers anthem :rofl:

2 Likes

If you check warcraft logs for this reset, you can see went from top 3 to bottom tier now which shows how out of touch they are with these nerfs.
Ifi PvP is an issue, while clearly there are things like DH soloing a team on solo shuffle that doesn’t even get adressed, then do a pvp modifier for enhance.
Our spenders are supposed to hit hard with the new 10 maelstrom stack talent, but I do agree a nerf was needed but in the realm of 10% probably, not a quarter of your dps gone overnight.

4 Likes

lel you get your data from screenshots and “trust me bro”

he’s probably watched the IzenHart video where he shows a shaman with 75% active time 3rd dps. Which in itself means nothing because the other dps could be just bad players. what matters are statistics overall and enhance was not 25% ahead of others. these guys probably just go on discord and see people post an overall SS without context and be like " oh sh*it enhance op bro "

Yikes lol.
So far from the logs i see shaman near bottom, ran few dungeons and my low ilvl outlaw and DH can do more overall than my shaman. Top 3 spec lul

I don’t know on what kind of copium someone has to be, to expect such an OP spec to go live :slight_smile: Boomies was doing like 60% more dps than others at the start of beta, Blizz nerfed them several tines, so now Blizzard is bad that they nerfed it and put it in the middle of the pack? No, they did what they had to do.

People that do balance tuning surely has access to simulations and they see the numbers. You will still be top3 dps spec, just be glad you are not worst3 like shadow priest or elemental shaman.

P.S I will check who that guy/girl Izen is, since it seems he/she did some good content, if called it aswell.

Have you even heard about warcraft logs? If you check Sepulcher for the last day (post-patch) you’ll get a lesson in math that being on the 23rd place out of 24 dps classes doesn’t equals 30% ahead of the pack, it means you are the 2nd worst dps class in the game…
Forum doesn’t allow links, but just check warcraftlogs > Sepulcer > Statistics > last 1 day

Edit: for the record, I don’t even play with the (supposedly) op Elemental Blast talent, I am using the Doom Winds uncapped aoe build… how is that fair to reduce everything for a broken spell I am not even using.

I’m going to respond to Gageris, Tauren Druid who doesn’t understand what are Enhancement Shamans complaining ABOUT.
I’m going to copy paste some stuff I wrote earlier. I hope this will make the “you deserved a flat 25%” guys go away.

About the argument that Enhancement deserved a nerf for being #3 in dps ranking :
Third place, so not even first place, so not even at the top of Olympus.
Meanwhile Windwalker Monk, ranked #1 : overall -15%.
Affliction Warlock, ranked #2 : no damage reduction at all.
Enhancement Shamans, ranked #3 : -25%
Hence the “dps leaderboard” argument makes no sense.

I’m tired of repeating the same thing over and over again. May it be the last time.

We are not saying that we don’t deserve a nerf. SOME of our abilites are going through the roof indeed. SOME OTHERS do not.
I don’t see people complain about Stormstrike, Ice strike, Crash lightning, Frost Shock… Yet these abilities are getting affected by a global -25% dmg in the worst way possible.
However, Elemental Blast and our spenders in general are hitting too hard. We know they need to be tunned down. Nobody said otherwise.
Capiche ?

2 Likes