We need Crossrealm Arenas!

Bgs are crossrealm, skirmish arenas are crossrealm so I dont see reason why rated arenas shouldn’t be crossrealm aswell

Imagine being stuck on dead server and having none to play with
But its not only problem on dead servers…In fact all other servers except firemaw and gehennas are dead pvp wise even if they are high pop like golemagg with 24k ppl theres none playing arenas (by none I mean good player that is capable to get glad+ rating except few ppl) -pvp ladderboard shows that this is a fact
I know this from my own experience
I’m r1 Thekal 2v2 rn and let’s say I wanna play tier S 3v3 comb
Only tier S comb for me as ret is PHP (mm,disc,ret) other combs that exist like vanguard are like B tier or worse. But there isn’t single good hunter above 1.7k on server(ali side).
Or let’s say I wanna play 2s with more ppl (I’m lucky I found atleast 1 proper 2v2 partner)
What player like me has to do if he wanna play good comb with good players on daily basis? -move to Firemaw where is many ppl playing on good level not on casual level
Every good player I know including me on Thekal said when they open transfers they are moving to Firemaw… even tho Thekal as a server is superior to Firemaw in every other aspect
And It’s same for every other server best horde pvp players moving to Gehennas, best aliance pvp players moving to Firemaw unless they have guild or friends on that server

Every good arena player wants to be on a server with most good arena players that’s why we need crossrealm lfg for arenas… Blizzard need to stop FORCE every good arena player be on same server especially when the server is locked.

19 Likes

Arena participation is on all-time low, yes, but I fear that cross-realm would be only a temporary solution without long-term effect. Arenas need to be more engaging, rewarding and most importantly beginner-friendly. The more players you drive away (regardless of skill level), the more you hurt arenas as content that is entirely dependant on participation. Many high-end players fail to understand this.

2 Likes

and even IF… It would be temporary solution its still a solution unlike you that has no solution
Also I don’t get how it would be only temporary solution pls explain if you claim such thing

Sorry but I don’t get how crossrealm arenas will drive players away or hurt arenas. I really don’t. It can only do the oposite - there will be more ppl playing them because they can find teamates way easier

Many low-rated players fail to understand why we need crossfaction arenas.
They don’t understand it because there’s allways enough casuals… so they can find teamates that play on their level.

I did highlight word “because” because you never use it. You spit some random sentences with no real explanation

2 Likes

Fellow Thekal PvP enjoyer here.

The long-term effect would be that PvP players would be spread more evenly on all the realms, because they wouldn’t be forced to play on their faction respective de-facto PvP realm. This is undoubtedly a good thing.

How would this drive away players? Why would anyone participating right now stop after being allowed to queue with other servers? “Damn, I was having a great time playing with ppl from my own realm, but now that there are many more players that I can queue with (including my current partners), I don’t wanna participate anymore’”.
If you mean that arenas not being beginner-friendly right now is the thing driving away players (as opposed to the proposition of the post), I agree. That should be addressed, for example by lowering the rating requirements for bis PvP items (while maybe adding cosmetics for higher rewards in exchange). However, that is a completely separate discussion from what this post suggests. Both can (and should) be done.

I can see no real downside to allowing cross-realm queues for rated arenas, considering how small the PvP playerbase is. Every week that this doesn’t get implemented, Blizzard is bleeding PvP subs.

3 Likes

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I never said that adding cross-realm arenas is a bad thing or will do any harm. I only implied that even cross-realm grouping would not save actual arena state and constant arena decline will continue. Anyways, I can only agree with you all that no matter how small of a problem lack of grouping options is, if we can solve it without causing any harmful side effects, we definitely should.

I’m afraid you are right, at least for this season. We’ll see what the next season brings, maybe the meta changes for the better and/or blizzard do smth about the gear rating requirements.

Yeah, no harm in this, only positives

2 Likes

Sadly as far as we know, it will probably get even wrose … PvE gear is going through the roof with the ILvL changes, while they “forgot” to up PvP pieces equally, some pvp items are completely untouched …

So next season there will be lot of posts about “we are getting roflstomped by cheese comps with 25ulduar weapons that completely outscale any PvP gear” …

1 Like

Do we have confirmed info already about this? I was hoping that they would also buff PvP items, and they just haven’t mentioned it yet, cause it’s just quite obvious that it needs to happen.

Well so far it looks unfinished, since like offparts, trinkets, or stuff like WG items are either underpowered or at their regular ILvL …

But even then some items were undepowered, like the sets … the only thing that came anywhere close were the 2k+ weapons, that second tier of items …

So PvP players will be forced into PvE even more …

from where u got info of what gonna be buffed and what not
it will be really bad if they dont buff pvp items - basicly another ruby sanctum pvp season and warriors will benefit the most from it

Mostly forums and some other posts … thats why I am saying they “forgot” about this stuff, because I have not been able to fully confirm these changes, and some of it really looks unfinished

Xrealm grouping is not gonna help the fact that you are bad.

But will help to become better faster as u can find teammates faster and play more instead of looking for people to play with.

2 Likes

But it will help people who are decent but can’t find a partner on their PvE realm.

2 Likes

It will make ppl become impatient and leave their partner after 1 loss. Thats already a problem with the lack of arena teams, dont make it worse.

Seems like you have no clue how looking for arenamates outside of firemaw/gehennas looks like.

3 Likes

or you just want to get carried, don’t you?

2 Likes

BUMP.
This is something that clearly needs to be addressed.

2 Likes

no - it doesn’t - it is simply something you would like - many folk would disagree.

As a forum member I would say that Blizzard understand that the sentiment in Classic is not to degrade direct player interactions - community activity - with Cross Realm anonymity.

You have Cross Real in BGs - be satisfied