We need Druids Bears improvements!

Hello!

Short time ago i have created topic about druid taks problems.

And now when i have expiriense with tanking Karazhan and Gruul as MT i want to ask Blizzard to make major changes for druid tanks.

Its not trolling its cry from the heart.

1. We need more threar on Swipe ability!
    Impossible to tank more than 3 mobs at the same time. Druid have 10s cd on taunt and 5s cd on Mangle. Target-switching making my hurts my wrists after 3-4 dungeons. For real. Almost all dungeons have packs with 4+ mobs and when paladins need only Concecration druids must play piano.

2. We need more threat or more AP decresement on Demo Roar!
    Even with talants this spell are so useless. It deal like 0 threat and decrese damage from attack like on 10-15 when mobs attacking you for 1500-2500. Useless spell which can only clear 1 slot on hotbars.

3. We need barskin in bear form!
    For now druids have 0 def abilityes in druid form. Regen didnt stack with any source like agi/ap/spd and heal only for 2500 over 10s using all rage. Btw i have 16k hp in raid and bosses attacks me for 2500+ damage every second. This spell are useless. And when i need to survive some massive damage i cant even use Barskin cuz it shapeshift me into tauren. Rly? Warriors have shield wall, shield block, last stand and spell reflect. Druids have nothing.

4. We need less cap for expertise!
    Taking cap of expertise are impossible for druid. And even if you take cap of hit (which impossible to) bosses will continue block/dodge/parri your attacks. Some times it makes huge problems when you losing your threat cuz of boss avoid 5 hits in a row.

Blizzard please do something with druid tanks.

2 Likes

It will get better once you get more gear.
Druids are the tank that scales the best with gear in TBC , by far.
Sure, you will not be able to AoE tank like a pala (none can).
Bit your threat and avoidance will be off the charts.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

I doubt blizz change anything.

To be honest, druid tanks have pros and cons. Personally I would change nothing, because I believe druid tanks are in a very, very good spot.

1. Thats the gameplay, swipe and than lacerate every single target.
  2. I have not think about Demo roar, I just use it as a must.
  3. Druids do not have any defensive abilities beside trinkets, you can time barkskin inbetween hits, but thats a very hard to manage :slight_smile: On the other hand, druids are sponge tanks, 16k hp says it all, thats druids defensive :confused:
  4. It comes with equip.

Give it a time and gear, it will get better, but you can not expect to be a pally when it comes to AoE tanking. On the other hand, you can do good dps while in tanking spec + LotP makes you desirable for 3x hunter 1x shammy 1x feral group :slight_smile: Pally and warrior tank cant even compare, here, with druids :slight_smile:

Please, do not take this wrong or offensive, but I have to ask. Is this your first time TBC druid gameplay ?

2 Likes

I need 1.5 secs for use Swipe and 1.5 more for use Lac. How much time do i need to DoT 6 targets? Like 18 sec. Ok. While i doing this i got healing from healer and u know what? Healers need less than 18 secs to heal tank and rip off aggro from him. Stupid answer.

It does nothing.

Ofc when mob/boss have 1-less seconds attack speed you just will die from him while you are waiting for global CD. Another stupid answer.

If you have pleyed druid more than 1 day you must know that you gear armor and stamina and loosing hit/def or you gear with hit/def and lose armor and stamina.

Please just stop looking around trough pink glasses. Druids have huje problems and all know about it.

Well, I was trying to explain you, how druids work. Now I give up :slight_smile:
I can just add, that druid is not class for you, I would recommend Paladin tank.
Cheers mate.

bear druid is not that bad in this phase i would say. i was the OT yesterday on Gruul and i needed to stop pressing my buttons to not over threat on the warrior tank. i do have Kiss and DFT of classic though so this might not be compareable to bears who started playing in tbc.

Also feral druids are best to have as a situational tank since we have the best dps (in cat form) compared to the other tanks in their tank specs.

I would like to see Frenzied regeneration scale with maxhp though. such a waste of a skill atm.
same with Tiger’s fury. it should scale with AP or strength.
Make barskin not cost a GCD and we can powershift it. would be nice.

But i dont think we have a threat issue atm.

1 Like

druids is the ideal off tank given that they can swap into cat form and function as a dps aswell.

no other tank can do that.

Druid tanks have the best single Target threat in game atm.

Well if you yet struggle to get aggro on more than 3 mobs - cc extras.

Not when everything parries, dodges and blocks your attacks.

Last Kara run i could not even tank the mobs before Opera because they just did what i mentioned over and over, the only hits that actually did something was autoattack.

Druids don’t need buffs. This is TBC, only Paladin tanks can AOE tank and that’s that. Druids don’t have big cooldowns like Warriors but they are still incredibly tanky and do very good single target threat/damage, which really comes into play in later phases.

Druid tanks are completely fine.

I think druids are fine. Even though I’d be happy if Barskin would be usable in bear/catform, this is an intended design and they’ve changed it later in the game.

Also don’t forget tanking was always a challenge in Classic/TBC. Actually druid has very nice TPS and as said before, it scales nicely with gear. Tanking more mobs at once - I use swipe as initial ability but then you just have to switch targets, depending on the rage I spam maul/swipe with every target switch and put Mangle on every new target. Then I watch threat and adjust it accordingly. It is RNG obviously and gets better with gear in the future. Also guys in the raid must watch threat.

That is what I’ve noticed… in Classic watching threat was a big must but I feel like ppl already forget it and spam abilities ASAP here.

yo, this change could be lit

Git gud. Look at the fastest clears and you see all use feral for their tps.

As a healer I’ve been very pleased with druid tanks so far. I’ve been playing with them in both heroics and karazhan + gruul, and they perform well.

It’s true they can only hold threat on so many targets at once but that’s why you bring CC in dungeons and have a second tank in raids.

Yes they are very gear dependant but any tank is imo. I’ve had tanks that took as much damage as the dps and I’ve had tanks that I could just hot up and leave alone.

But I heard druids are exelent tanks in tbc and they finnaly shine?
So it was lie?

Lol noone just undestand the issues.

I dint want tank like paladin.
I just asking for more thteat on single AOE ability and even 1 def skill in bear form. Thats all.

You can’t do nothing in situations when other tank or one of healers dead. You just have no impact. But healers can die cuz of small AOE tps.
Druids can’t survive huge damage in extremal situations but warriors and paladins can. In this situations all arguments about tps and dsp becomes trash.

Well, I dont wanna be rude, we all tried to explain the position of druid tank in TBC to you. But in the end, the only one who does not understand the issue is you. Sorry mate.

1 Like

“i” need Druids Bears improvements!

There I fixed the title for you.

1 Like

Ok lets explain some situations that happened to me yesterday.

1. With my guild we have come to the Gruul’s Lair.
    Main tank was Warrior and i was OT.
    Sadly our DD deal less than 800 dps thats why Gruul got 14+ stacks of enrage.
    On 14+ buffs he start dealing like 5-7k damage to the MT and 12+k damage to me.
    Cuz of long battle our healers went down with mana and lost our MT.
    I started to keep aggro on Gruul and you know what?
    I have died because i cant decrese damage taken from him. I can’t use Barskin because every single hit outside bear form will kill me. I can’t use Regen because it will heal me only for 2.5k over 10s (just remind that i taking 5k+ dmg every second). And i have no powerfull trinkets like trinket from Karazhan with dodge.
    So what can i do in this case? Right answer is: just stay and look how i die because healers just have no mana to heal me.

2. We want to the Black Morass Heroic yesterday.
    On every single portal Portal Keepers summon adds that must be tanked.
    I just can’t keep aggro on them because of low TPS on Swipe/DemoRoar and after few seconds on me they just switch to the healer and prevent him from healing.
    Or they start to hit DD’s and if they are casters adds prevent him from dealing damage.

3. Shattered Halls Heroic.
    Group Setup: me, Priest healer, Fire Mage, Shaman, Hunter.
    We have only 1 cc in party.
    As you know (i hope) there are alot of packs in SH with 5+ elite adds.
    We can CC only 1 of them.
    What can i do with 4-5 other adds while we killing them? Every single Greater Healign makes me lose aggro on mob and after this they run to kill healer.

Plese just stop being in your own perfect world where druids are ultimate tanks. They have alot of problems which must be solved but all of you didn’t seen them.