We were promised Horde Vs Alliance expansion

Not this MOP bulls. And no, having Sylvanas getting killed at the end of expansion does not make it ‘different’.

4 Likes

I agree lol in my mind I thought BFA was gonna focus on PvP and offer more in that field. I remember when pve’ers were worried about BFA being pvp focused.

look at it, horde vs alliance, but in cutscenes and quests texts.

pve side is even worst with the horde being all divided. feels like bfa is about the horde trying to take back what sylvanas took from them.

5 Likes

My predictions:
We fight sylvanus realise the true enemy is Nzoth. She sacrifices herself for the horde and Azeroth. Becomes a hero.

7 Likes

Probably.
It’s the Starcraft 2 storyline over again. Go from hero, turn into monster turn into anti-hero, turn back into actual hero.
I’m willing to bet on this too.

3 Likes

illidan already done that plot didn’t he?

8 Likes

Sorry, m8 can’t do. Proper Horde vs Alliance expansion would end in a week with all Horde cities destroyed and population wiped.
While I would love to see this, I doubt you will share my optimism.
So in order to make OUTCOME OF THINGS EQUAL they have to make most Alliance iconic characters neutral, their leaders incompetent and racials and technology hindered. In the end Alliance would lose. As always. Can’t have them white people to win.
And I doubt they will kill strong independent necroelven womyn in the end of the expansion. So relax. It’s not going to be like MoP.

7 Likes

Just imagine you’re playing a faction that’s so boring that Blizzard has to make another Horde vs Horde expansion.

It would have been no problem to let the dwarves, NEs, Worgen, and Velves go with full force against the Horde that would also lead to an inner conflict in the Alliance.
But sure, it’s easier to just make a chara evil and ignore previous lore.

7 Likes

Yet they had ample opportunity to create equal conflict within the Alliance. They could have had Tyrande/Malfurion/Greymane rebel against their causes being neglected etc. We’ve seen very little of that. It’s just been them fighting back in Darkshore and that’s it.

13 Likes

That is not a bad idea actually because that would equalize things because horde have Saurfang and thrall on alliance we would have greymane and Tyrande rebeling against anduin and his neglectfulness of his allies needs.I could see at least 3 patches from just that.Then somehow in the middle Anduin an Sylvanas would meet halfway and drama would insue from that kind of GOT scenario I have in my head probably bad idea to some but that’s all I have for now through your idea.

You can’t blame the Horde that Blizz gave the superior stuff to the alliance and need to avoid it to make a “faction war” even possible.

1 Like

The Horde vs Alliance expansion was during the pre quests before BFA launched, as the story has progressed, the writers have veered off that and made it more of horde group #1 vs horde group #2 and horde group #1 vs all of the alliance.

Now toss in old Gods and Ashzara now we are back to the real Battle for Azeroth as it appears our entire planet is at risk as all of that azerite we have been mining has not been good for the planet and is a trap.

I do wish that we had some type of alliance internal struggle there has to be people on the alliance side who are war weary and tired of fighting. We saw a hint of this when we had that one shadowbringer about Saurfang when Anduin and Genn are assessing the alliance casualties and Genn says they will have to call up farmers next. A good old fashioned Defias type of rebellion would be a good questline here.

As for Sylvannas getting killed, I doubt she will, I think she will pull a Voldemort and split her soul or what is left of it and place it in X’alath, to ensure that she somewhat lives forever.

Or maybe we find out this current Sylvannas is not the Sylvannas we know and is actually held captive somewhere and is impressed in X’alath.

1 Like

Sylvanas will not die in the end of the expansion.
Atleast, we will not fight her

I think this is the issue. Alliance is just too boring. Not much you can do for them. Too boring faction.

I will be extremely disappointed if they actually end up doing the same crap twice.

Garrosh was awesome in cataclysm. The warchief we needed who would take no crap from the alliance, having a warrior’s honour and charging into battle head first. Inspirational to any culture like the Horde’s.

MoP starts aaaaand he’s evil and racist now because plot. And of course the Dragonmaw Clan has to go down with him, because loyalty is not rewarded in the Horde anymore, we’re only good at rebelling now.

At least Sylvanas hasn’t shown signs of racism yet. I guess that makes her different in Blizzard’s eyes.

3 Likes

It was one of the reasons why I even bothered playing BFA, but when whole faction forgets one of their capitals got nuked week after it happened … well its just meh …

And yeah Sylvanus will definitely become the saviour, with all that talk about her fear of afterlife, holy undeads and void being useful she will become second illidan, Id even bet few golds she will be finishing either nzoth or some void jerks in the future expansions …

There is gonna be a…

THIRD FACTION

Dun Dun Duuuuun!

Probably not, but it would be one of the ways to avoid the repetitveness we are seeing now.

3 Likes

They lied.

PvP in WoW is and has always been a niche side activity.
So, of course it’s not going to be the main focus of an expansion.

All the war is, is a reason for the next big bad to appear. In fact, I think it might be the reason for 2 big bads to appear; N’zoth first and then it will lead into the ‘Reign of the Lich Queen’ expansion (I was thinking Rise of the Lich Queen, but I think the ‘rise’ part is not going to happen with 8.2 already using it). :relaxed:

That’s what I’m really sad about, even now I can definitely see that most likely all the best lore will just be Horde side, I was hoping to see some good things on Alliance too but I’m afraid it just won’t happen. I was sure there would’ve been some kind of internal conflict with nelves but… It’s over. Really. That’s it.

shrugs

Guess I’ll just go back playing Horde, even if I have less characters there and I hate Zuldazar

1 Like

But thats the problem with Alliance as a faction. Even if some of ur leaders like Genn went full warmode (which makes perfect sense by the way) you people would still brand it “Justice” and we have every reason to murder Horde and “Vengeance for Gilneas” so again there would be no inner conflict since you hide yourself behind this righteousness mask.

The Alliance needs serious conflicts to be as interesting. Genn went rogue before on Stormheim attacking Sylvannas and not following Anduins orders, and what happened? Nothing

Check what happens on the Horde when Saurfang didnt follow orders…

1 Like