Weapon Expertise 2/2 or Aggression 2/3 for Human Rogue?

I’ve been working on a new build for my Human Combat Swords Rogue and I have one point left to spend.

What would be the biggest DPS increase, 2/2 Weapon Expertise (310 weapon skill) and 1/3 Aggression (2%+ SS & Evis) or 1/2 Weapon Expertise (308 weapon skill) and 2/3 Aggression (4%+ SS & Evis)?

I suspect it depends mainly on your total hit bonus, as weapon skill moves hit caps around. If you can’t find a DPS spreadsheet you can check your damage meter results after a few boss fights and make an educated guess based on how much of your damage comes from SS/Eviscerate, and how much you lose from missed autoattacks (since that’s most likely what weapon skill will change; you can ignore autoattack poison damage as it’s a small fraction).

Beware this is not an exact science as it depends on the fight. At Firemaw or Vael for example special attacks will have a bigger impact than in mostly stationary fights like Ebonroc.

Either way the difference should be minimal.

Why not both? I thought 19/32/0 was the go to for combat swords.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.