Weekly affixes 19th August--

These weekly affixes (Fortified, Teeming, Quaking) synergise so strongly that running keys as low as 11 is impossible.

I completed Tol Dagor 11 with a group way overgeared, healer 478ilvl 3000raider io, tank 470ilvl, dps 466 min. We couldnt finish in time. The damage from trash exceeded even this vastly overgeared healer’s abilities. The HP of the mobs were too high to cut down quickly enough.
It almost feels like the instance was bugged. Our group searched forums to find others with similar issues, hence the creation of this post.

This was the same for Junkyard, WM and others. Ive tried almost 6 +11 runs today with only 1 completed (just) in time.

This is for 460ilvl loot. Bare in mind 8.3 is almost over and people want to push to reach the highest gear before prepatch.

I don’t want this post to be a complaint but rather questions to highlight, are the affixes too overpowered? Is there a tweaking of mob stats that the devs overlooked and need to fix?

1 Like

Hmmm, i dont find this week too hard tbh. It must’ve been something else that went wrong? Missing interrupts? Ppl stacking on quaking? dps too low?

Some weeks are really bad, and teeming with fortified can be a bit meh, but far from impossible.

You’ve tried high keys today? The healer I mentioned didn’t believe these affixes would be hard, I explained how many groups have had problems so far. He was very suprised at how difficult it was.

Of course quaking in TD is much harder than other dungeons, but our tank had scrolls of unlocking so we ran through many shortcuts still to no avail.
Maybe DPS was an issue but I hesistate to believe that considering our ilvl!
The past 3 weekly affixes haven’t been half as difficult.

1 Like

yes, i did a 20 workshop and a 20 tol dagor earlier today, didnt really have any big issues at all.

1 Like

I did a 15 tol dagor earlier helping someone get their +15 achievement.

A 20k raider io player won’t carry that place if you fail at the basics (not interrupting enough salt blasts for example) But if you’re struggling on 11’s with that kind of gear I can assure you its not the instance, its you not stunning / kicking / controlling mobs well.

1 Like

The watery domes were interrupted, mobs were kited and interrupted as they should have, this was not a noob run.
Remember, the issue wasn’t with just one run. This was by far the best prepared and we still couldn’t finish in time.

I will continue to run more and work out where the problem lies, it’s very possible DPS was too low as people are, maybe wrongfully, specced for single-target when AoE cleave is likely more optimal this week.

Did u have alot of deaths? Or just not able to go through fast enough?

If you struggle that badly in a +11 whilst having the entire group geared like you say then it is for sure not an affix problem causing the depletes.

The only thing that would make this anything other than an L2P issue is if you somehow put together the worst possible group setup for the runs with people playing bottom tier specs and classes. If not, just get better at the game and you’ll time keys At much higher levels with limited effort.

Not even then lmao. Specs don’t really matter until you hit +18s. With that ilvl in +11, it’s people just legit not playing properly (whether it’s the affixes or their spec). You could let interrupt zero times and it should be absolutely no problem because even on fortified, abilities just straight up don’t hurt till much higher keys.

Ehhh, did TD17 with a 450 disc priest, a dps main as tank who didnt know what his active mitigation was … this is one of the easier weeks you know

Both, after just running KR 11 in time the issue with TD was both the affixes exaggerating the hardest factors of TD and lack of high enough DPS.

Other runs the comp was just not good, full melee DPS ain’t gona work this week!

It will if people can be bothered to stop going “Muh dps” for a split second and spread. Never had problems on Quaking as a full melee group, including a melee healer.

A full melee group is usually much more chill than having only ranged for Quaking since melee don’t suffer from having to stop spellcasting.

In every situation and affix just stack hunters.

2 Likes

Perhaps this “overgeared” healer needs to do better, not to sound rude.
But this week isn’t really that bad after the quaking changes. Fort+Teem can definitely hurt, but if you’re having problems in a +11, blaming the affixes is just a lame excuse.

I dont think the healer is to blame here, i checked rio for that run and a 3k pally healer should have no issues in an 11 TD. Unless the dps fails at mechanics and stands in stupid and is too slow to kill stuff or tank overpulls. I’ve been there myself, finding lower keys harder to heal then +18 cause ppl dont use their interrupts/stuns and just eat all damage.

1 Like

spent 2 hours in a 16 KR with 96 deaths ofc some where undergeared but Zul hits crazy now but we finished it :smiley:

I did check Details after the fights and found the interrupts lacking by most of the team, when will people start tracking their teammates interrupt CDs?!

Group finder sucks 7 times out of 10.

While I did have 3 groups who managed to fail a siege of borealis.

I got a decent group for a +12 and we easily did it, I think likely your problem is group finder, I will say it now I’ve seen 460+ BM hunters doing less then 20k dps.

You can get anything from the absolute worst to the absolute best in group finder you just gotta test your luck :rofl::rofl:

I think this is the issue and not the affixes. Yes fortified teeming can be a bit meh, and quaking in TD can also be a pain sometimes, but it really isnt a horrible week.

My tip is to add the good players u find along the way to your friendslist, maybe you can completely avoid the puglife in the end.

1 Like