WG changes counterproductive and confusing (and bugged ofc)

With the spaghetti code you have inserted into WG to make it as you call it an “epic battleground” you have completely ruined it instead.
I have a horde character on Firemaw which is 99.9% alliance and regardless of me winning WG or not, I just don’t get the buff or the WG NPC’s.

No problem, the NPC’s spawn in your little camp to the side of the zone if you don’t control WG right? Wrong. These camps are empty. So the fortress has alliance NPC’s 24/7 and our little camp only has a flight master.
How does the 0.1% faction do VoA or WG quests?

" In Wrath of the Lich King Classic, this works in a fairly simple way, if anyone on your faction participates in and wins a Battle for Wintergrasp, your entire faction is granted the Essence of Wintergrasp and the buff will last until the next time the battle is initiated."

First of all, if both factions have atleast 1 person winning WG, both factions would have the buff & friendly WG NPC’s which doesn’t make sense and would be impossible.
And second of all, this is clearly missing information, misinformation, or bugged, because even on the 99.9% side I still have problems with the WG buff & NPC’s but a simple relog there usually fixes it.

Is it whichever faction has the most victories gets the buff & the NPC’s? It’s just very confusing, very buggy, and VERY laggy. And their changes did nothing to help the smaller faction, all it did was basically removing WG quests together with VoA which otherwise would have already never been available, but atleast quest NPC’s were.

This has been known and a problem since day 1 ofc it just now bothers me more since I decided to play a horde on this server.

1 Like

I was about to make the same post but as an alliance in Gehennas. We are 99.99% horde server with like 6-10 lvl 80s at peak.

But one problem is VoA. Even if we win a WG the buff is often instantly removed after the game, never to be found again. Timing a miraculous WG buff and enough to raid just doesn’t happen Hehe…

It would be very helpful if this strange implementation of who gets the Wintergrasp buff is fixed. I chose this server for my only character, but the more we can actually be part of the better.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.