What are people's opinion on Arms?

Eversince they gave rogues Enraged Regeneration in a bottle with half the CD Arms became literally … dead spec. See what i did there? :smiley:

I think arms has really good damage but the class has no tools against rdru+mage+x teams so its pretty much an auto lose against that teams.Also considering every other class having self heals put arms warrior in a less favored spot

Isn’t Arms’ damage DoT nowadays? Isn’t that super easy to outheal?

I did play a warrior in vanilla. The stances, while cool and different were clunky to use, and situational. The default “damage stance” in pvp was beserker stance so you could pummel and whirlwind. You start in battle, and change to zerker mid charge. You’d stay in Battlestance vs Rogues for overpower. It added a tactical aspect. When they removed stances i feel like Arms began to play more like a Ret Paladin which i didnt like.

Unprune arms warriors.
The spec doesn’t feel fun like before or like anything.
You just charge colossus smash mortal strike and pop retaliation and die becouse your deffensives are pruned.
Wheres the shield wall , wheres the enraged regen , wheres the second wind ( upon root , freeze or stun ) , wheres the blood craze , wheres the shield block , wheres the demoralizing shout , wheres the thunder clap.
I don’t want to keep going with “wheres the” becouse I get tired and bored seeing how screwed and pruned the spec is.

That would be a cool movement name to start - Unprune Arms Warriors!
Blizz won’t listen ofc, but still it does sound about right :smiley:
FFS, I sound like some activist fighting for human rights instead of a guy who just wants to enjoy a video game …

:wheelchair::point_left:

1 Like

I think they’re just in a bad spot because abilities that only arms had are now available to other classes, while arms didn’t get anything in return.

On top of that, in current meta, sharpen blade isn’t really that great, since nothing dies until 40-70% dampening. Their dmg is fine, it’s mobility, susceptibility to being killed and poor support vs wizards that are the issues.

Most importantly, it lacks self sustain ore some significant dmg mitigation mechanics (or - more accurately - other classes have way too much self-sustain / cheat death mechanics). This makes comps available to arms dramatically limited. You can play with DK and maybe WW and that’s pretty much it.

Arms has horrible design since MoP. They need rage generation and spending rework that’s first. Rend needs to be baseline as it’s an iconic Arms ability. They need Intervene back and their Spell Reflect reworked. If grounding can be killed Spell Reflect should reflect 1 or 2 spells so you’d be able to counter it somehow. It’s just Cloak of shadow on 30 sec for every single target spell.

every class has some selfhealing or escape ability.we dont
everyone targets warrior in arena cause its the most kiteable class,its squishy and cant escape
20% dammage reduction means nothing by itself,especially with the amount of burst that some classes have and on top of that we get a 20% dammage reduction penalty.thats also something teams abuse,which also shows how bad the warrior class design is

at some point when youre above 90% you wanna go in battle stance.all it takes is one cc in the healer and one stun in the warrior.dead

also if you try arms youll notice many fun things like sitting there waiting for your rage to regenarate for like 2-3 seconds,or that especially when you play against caster cleaves you have nothing defensive to push except spell reflect and that you have to save leap,which makes your “mobility” even more of a joke

dammage is good.the class design is the worst since the mortal strike/whirlwind wod design.even then we had more defensives though

1 Like

But damage is not even really good.
A big portion of it is non-important for a spec like this, non-pressuring - a dot.
Arms has a lot of downtime and when it connects, instead of “BOOM, got ya!” you get…“Now…now…coming…OK, just a bit more…well…meh…actually that was it…sorry”.
Standing there like a spent…while your target kites you again on full HP while yours drops inevitably.

1 Like

As you all said, we lack huge with mobility and survivability.
Its kinda annoying when you finally get someone under 50% and they are kiting you so hardly.
Although we cant live any long alone, so its pretty bad when your heal is going for a drink.
Just give us anything, may it be command shout/harmstring off the GCD.
Rend baseline would be appreciated a lot.

Rend baseline for what? What will go in it’s place?
The whole idea of dots for arms doing a big portion of the damage is part of the core problems. Dots are not damage that fits well with arms for anything but keeping the target in fight when no uptime and adding some flavor. Or they have to make them absurd like before the nerf, which is bad as well.
The real damage for arms should come from MS, CS, Execute and 2 of those hit like…meh.
Also arms needs a baseline stun, no healing, all pure dps having healing is one of the problems that messed up this game. No pure dps should have self healing.

I think it should at least have some healing. In a world where rogues have enraged regen in a bottle, and hunters being able to lift their hand to instantly gain the same effect, the least that can be done is to give us a minor regen passive.
Battle Trance from fury could be something.

Just give us back charge stun off dr, even if to get it you have to talent into double charge.
Gg warrior fixed just by changing 1 single talent

Oh yeah? Where are the stances? The differences in rage generation between the stances? Lots of things got pruned and simplified.

Arms is a damage bot that doesn’t offer anything really besides damage and healing reduction.

Current Arms warrior guide is:

Reroll WW Monk - it can do everything that arms can but better (only healing reduction is lower).

1 Like

Ofc i’d like to see warrior unpruned and a come back of stance dancing (not this s***t with def stance), intercept and intervene (instead of leap), even the old taste of blood linked to rend ticks ecc ecc
But be realistic, it won’t happen, but an off dr stun on charge would be a breeze giving to warrior a good chunck of disrupting power which atm we don’t have and we need since the niche of warrior his is unrivalled pressure in dampening…disrupt lead to dampening, it’s silly asking for all the previous toolkit but at least the power to stop more things would be a breeze

1 Like

Compare monks to warrior is like comparing oranges and apples. Warriors become stronger with dampening and apply constant pressure. Wws are totally the opposite, they are on timer and rely all on their bursts windows

Uhm… Why? Seems like a very defeatist attitude. :confused: