What are people's opinion on Arms?

Warrior needs Intervene back 100% sure and some changes to rage generation. It’s sick that you generate 40 rage with meele swing to use some abilities and then you wait for another one to hit again. MS should generate rage like in MoP. Harmstring should be rage free. Overpower procs should be free as well. They should rescale damage abilities then and make Arms more fluent/smooth in it’s playstyle.

And one more thing make Rend baseline…

Monks have almost the same toolkit and are played in the same comp. TSG - TWD. Thundercleave - WW/Ele/R Druid etc. Everything that works with Arms works with WW as well. Most of WW players have Arms alt (Chunli/Sethcurry/Trill) and every Warrior has WW Alt (Blizo/Joefernandes). I talked to one Arms Warrior rank 1 player from MoP and he said that he plays WW as it’s the closest class to old Warrior. It’s more squishy but more mobile. It has less constant pressure but more burst but overall the playstyle is quite similar.

Was he talking about monk in MoP or monk as it is now? Anyways, it most likely referred to the damage of RSK, and if it was the MoP monk then also the execute with ToD.

Other than that, it’s not more similar to old warrior gameplay than other melees are. So dunno wth he was on about.

He was talking about Monk now. It’s the closest spec to old warrior - RSK is like Mortal Strike for example. Disable is like old Harmstring Root from Cata. You use Leg Sweep in quite similar fashion as you tend to use IS. Ofc Chi and Energy isn’t 1-1 rage but back then Warrior was more smooth in it’s way of dealing damage.

It’s not that you level up WW and suddenly you know how to play it if you played arms back then but it’s spec that is the most similar in your role and somehow playstyle so it’s easier for Arms players to be good at it than playing DK for example.

I’ve noticed that Enh shaman players have the same thing with DKs and Rets.

Cata warr is not a representative of old warr gameplay. By that time they had already begun with the passive invasion and ability replacement of pruning the talent template. In cata it was still the original, but with much fewer points and you didn’t have the option to place points in other trees.

Dunno what IS is supposed to mean.

maybe some spells works in similar way but monks and warriors are nothing similar.

Try to heal or be the other dps and you will see how deep is the difference between ww and arms.

Not arguing ww is better, ww is miles better a warrior but the playstyle of the comp is deeply different.

TWD are on timer
TSG is more disrupting oriented

Thunder is a deep dampening based comp
Ww ele healer is based on short cc and fast instant damage to 100-0

I heal both of these specs as guess what - my colleague plays both and I know that Monk is way more squishy against physical damage.

Monk changed in BfA if we’d talk about Legion I’d agree but TWD isn’t on timer anymore and WW/Ele isn’t based only on burst as WW sustain is way better than it was in Legion. The difference between Arms and WW sustain and burst is way smaller than it was in Legion mate.

It’s small becouse arms sustain sucks and this brings us to the core of the topic.

Arms has his niche but doesn’t have the tools to focus on it unless you pari it with classes that allow arms to reach 25-30% + dampening without stressing healer’s mana, able to self sustain and able to help disrupting goes and even sustain pressure…
Guess what, you have to build a comp focusing on warriors and there are no classes who allows warrior to shine

Anyway i don’t get your point, wws is better, i’m not dening it. I’m just saying that wws and arms works differently.

Ww is burstly and squishy, even now. And sustain sucks compared to an assa rogue, dk or even a dh which are more sustained oriented classes

Arms is resilient, with slow and constant pressure and heavy disrupt capability, now look at the definition i gave you and tell me if atm warrior can be defined like this.

So stop compare to wws, we don’t need to become the next ww, we need the tools to do this:

Charge stun
Buff to our pressure (maybe incresing the proc rate of slam?)
Disarm Baseline?
Intervene?
Intercept?
Old taste of blood with rend baseline?
Ecc

Not all maybe but some things would be a good start

I don’t say arms needs to become new WW. I said that in the current meta the best way for arms is to reroll WW as it’s the closest spec to Arms. You can play with exactly same partners and enjoy the game while getting frustrated as arms warrior that is underperforming.

1 Like

I played warrior in vanilla and i farmed rank 14 and i call you out on bs :smiley:

you either played super casual or didn’t play warrior in classic or tbc or wrath, you sound like a nost or private server player that watches many streams or reads old guides - no wonder u dislike stance dancing. i really miss it

1 Like

Thinking you’d stay in one stance in Vanilla :thinking::thinking:

You had to go Defensive Stance to Disarm, to use Shield Wall, to use Shield Block

You had to go Berserker Stance to use Berserker Rage, to use Pummel, to use Intercept

Think Stances were my most pressed keybind in Vanilla

3 Likes

Arms warrior got pruned.
Uninstall or change class.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.