What are we now ?

I have been thinking since BFA release. Back in time we became commander of operations in Draenor of our faction. Which seems this position was second in command after faction leader. Then as the most powerful and respected of our classes became order hall leader. In short, we had name in Azeroth. We were respected, powerful and definitely in charge. With BFA became nameless nomad once more. Typical errand boy, just regular warrior. It does not make any sense why we deranked from commander to just another errand boy. I really don’t like it. What’s the point of it. Instead of getting rank. We have been neutralized by Blizzard story writer. This way of WoW always sucked. Seemed lack of story telling to me.

When look other MMO’s like Guild Wars, SWTOR. When you have rank even other NPC’s recognizing you with it. You can really get yourself into lore. You have name, you have space for your character in story.

I really don’t like to be nothing. Champion is not rank. I really hate that title. Please give us equitable position in our faction. At least we deserved it after all events.

Alliance: Incapable Heroes of Justice.
Horde: Sylvanas’ lackey.

There.

10 Likes

Except that it makes sense.

The Kul Tirans have isolated themselves from the rest of the world for a decade, believing that the Alliance had backstabbed Daelin Proudmoore (in reality, the Alliance was in no position to launch an expedition against the orcs). As a result, why should the Kul Tirans treat you with respect and praise? You are just an outsider, a mainlander, a traitor. You follow the “witch” who left the beloved Lord Admiral to die. Of course you are going to be thrown into jail without second thought.

1 Like

But generally we are nothing not talking for specific zone. When you go Stormwind or Orgrimmar. You are being treated like a normal person.

i can tell you what we all are. this universe biggest moron

I’d be fine with mercenary title, I wouldn’t be offended if I was even called grunt lol. Champion title is overdone.

4 Likes

As Horde you would be one of Sylvanas’s most trusted and reliable, at least until you reach a certain point and make the wrong choice, in which casse she is very doubtful.

Other than that you are co-leading the Horde War Campaign, with Nathanos and are de Speaker of da Horde

1 Like

Don’t know what alliance characters are, but we on team red are speaker of the horde for the zandalari, second in command of the war campaign, champions, heros of Zuldazar who defended the city against the alliance invasion and the banes of g’huun. Sounds fitting. Next step would be becoming warchief.

Probably mirroring the Horde, for the most part.
Trusted by Anduin
Aliance Ambassador
Coleading with Wyrmbane or what’s his face

Alliance are what they were before.

Hordes are dirt.

Probably in entire faction our characters deserve to be Warchief!

1 Like

You’re breaking my heart.

I just wanna seem tough to my fellow alliance…

(you are a good troll <3)

I’m as I’ve always been. A lone gnome, in the quest against Horde tyranny.

I’m the hero Azeroth needs, whether it deserves me or not.

I won’t let Blizzard’s lore define who I am, because that’s not who I am.

I’ve played this game for most of my life. There’s been times, dark times, but there’s light somewhere at the end of the tunnel.

A tunnel spattered in Horde blood.

We are the best option because nothing beats our plot armor.

As a genuine answer. Progression is not always an upwards thing. Know what they/we did to Winston Churchill? After he inspired a victory in WWII? Got rid of him. Know what they/we did to Hugh Dowding, the Commander of the RAF during the Battle of Britain, the very -month- after that battle was over, and the country saved? Got rid of him.

Why should ‘The Hero’ be any different? They were the right person in the right place at the right time to have done their Faction proud, and by their efforts saved it. The Warchief/High King probably thinks of them very highly, but the thing with War Heroes is…well…They need Wars. And whilst Azeroth has no shortage of armed conflicts, there is only -so- high you can promote a person before they actually become a threat to -your- position. You’re basically grooming the person who will supplant you…

Far better to occasionally promote them sideways, give them flashy sounding titles and new jobs in far away places that are not Orgrimmar or Stormwind…in case they start looking at your throne and thinking “I could do that”

I mean if our characters were ‘The Hero’ then if I were Anduin or Sylvanas I would be -crapping- myself at the idea of you hanging around. “Hey, you know I’m awesome right? Yeah, well, this dude/dudette has saved the world about ten times over and won wars beyond time and space, they’re pretty cool, but…hey, you guys still like -me-? Right? Right?”

It actually makes a lot of sense, our character’s rise and decline in rank. Stops us looking at the ‘big chair’ and wondering how comfy it is…

What are we now?

Slaves to this torment!*

(*Blizzard’s "story"telling)

They honestly should get me writing…I can -justify- their shiz :smiley:

1 Like

That’s why I hate Alliance :slight_smile: Nerds.

1 Like

That’s why I hate the Horde :slight_smile: Senseless generalizations.