What are you suggestions for nerfing rogue/mage?

You mean like previous expansions when no one took it cos you’d have to be a donkey not to stop it? Gpie basically went from useless to stupid although I mean, the spell shouldn’t exist.

Also at least half of the suggestions in this thread are hilarious.

1 Like

Only seems this way for a Rogue / RMX player. :wink:

Love to all

I dunno how anyone can think putting all CC on shared DR is a good idea. You’d literally do nothing and may as well just remove half the spells in the game.

The game needs more cc, not less.

Obviously, since you are playing RMX. But if you can’t spam cc anymore and have to chose wisely when to use it, wouldn’t cc become a source of skill, instead of “just use it, maybe it’s not great, but since it won’t harm us…” (except for some bad timed cyclones maybe).

Noone said to remove spells, just shorter durations and same DR. So in fact you need to use them with more intelligence, instead of spaming them.

Don’t you get it? RMX still has mostly the same CC like 10 years ago (maybe even more) but other classes dropped a lot of counter potential (take just paralysis or fof stun for example - fof stun removed, paralysis cd trippled… Or charge stun / massreflect…).

What would more CC currently bring? Even less time you are playing the game? Do you know how annoying it is if you have to fight a warlock as a melee (if you don’t have a dk in your team)? Or RM? Probably not, so before writing such stuff maybe try some real comps ingame.

I know, some people think, setups are the most skill stuff in PvP and maybe they are right, but for RM setups are super easy to do since they have so much cc in their back, that they still win, even if they mess up 80% of their setups. Make setups skill! Theirfor reduced duration and better DR are the way to go.

Additional plus: RM would drop some of their incredible defense. So if they push in for a setup and mess up, it can finally backfire.

3 Likes

More CC would bring more counter? I tihnk you don’t get it. Paralysis and FoF would be on the same DR and then lets say the monk rooted you too. Now you have 20- seconds of guaranteed up time… I mean how can anyone think that’s a good idea.

By remove spells i meant they’d be useless. Take frost nova - it roots everyone. That’s one entire DR on everyone. It is SO bad for just a root it would be useless unless roots never broke and weren’t dispellable.

For me it was mainly about the cc to stop people, not the cc for killsetups on the real target.

Anyways, Fof isn’t dr’ing anything, since it has no cc effect anymore. That’s the point -> one counter to stop/interrupt cc chains is gone, but somehow RM still kept most of their stuff.

Well, cc should have donetime, shouldn’t it? I mean, how can anyone think he should be capable of keeping people away for like 90% of the time. That’s something only RM can handle and that’s again the point: it’s not fair.

Anyways: I see where the issue is comming from (obviously I haven’t explained my thoughts in detail): With same DR I meant the real crowd controls. Effects where you completely lose the control of your character (except for stuns). So more stuff like Fear/Poly/Sap/Blind/RoF/Repentance/Cyclone/etc.

It’s still fine if you go for a kidney while your mage poly healer and stuff, it should just ends up in 10 sec cc uptime max on the healer + 5 sec stun on the target. Not in a 3vs2 enviroment for 80% of the game, if you play with a rdruid.

Otherwise we could discuss about giving spamable cc a cd. But don’t think Druid/Mages/Locks would like it…

So your autist suggestions are basically “reduce CC and sustain, increase burst, remove survivability”. Its good there are no retards like that in blizzard, because for like 5 expansions already we are going in the Opposite direction from your “suggestions”.

1 Like

I think they should just nerf their survivability

1 Like

Temporal Shield healing should be the same as in WoD with a little damage reduction.
Barriers for all mage speccs should get a flat 30-40% nerf
Cauterizing should take more max% damage in PvP like up from 7% to 9% per sec
More counterplay to iceblock for example shattering throw for warriors etc

Rogues need more CD on feint talking about 20-25 sec
Crimson Vial should be nerfed to 15% max hp in pvp
Vanish shouldn’t remove Touch of Death

3 Likes

Lol didnt know that.

I really think it’s not intended to be like that as it came in BFA with the same issue as mind control avoiding ToD damage.
Rogues have only for the first . second of vanish immunity frames but not for the rest 2 seconds of vanish how it’s working right now as you can still damage rogues after their vanish but suddenly somehow touch of death does not work even with it being implemented by the monk in the same instance area they are.
When Monks die the damage also stops which is BS because when I use Touch of Death with brew or battlemaster the damage is still delivered with my max hp before it runs out. So it can’t be applied to the same logic with me dying and my HP being 0.

But monks are used to being one of the buggiest classes in the game they will fix in 10.0

Here is the special WW rage sentence while the rest of the post was full of sense.

We’re talking adding counterplay to stuff, mostly rm stuff, and you want to remove counterplays to an easy to use ability from you own class …?

Btw Vanish isn’t what negates ToD it’s being in stealth. If I were to drop combat and stealth, or a nelf would meld, same stuff, for those who don’t know. A target the Monk cannot see doesn’t get hit by ToD.

No no, a stealthed target doesn’t get hit by ToD, whole duration of Vanish and normal stealth too and it worked in Legion as well if my memory serves me right. I could check that out but I’m pretty sure.

we’re talking about counterplay against rogues to make it at least a bit fair to play against when taking in comparsion how Touch of Death used to deal with Rogues in Legion for example.

In Legion i saw Rogues dying through Vanish because of Touch of Death so it definetely used to work like this.

After all Touch of Death is still a debuff which Vanish isn’t supposed to clear it’s effect. I’d consider Shadow Meld also being a piece of BS but it’s more supportable than Vanish since it definetly has counter play by being fast enough as monk or using Legsweep before. But Vanish is just you press it situation and you are free of it.

I also don’t think it’s a nerf at all just a QoL change.

I mean a not CC’ed Nelf will always be able to meld the ToD, so to prevent that you need to stun. You can just do the same with a Rogue, they can’t Vanish while in a stun… I don’t see the difference in terms of possibility to immune the spell.

That’s the thing, it doesn’t clear it. It’s just that currently a stealthed target doesn’t get hit.

It would be very interesting to know if ToD still deals damage to a Rogue who vanishes while you have Shadow Sight ! If one day it happens to you please let me know.

I’m really not sure… I was convinced I learned that way to immune the damage during Legion !

this is actually very interesting and i will try it out for sure.

I always thought it was a bug that shadowmeld and vanish could be used for things like touch of death. Nowhere on the tooltip does it imply the monk has to be able to see the target.

To be honest, I wish they’d revert the “if a spell goes off it always hits” bullcrap they added. If I wanna blow vanish to dodge a chaosbolt or stormbolt or immune myself on a blind I should be able to :confused:

Just nerf ogues. By far the most overpowered class since always. There wasn’t even single season when rogues were bad or average. They are always tier 1.

Amout of CC they have is insane. Also global combo points make this class too easy.

No matter if i play priest shaman druid or idk pala i hate them for what they can do compared to other classes

The problem with Rogues is that blizzard have gradually removed all their weaknesses and have in return made their other stuff better.

They used to lose all their CP if they attacked another target. Now the CP are on the Rogue themselves and that they can attack other targets at will was a massive QoL change for them. If they are to keep their stuff then their CP should at least be reduced by one or two if they switched target.

1 Like

Well, lets be honest here: As long as you don’t lose any rage on target swap, noone should lose ressources. I don’t think that this is something they should change. The are a lot better things they could do.

1 Like