What areas should I avoid while questing and which areas can I absolutely not miss?

Hi!

Just purchased another month. I’m planning to level every class (Alliance) just from questing. I didn’t purchase BFA because I just like the questing experience.

Anyhow, I want to know which regions I should absolutely avoid. Which regions take too long/are in effective for leveling? Or are just tedious to do. I usually like quests in beautiful areas that have decent spawn and give me opportunities to level my professions.

Also, which areas do you recommend I visit for efficient leveling / beautiful areas?

Edit: I understand beauty is subjective but I’ve always liked areas like Grizzly Hills and Dragon blight.

As you’re 110, do you mean in BfA?

You’re probably gonna have to do them all anyway, so just crack on. For Alliance, start with Tiragarde Sound because it’s the best place to continue the opening story and also the least interesting zone, so you’ll be left with beautiful Stormsong and atmospheric Drustvar to enjoy.

1 Like

Just saw this. Oops.

Must dos from me on Alliance side are:

EK: Duskwood and both Stranglethorns. Skip Kalimdor altogether, it’s ugly and the ally questing is terrible there.
Not the best looking zones, but Westfall has a great quest chain and Searing Gorge is really quick.

Nagrand in lovely in Outland (and Draenor)

Northrend: Scholozar and Grizzly Hills (the questing in GH is poor tho).

Cata: deepholm is stunning if you like rocks and stuff, skip Uldum at full force (bland zone and terrible quests)

Pandaria: Jade Forest and Karasang are both lovely, skip Valley of Four Winds unless you like picking turnips all the time.

All Draenor is nice.

Legion, Highmountain is lovely, the elf place is nice too.

1 Like

Yeah, I only have the other expansions. Not BFA. Not planning to purchase it either as I’m awaiting Classic. Just leveling everything to the max level until a better expansion comes out.

Thanks for the advice!

I think he means 1-110.

My first thought is that if you are going to level multiple characters, your big problem is not avoiding less pleasant zones, but avoiding getting fed up of doing the same zones again and again. No matter how much you love Winterspring, you can only do it so many times before you want to jump into the lava at the Great Forge.

And while you can spread out in 1-60 zones pretty well, you’re inevitably going to get very tired of Hellfire/Borean/Howling Fjord, Hyjal/Jade Forest, Shadowmoon (Draenor), which are kind of unavoidable for Alliance.

1 Like

Yeah, sticking to questing alone is going to give you some fatigue at those expansion change points.

Can you still do that underwater zone as starter for Cata? Not that anyone would want to, but you know, in case of insanity?

Vash’jir. Yeah, you can. The intro quest is broken, it now just portals you there instead of being introduced on a ship, but the zone is still very viable. Lovely and peaceful and serene, … and very, very slow, which is why i didn’t consider it for this.

Yeah, I hated it. It wasn’t serene when I did it though, it was launch night.

Just hours of quests finding different ways for me to kill fish or naga.

Yeah I can see where you’re coming from. At least I won’t be fed up from the first two. Perhaps I will do some dungeons on the last few characters. But considering that I only got to 31 so far I have to go a long way. I really appreciate the comments :slight_smile:

Hey Codè!

I think the other posters in this thread have probably said as much as I was going to say here. I have my “preferred” zones as well, and having played and leveled multiple characters to high- and max levels I did end up doing all the other zones at least once to break up the pace a bit. You’re also going to hear different preferences from different people, and I think you’re probably know yourself best.

As such it might be an idea to simply let fate decide and pick your zone randomly as they’re offered to you while leveling and completing zone storylines and the overall “zone achievement”. With the new leveling and questing experience you’ll have a decent choice between all of them, and being able to experience them yourself is probably going to be the best way for you to find out what you prefer for the next character.

I hope you’ll have a good time either way, and don’t be afraid to try a new spec, dungeon or zones during your journey to help keep things interesting :).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.