What can we ''normal'' people expect from this company?

-There are portals (or at least portal from darnassus to stormwind in port) in ports,
just to skip waiting 5 mins for boat, and there are many things like that,
which ruins this immersion within open world game that is marketing itself as RPG.

You may call me crazy but I like to vibe with the world as it is in real world,
I like to feel like I am in this virtual world called World of Warcraft,
and you can’t deny that convenience ruins all immersion.

If you are okay with these things, what can we expect more of game design (us RPG lovers
that like to immerse with world). Why is it so hard to relax and wait for 5min for a boat,
or not get a fish every time or finish quest in 3 mins or less, remember how some looting
quests took even 15-20 mins to finish, well that is inconvenient but it really makes
game more cozy and teaches players patience, today with availablity to rush it ruins
game completely, just creates more impatience whithin players and it is not wise to be impatient.

Also hyper competitive content brings out the worst kind of things in some people,
because they didn’t learn the lesson of humbleness and therefore they are full of themselves.
If you ever noticed how your thought process is like when you are on discord with someone,
or in grp, when someone says you did something wrong you feel like you are being attacked,
or some things similar to those, like imagining all players are like that because majority of them
are consumed with those feelings of being too proud for clicking 5 simple buttons and
winning VS boss or another player. Some people are not like that and I can assure you it
is not normal at all to feel like that, even though you think it is because you only see you.

Why can’t dev focus more on classical side of RPGs and learn thing or two from all these years,
where they lost more then 80% playerbase and why it happened? I bet there are like 1 million
people ready to join game right now if game became more like wotlk or any classic expansion.
Why they can’t admit that they went too far with sattisfying some players with convenience.
It may be okay to have some things easier like gearing alts, reputation acc wide and more,
but do we really need things such as portal at end of port so that you skip waiting for boat?
It is really crazy zoomer like design that I do not and never will say it is normal, because
it shows me that either that designer is impatient and not normal or he made this design
because of how people reacted with stuff years ago back, and I do think that
they need to decide if this game is going to be on market as RPG or just action / instanced mmo.

We really need to separate those things because I have less and less motivation to play this game
just because it is marketed under RPG and us players like me that love to immerse with
virtual world don’t get nothing from them at all. Wow is still alive because combat is good,
we can’t say anything wrong about it, because when you compare it to other games, it is still
(I think) supperior then other games. And I think as me many of other players are still playing
because either they are competitive and like combat, or they enjoy casual combat gameplay
or they like to collect stuff, but there is literally very small precentage that plays for
immersion like people did in vanilla. I had many friends in vanilla that played only
to level up and immerse with world and their (own) RP story, we don’t have same
experience here in retail because convenience in leveling and other things kill
adventure like vibe that once vanilla wow had, where every little thing was important and
well created so that you can use it wisely if you knew how to use it.

Remember stumbling to chest and when you open it, it gave you item upgrades that you don’t
get very often, you may call it bad itemization gearing but it is really nice when you feel
the progression with your character, because now at level 20 I killed 5-6 mobs easily as monk
with starter gear, and that isn’t possible in vanilla or any classic expansion, and that alone
kills immersion and adventure vibe filled with danger. Also leveling is too easy
and you don’t need professions to gear up, which again I think it is not good way of creating
RPG game. Remember when you have to count every penny when you started fresh on new server
and you had to even not learn all spells because you wouldn’t have even for flight path or repair.
Or when you found a potion that literally saves your life in some situations, today I looted
600 heal potion on lvl 40+ when I had I think 4k HP, like what the hell really, is that good design?
Those things matter and I think convenience killed all small things that meant a lot for us.

I didn’t want it to be this long text but I tried to make it as clear as possible that
new WOW is failure of RPG games, and only lives because of it’s combat and competitive content,
if you removed that I think not even 20k people would play it or even less then that,
because usually those that like tmog hunting/achievements are playing competitive content daily.

Let’s be real, population will get bigger with new expansion because people like to buy
new expansion every time just for sake of their legacy with wow and game they once played
for whole day every day, but once they get bored of same systems and design that is convenient,
they will stop playing, and only same people that played throughout last 4 expansion will stay,
or even less people because of how bad game it is not that almost everyone realized that.

1 Like

The portal is there because Teldrassil is destroyed. Since transports are separate instances that coexist with the continent, you can’t have a boat only for the old Teldrassil, and a boat to the destroyed one is ridiculous. It’s a game limitation.

And they’re generally not adding more transports due to space limitations. Unlike in real life, different boats/zeppelins in WoW can’t use the same docking port. The boat to Boralus took the place of the now defunct Teldrassil boat, while the boat to Dazar’alor was put in the Echo Isles, pretty much the middle of nowhere as far as hubs are concerned.

3 Likes

I got a stroke trying too read your post…
The lay-out…
Ughh…
What happened…
stop pressing enter
new-line
every sentence…

I stopped reading half-way because I couldn’t handle it anymore :joy:

I didn’t think of it that way, really pissed me off when I saw it, I thought it is just another convenient design for crybabies

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.