What changes would you like to see for Outlaw in Shadowlands?

I’ve been playing Outlaw from 7.3 to 8.2, and I like the roll the bones spell that Outlaw play with, it’s satisfying getting 5 rolls, relief to get 2 rolls, and a burden to get 1 rolls (unless you have ace up your sleeves which means ruthless precision is good as a solo dice buff). I also like slice and dice for the most part, it’s a casual approach, where you streamline the spec and don’t have to worry about the rng part for the price of lower damage.

So I’ve been thinking, is there no way for these two builds to co-exist together? And thats where I would like to point to the 4 set bonus in antorus for outlaw.

Ngl, that set bonus felt amazing to play with. It even made slice n’ dice a competitive build to play with. So why not add it as a talent? That way, you can remove some of the rng that is RtB, while also making slice and dice more competitive? Or why not a passive?

I hope that they completely rework the outlaw rogue. I’ve mained rogue from BC to WOD… Afterwards I switched to RDruid/Feral. Especially as a rogue you used to have a very high skillcap and that was taken out more and more from time to time…The class became more casual. In my opinion the versatility of the rogue was taken away and replaced by RNG in the outlaw spec. In my opinion the versatility of the rogue was taken away and replaced by RNG in the Outlaw. It’s not bad to have to look at what buffs are active and play accordingly, but the feeling is often unsatisfying for me. I have rather opposite opinions about roll the bones there.

I would be happy to get a complete rework there or at least to increase the skillcap a bit and revive subtlety.

1 Like

I’m more or less neutral on Roll the Bones, but I hope there’ll be some option to change the aesthetic of the spec. It’s easily the most enjoyable rogue spec currently, and while I don’t follow the high-end content and the numbers game they play, I do feel like Outlaw lets me kill things faster when soloing in the open world. I just can’t take the “pirate” theme seriously. Maybe there’ll be a glyph to turn the gun into something else.

1 Like

Oh I like the pistol, it is fun to use right now, although nerfing the stun to a crit boost seems totally unexciting.

1 Like

The change to BtE is actually a major QoL change for group content such as M+. Having a stun integrated into your DPS rotation means you’ll have to stun at inopportune moments and/or reach DR faster in order to do damage. With Kidney Shot coming back, Outlaw’s control over this will be much better.

I want 1 handed guns, where outlaws can use one in their off-hand.

4 Likes

Go to league of legends and play Gangplank and leave Outlaw rogues in peace goddamit.

Maybe you should take a better look at your off-hand when using Between the Eyes and Pistol shot

Just revert outlaw to combat kthx. And keep between the eyes since its having the stun gutted from it and would be a shame to see the deadlyshot mechanic go to waste.

1 Like

Oh yeh bud, taking it off and then going back to the pocket you mean? What a revelation thanks Captain Obvious.

1 Like

Sub have some sustain.
Shadow dance and evisc do big damgur but out of it.
Heck even wrath sub was much better in sustain than Bfa sub.
Backstab for 3k crit on a warrior is… Great.

1 Like

i aint gonna sugar coat it id like the entire spec to go… as someone that has played rogue for MANY MANY years ive been robbed from my favorite spec i was originally very hyped about Outlaw but its just a SHET show… Id rather have my Combat spec back then anything at this point

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.