What character are you the most proud of?

In terms of char. development, potential, personality, achievements and fun you’ve had while RPing that character?

For me, it’s my troll shaman. He’s bitter and generally stuck in the past, unable to move on, but trying to just be nice and failing miserably. I think I’ve managed to make a character that’s deep and original, with loads of potential new RP to be had!
(Shoutout to Shadow of the Empires for making the guy who he is today!)

7 Likes

Deceased character of mine, the Blademaster Krogon Devilstep.

Allowed me to hone, improve and build upon my RP skills. character development and some wonderful long term plots coupled with his epic prophecised demise made it the best 6 years of RP I had. I miss playing him very much.

http://orcsoftheredblade.com/forum/gallery/292_16_04_18_1_11_22.jpeg

A wonderfully complex character to play out with his grumpy quirks, martial mysticism and the intriguing loyalty vs unrulyness relationship with his Chieftain.

…if I wasn’t so jaded about ressurection id get him back in a heartbeat.

-Garrote-

2 Likes

This one! Alyxia Dal’Elenlah. I have over time, built a rich and detailed backstory for her, and much to go along with many things that has transpired IC, I have also gotten around to getting 2 art pieces of her ^^.

3 Likes

Nice topic!
It would be this character and my Paladin, i think.
I have several so can’t say which one! :sweat_smile:

Kump has a long, twisted story which a big part of it was done in RP. And it was really fun. The story was built over time as it progressed, and the parties involved seemed to enjoy it, which was good. His story turned out to be quite epic and i love it.

My Paladin is an old character of mine, had him even before i begin to RP. Therefore I’m overall attached to him. Kind of bond! Although still some things needs to be fleshed out about him. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m tempted to say this one, but he’s still fairly new, even though he has a ton of potential and already had meaningful character development.

However, I feel like I’ll always be the proudest of my void elf rogue, Ly.
She was pretty much the character I learned to roleplay on and while she had several soft retcons to make her a bit less noob-made and more acceptable, I just had her second birthday that was RPed.

That might not mean a lot to you old folk RPing for years and years, but I started in Legion and I shamelessly can say I was horrible at RPing.
But I feel like I learned fairly well and became at least average at it. She’s been there on and off throughout the whole thing, and I’m not even close to being done and bored with her.

2 Likes

I think either my Night Elf warrior Aelruil who I’d played since vanilla and built on his story and what he was up to even when I wasn’t actively playing, or my Gnome warrior Lorina who I mained from Burning Crusade onwards.

Akamito who I love dearly, has had very little IC time ingame and his backstory has a lot of gaps that I haven’t really fleshed out.

1 Like

Vaxir. I started with a lore breaking story and all that and worked so hard over time to keep to the basics I started with but to make it lore friendly. Worked hard on her.

1 Like

it is a split between two.

Thuzar whos been through a lot and still have ways to go.

and my former paladin who survived Darrowshire, fought in northrend, and all the wars leading up to legion where he sadly was taken to the otherside of a portal before it closed off, leaving him in the nether forever.

1 Like

Probably Chieun. She has some similarities to Ashi but is at once more balanced and more defined.

Would be troublesome otherwise, as out of all characters I have mained, she is perhaps the newest.

1 Like

My DK.
I love her evolution, somewhat. And the current storyline I’m working on with her. Especially the great evolution she is getting with ROTD 2!

I think Zabu is mine. I started her out as a mere character made to learn about the Trolls in my Zandalari hype. The plan was to race change her to Zanda when they came out, or just switch my focus to my Zanda, but… Well, something happened along the way, and Zabu came to be a character instead of a cardboard box I suppose.

I had only really RP’d orcs before. But after switching over to RPing trolls, I more or less realized that -this- is what I had been wanting to do. This was the race for me. And I’ve Zabu and the guild which helped me develop to thank for that.

Suppose that was more OOC-based proudness, but still!

4 Likes

It has to be Mindare. She’s been with me since late vanilla. We’ve learned a lot and developed her story for many years. Her history is a hommage to players and friends I’ve meet during my time in game. I make sure that everyone that has affected me in one way or another are mentioned.

I am at a place where I do feel I that I’ve created a believable and humble character. That I am proud of. I just wish I had the time and courage to go out and roleplay more.

2 Likes

Probably my mage. She has been my main for years and has seen considerably growth as a character in that time. She also has by the far the better transmog appearances on my character roster.

Current character I’m playing, Zandalari priest of Rezan.

I’ve remained grounded while playing and avoided unnecessary character development, which has allowed me to remain true to the original concept rather than weighing the character down with weirdness.

Like most of my characters though, I get the feeling I’ll eventually get tired of the core concept, take him down a weird route and transform the character into something I don’t enjoy, all in the name of character progression. Until then, he’s my favourite.

1 Like

It’s been a while since I’ve properly invested time with any character but a long while ago it was Aarendale, in the Steel Gauntlet. We had a good thing going, me, Duckie, Keanan, Dale and all the lads. There was such a good atmosphere there and everyone seemed to just mesh really well, it’s one of the few characters I’ve had where people seemed to really like them. He was really well liked and it really shocked me how popular he was among them. IRL led to a sudden my disappearance IC and I’ve since lost touch, I think most of them are playing UD now or on pirate alts. I would like to go back to him at some point, likely come classic. Since I’ve been struggling to RP humans (and many other races) since WoD with the new models. At the moment I’m working on the idea of an ice troll but obviously the male models aren’t available to players.

This one? I dunno, He seems liked. Which is neat.

…Don’t have really huge standarts about feeling better about myself, but eh.

This gal here [Lalatha Nightbringer], opposite of IRL me, flawed which makes her enjoyable to RP and there’s a certain aspect to the character that I find hilarious but I won’t get into it.

One thing I would want to change though would be her last name, I mean I would’ve used Lightbringer since it sounds more Blood Elfy but for obvious reasons I decided not to use it.

For me, it has to be either Loras or Areo.

Loras was, for quite some time, the one character I would always come back to. I’m a sucker for knightly fantasy and he was my take on it, from righteous highs to crushing lows.

It took me a long time to find a replacement in that regard, but I think Areo’s taken his place there. I’m really enjoying my riff on the ‘war corrupts’ theme, to see him walk the road to hell paved with good intentions.

2 Likes

For me it was my first and most roleplayed character, Kaibyrne Gladstone. Starting off the concept was pretty light, new to RP and gave him a basic yet open background. I roleplayed him for a while until another character began to explore some of his problems and then he blossomed into something I never planned for.

My favourite character by far .

1 Like

I’m most proud of my main character since forever… He grew alot since Cataclysm; changing from a unhonorable, unlikeable Highborne with a superiourity complex to a more open and friendly Elf; Even if he still thinks most races are lesser races, he doesn’t really speak down to them anymore, nor to his lesser cousins and degenerated extended family!)

He also went from an aloof member of Kaldorei society, who would hardly lift a finger to help them to putting his hand in the fire for his people if he needs to!

Ofcourse this is all until he or his Shen’dralar can benefit from another direction :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways that was when I stopped playing, I always planned to have him revert somewhat back due to him seeing Zin-Azshari and his once beloved Queen again! D:

3 Likes