What character are you the most proud of?

Charles for sure, I’ve spent the most time on him in both RP and background wise… I would like to think I’ve established somewhat of a name at the moment. Of course things are always progressing, I hope he continues doing well as he is.

I… AM… ZEEEEP!

(In a full sentence)

2 Likes

Definitely my Sith in SWTOR, she went from being a confused, relatively meek learner to a terrifyingly cold Darth before falling to dust. A full arch with everything included over several years, it was great.

Not really proud of any of my WoW characters, I have an affection for Mith’cha but I’m not proud of her despite her existing for ten years. Very few of my WoW characters go anywhere and, much as I like RPing in WoW, I don’t find a great deal of inspiration in the pig eared setting it’s become.

2 Likes

Probably Uruk. He had received a lot of character development over my time with him, while still staying true to his concept. Gen though I rarely RP him these days, he still holds a special place for me and I hope I’ll be able to develop my other characters as well or even better than I did him.

1 Like

This but with my angry angsty Zabrak sith who went from an impatient apprentice to a scheming albeit brutish Lord.

As for in WoW, either Horkim for all the memories I made playing him even though it meant making some decisions that in hindsight weren’t the best (making him a DK rather than giving him the death he deserved) when his character started getting stale.

That and Williame here for being a character I truly enjoyed playing as, mostly because he was a completely different personality than Horkim. It was really fun playing what I hope was a convincing cowardly, slightly charismatic robber baron with his misfit crew, so I guess I’m just proud of the fact I had a lot of fun.

3 Likes

Chucklegrin, I’ve grown too attached to him now and my former RP main. Chang, the cabbage emperor. Giving out cabbages for free and all that.

1 Like

Probably my blood knight, Ithelian, purely on the basis that he was my longest running character at 2 years.

So yeah pretty rubbish

This one
Damien Wolfshadow
Spent the most time on it, leveled from 1 to 120, torn between Affliction and Demonology (not fond of Destuction, avoided it) developed him and had a tons of fun RPing
Even PvP with him, tho’ I hate PvP but with him even turns WM on to tempt Fate
Yeah, he is my favoruite and most proud of
But Zymara, my Draenei Shadow Priest a close second
Thanks to the unfriendliness of alts in BfA, focusing on Damien and never regreted I choose him as my “main” :wolf:

Hmm. Most proud of…

I think that would be Torugar Rageblood, my ancient grunt character back in late Cata to mid-late MoP. He had a full character arc:
He started out as a hothead grump getting a forced promotion.
Gained reputation as a dedicated grunt of his unit.
Became a grunt-captain.
Became a full vanguard within Hellscream’s Vanguard.
Gave up military life and employed himself as a pig farmer.
Had a child.
Helped out with supply lines’ protection during the rebellion and siege of Orgrimmar.

Died during the first push into Orgrimmar in Valley of Strength, battling his former comrade and falling when a tumour-caused seizure overcame him.

Over the course of the time I RP’d him, he evolved from a ball of rage angry at everyone and starting fights at the smallest cues into a very mellow veteran who had a future to look forward to.
It was truly my honour to get to RP that whole arc. And letting go of him in the end.

2 Likes

Big Chung

Big Chung

Big Chung

Keltaniis

Big Chung.

Everyone else’s answers should also be Big Chung so he can win this CLEAR competition.

2 Likes

None.

They need to make better life decisions. :grimacing:

1 Like

I guess Sainur because he’s my only character pretty much and have RPd him in a bit in MoP for a time until I took a break.

At least he can be a proper Dark Iron now thanks to BfA, and I’ve had plenty of great stories and fun adventures with him, and will continue to do so, as I never get bored of what I can pull off with him and the reactions I get from people.

2 Likes

Well, despite any quirks Throgan has. He’s definitely a character I am proud to have. The year I RPed him in the horde he got to be invovled in so many ocassions that allowed me to develop on his character so much. He’s always been that tough guy who’s soft underneath and unfortunately for him people brought it out so much that more and more he became less and less brutish to what he used to be a year ago. I’ve made both friends and enemies on Throgan with amazing OOC people and there’s no regret in anything I’ve had to deal with. What I never expected is to make him best friends with a elf assassin but Malyan and rest of Serpent Sisterhood brought out so much from his character that it allowed me to expand both IC and OOC. To this day I chat with those impossible assassins and I love those dorks OOC no matter the 17 pages long “bullying” they give me :’) My time in WoW is short compared to most here which is but a year. But I’ve come to absolutely love this community on AD. Especially The Ironbrand, Serpent Sisterhood, Grimhunt and Frozen Paw. All of them got be engaged in enjoyable RP and I am happy to continue my RP here instead of SWTOR.

4 Likes

I like Brigante. I like where he is right now. His Fliers call him ‘The Old Man’ as the traditional ‘nickname’ for the Wing Commander of an Escadrille, but its starting to rankle, because he -feels- old, the more he hears that epithet, the more it seems to take on resonance. Is he too old? Is he playing a younger elf’s role? Should he retire? -Can- he retire?

Oddly, given the first usage of the quote I can find, the character outdates the perfect line that describes him “You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain”
That’s his problem. He doesn’t know which he is anymore, and he sees young, competent elves, elves who could replace him, he promotes them, and…they die…and he grows more bitter and isolated from the youngsters he has to command, scared to make friends that likely will die in only a decade or so.

He also these days has a severe case of the Oskar Schindler’s going on. He’s part of an evil organisation (Lets face it, the Horde ain’t Boy Scouts) He’s realised this. The problem is, that he himself is basically a -good- person, but also a loyal person. But which horde is he loyal to? Not Sylvanas’ Horde, he can’t possibly be loyal to that and call himself ‘good’, Not Garrosh’s Horde, for sure. As a Blood Elf he never really had much time to get used to Thrall’s Horde. No, the Horde he is loyal to, is the one espoused by a Warchief that he quotes to this day.

“The Horde be Family”
Vol’jin’s Horde.

But there he is, a fading star, yet best at his game, who is a good person working for a horrible regime, and frankly, the whole dichotomy makes him a tangled mess of emotions which is actually fun to play through.

But then…I also like Ginette Nixon.

CW: Miscarriages.

She’s a grizzled veteran human Squaddie (Age projection issues much Brigs? :smiley: ) Her greatest pain was her salvation, She was sent on horseback back to the hospital ships, she was a Seventh Legionnaire, but had just discovered she was pregnant, and tomorrow the Legion marched, the bloody fist punching at Arthas, right in the daddybags…

A place called the Wrathgate.

She didn’t know what happened at the Wrathgate, where her husband fought and was turned to goo by the Forsaken’s Wonder Weapon. Her horse slipped and broke a leg, pitching her from it. Oh she was rescued, and the healers had to make a decision, that she was not conscious enough to make. They saved her life, at the cost of the baby that had died.
Essentially she is barren, and can never have children. So She’s ‘Mama Nix’, a horrible, spiteful, vindictive, caring, sorrowful, brave person. She is an incredibly tough veteran soldier, who makes no attempt to look ‘feminine’ at all (She’s like Brienne of Tarth but slightly shorter, and ginger, with shorter hair) But there’s a person in there, beyond the steel and Stormwind tabard, and she’s hurtin’. She’s interesting because she , Gawds this sounds horrible, but she is based on a person I know, just it was a motorbike, not a horse. Yes they know, yes they’re cool with that.

I always had this thing of “Can I-really- play a female character and make them seem actually female” Then I slapped myself with a hefty slice of "Oh FFS, women are not a different species! (most of the time) "

I really like her character, She’s horrible in ways. She can’t lose-won’t lose to the younger squaddies, yet at the same time is like a horrible, sweary mother hen to them.

To be honest, I love all my characters, in different ways, because they are such different people. Brigante is Jaded, Nixon is tormented, Gallery Fitzjinx is the victim of the world’s most cruel cosmic joke, Nabaal the Smiling One is always positive. He’s big blue Jesus with a battlehammer and chintacles, Jack Tallister is just a professional Cynic, no really, that’s his job, an Analytical Historian, Sengann Eyehammer was born just too late, or just too early, depending on your point of view. Either way, He’s a Green skinned Frostwolf Orc who was born a year after the Orcs came through the Portal. He has some intense issues when he sees Mag’har, and how he thinks they see him, even if they make no reference to it. Inspector Auberon DeGrasse of the Lordaeron Militia is a gentle soul, who delights in hearing stories as a mental exercise, to study them and dissect them, He grows Roses, and always wears one in his cravat. He is, a soul who believes in Law and Order, Crime and Punishment, Beauty in a world gone to hells.
He is also a Screamingly livid corpse, an engine of undead wrath with a Runeblade, who will carve his way through tenements and walls to track down ‘Criminals’ (and they are criminals, not some twisted ‘life is crime’ thing) and hack them into pieces so small that you could send the component pieces to every nation on Azeroth as a reminder “Do not break the Law!”
Basically Judge Death on a good day…

I love people’s character stories…

5 Likes

Minnie here has been my first (and only) character since I started playing a few years back - she’s gone through some changes along the way to her character, name and even class (she’s been a warrior, hunter, failed mage and now a rogue) and it’s been fun coming up with short stories to give a reason behind that.
I’ve honestly found myself happy enough to not need another character, as nothing else can inject that sense of comedy and spontaneity (not to mention temperamentality!) like a goblin can. Ya can be whatever ya wanna be, toots! Just stay outta my way when ya doin’ it…

Moving from her mercenary days to her “retirement” as it is now, I’m also enjoying the “Sgt. Bilko-esque” vibe to running a smugglers ring from a bar (with varying degrees of competancy!) as you get to write in a few little extra mooks and passers-by every now and then to living things up - there’s always something going down!

Of course, that’s all liable to change as soon as she gets wind of the next big scheme - who knows what’s next?

1 Like

Great thread :star:
It would be Melanee for me even if my gnome mage and kul tiran thornspeaker is great fun to be :slight_smile: Mel/Lina got a deep complex story which that offers a challenge to role play while the rest is more easy going .

Alenux Gwynn, quiet paladin of the Silver Hand. Rostane and Aleiandras, friendly demonesses. Camaela, tender Auchenai cleric. Charles Dreynn, shady merchant and summoner. Caloora, wild man’ari. Yunael, unwavering undead soul. Sally Torrero, strange worgen thief.

I will always remember Krogon as part of the Shattered Hand initiative we did on DB. Great character!

1 Like

DC is actually the runner up to how happy I am with how Braxigan turned out to be. A young gilnean dockhand who wanted to make something out of his life that he could be proud of, most of the main points in his history have been RPed out actually. In no means is it a perfect character but I do get away with so many enjoyable moments in RP

For me it’s this old sod. Broch was my first Rp character and he’s been through a lot. I got my first taste of rp-pvp on Broch, i got my first taste of betrayal on Broch. He’s gone from being a rather basic “I’m a dwarf” to now being a Granddad to many, Great father Winter to a hand full of youngsters (even an elf, god that was funny).

He’s healed and killed through all sorts. Been declared dead on 4 separate occasions. (backstory, During a Greencoat event, During Pandaria and finally during WoD). For a grumpy old dwarf he has a childish side (just ask Karianne). He likes to mess about in his Ghost wolf form. And much to my surprise he has a wife and a child now. The wife played by a very good friend of mine.