What class to roll next

Ok so I’m looking for a class that has healing capabilities, perhaps with a small fast heal and big slow heal, perhaps capable of melee combat with plenty of armour and not something with a convoluted system dictating it or really weird mechanics, I like things to be straight forward (not to be confused with simple) as in a heal will heal, an attack will damage, not much “but also” things, 1 or 2 is fine but when everthing is like that, maybe not.

My initial thoughts are perhaps a discipline or holy priest.

Please tell me if there is a better fit to this.

1 Like

Elemental Shaman, go!

2 Likes

Capable of melee combat so you thought a priest? Huh?

Paladin or monk seems like your go to

5 Likes

You would think, but paladin and monk are increadibly convoluted with weird mechanics.

For example, a kul tiran priest can punch people.

Sounds like a druid of some description would be suitable.

You’ve just described Paladin

2 Likes

Paladins don’t have a big and small heal, they have 2 heals almost identical and a bunch of odd mechanics to hinder them.

Well, the retribution paladins do have a big cooldown heal which heals them for their max health, plus word of glory as a solid holy power heal, and then of course the flash heal which costs mana. And their toolkit isn’t really convoluted. They’re quite straightforward to play really.

1 Like

I already know about paladin and they don’t do what i want or described.

Shaman and druid I’m unclear on, the totems and forms seem like some unneccesary hassle and i think monk had about 10 buttons to do what could be achieved in 1 button.

That seems like it would leave only priest to be the most straight forward and the toughest in melee, tho that seems a little strange considering.

Priest is not tough in melee. Someone made an entire thread about how Priest had too many buttons for the same thing: Why Blizzard hates new players - #53 by anon18551980

Truth be told, it sounds like you’ve made up your mind on a priest.

The whole description you posted doesn’t really refer to a class other than paladin, druids typically don’t have big heals they heal over time.

Big heals could be self heal like a death knight, or a lay on hands like a paladin.

Shamans can play melee but their heals aren’t associated with enhancement.

Your best bet would be to probably just play priest, or try some suggestions that are sort of what you are after, and just mess about with those classes.

2 Likes

Oh, I was referring to a big, casted heal, not an instant cast heal.

A priest can punch people. But most would quickly remove a priest from group if they started melee dpsing :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

you want holy priest then - greater heal is a massive cast time heal but a pvp talent

1 Like

That’s kinda the problem, i would want a chunk heal for PvE too.

the idea behind healers is often they have a slow spell and a fast spell that both heal the same amount but have different cast times and mana costs

i havent checked holy priest yet but this would be ‘Heal’ and ‘Flash Heal’ usually
but Holy Priest focuses on killing their cooldowns with cast times, to then drop the instant nuke heal(ST or AOE)

Shaman because is more straight foward, druid got a lot of buttons, but if you quest WM on you wanna do druid, if you care about tanking then druid, if you care about transmog go shaman.
It all depends what content you do and what you care really.

Monk, I hear they roll well.

1 Like

Looks like you’ve made up your mind for the most part. I’d say Disc Priest. Blizzard is treating Priest well in Shadowlands

1 Like

I think warrior will be best for you.

1 Like