What did I do wrong?

Hello, I was permanently banned yesterday for Exploitative Activity: Unauthorized Cheat Programs. In 15 years of playing, I’ve never once used a cheat program / hacked/ botted.

I have sent in a ban appeal, but since I’ve never touched cheating software (the only thing I use is a few basic addons - TSM, Atlasloot), I would like to ask if perhaps something that I’ve done recently was actually against TOS?

First thing I can think of - I’ve spent a few weeks doing world PvP, including in cities. With around ~250 ilevel, I am often able to kill multiple level 60s before dying myself. I would often use arena skirmish queues to avoid dying, and so teleporting away from the fray, and returning with full health. This seemed to annoy enemy players. Upon death, they’d chop my corpse into meat, set it on fire and plant flags. They also told me that I’d been mass-reported for “hacking” - doing extreme amounts of damage, and teleporting out of the battle.

Second thing: I’ve been using a level 10 monk to nearly solo random dungeons. I had a second account which i put on follow and we joined for a random dungeon queue. This seemed to annoy some players, who felt i was either breaking the rules by “multiboxing” or I was hacking by soloing much of the dungeon as a level 10 monk.

Per my understanding of the TOS, I did not think I had done anything wrong and so happily continued, despite likely receiving alot of reports from other players in a short amount of time (i’ve had the past few weeks off work so I’ve been playing alot…)

I’d greatly appreciate it if, whilst I am awaiting my ban appeal, somebody could point out if something I’ve explained above, is against the TOS?

Thank you

Hi Cranekicker,

Glad to hear you were able to find where to submit an appeal already, for anyone else interested you can read more about the process here:

That said, please note that we’re unable to discuss penalties on the forums and so we’ll close the thread here. I hope you hear back on your appeal soon anyway!

1 Like