What do you think will happen to retail after classic launches?

Well, I’m a classic fan too. I tried WoW in its current evolved state and I just havent adapted well to it so I’m being given the opportunity to go back to Classic which I loved/love. But should I decide that I no longer have a real life then I could play both, the choice is mine but I’m not going to screech at Retail players and tell them that I think what they enjoy is crap so therefore they must be crap too - and vice versa

1 Like

Queek in mind just because they can make servers for other expansions like TBC and WOTLK does not means they will make servers of those others expansions at the same time. They can make a TBC server, and years make that server progress to WOTLK, not have both TBC and WOTLK at the same time. Is undoubted that every expansion since WOTLK only worked while there was content available to the player, the year of patch 3.3 in WOTK, year of patch 4.3 in Cataclysm, 5.4 of Pandaria, all those are examples of how to game lost subcribes because those expansion does have less content available for players to the two years the expansion lasted, so any perpetual server on those expansion should be discarted. And the only last with some doubs is TBC, but there were some catch mechanics in 2.4 that maybe means TBC servers should not be permanent too.

So, my bet is they must keep Classic servers and make after two years a TBC servers and that servers should progress every two years. There wont be players scattered unconnected legacy servers with this outcome.

I wish those retail unfortune tellers could understand that, they are growing quite annoying on us.
As Lynlia pointed out people start childing up the moment you disagree with them. Maturity at its finest…

But it goes both ways - Classic players are guilty of doing the same. One is no better than the other, however, one is the result of the other and hopefully having the two running side-by-side will be good for both versions and all players

1 Like

Of course it goes both ways, lots of self proclaimed elitists on the classic side. The last line was meant for them all…

1 Like

Cough…

No. Seems you don’t know everything.

And that’s IMPOSSIBLE. Tadaaaa. :sunglasses:

Riiiight, so we can’t have an opinion on it because we didn’t ask for it. Sure.
Okay. That makes… no sense. Whatsoever.

You know how this project started out, right? With like 1 or 2 guys just trying stuff. If it hadn’t worked, they’d never moved forward with it.
And the number of players doesn’t matter so much to them, because once it’s running it will cost next to nothing to keep it up.
Unlike the real version of WoW where we get fresh new content on a regular basis.

And we share the sub, so they will lose no subscribers, maybe even gain a few.
Yeah, it’s almost risk free. THAT is why they went ahead with it. Not because of your imaginary ‘huge numbers of players’.

Old enough to have played vanilla.

I know. Just the version of the game I like.
So… I can’t do the same to the version you like?

You seem to be very one-sided with regards to who ‘can and can’t do what’.
And you’re calling me a child because I call you out on something that you condemn? Lol! Because…

That’s exactly what you did! :rofl:

Oh get real, that happens all the time. You might not have, but plenty of people do, so unless the ‘we’ you keep using means you and the voices in your head, you’re wrong.

Cool, then at least we share that. :grin:

Ooh sorry! My bad for not understanding :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Don’t worry, it wasn’t clear in itself :slight_smile:
Wanted to mark the word before leaving the thread for good and going to bed, it seems helpless. Think I hear someone still blabbering but cba tbh.

1 Like

Nighty night :slight_smile:

because you are speaking about 2 completly different playing experiences.

both crowds think that the other completly sucks .

they will never agree

1. Paying subscription allows you to play everything until Battle for Lordaeron scenario. Once you complete it, you stop and do not go into BfA proper.
  2. There’s going to be a lot of people who quit in 8.0 or in previous expansions who resubscribe for Classic. Or even people who never played WoW before. Many of them will quit Classic after a week or two and eventually let their subscription expire. It’s not to say Classic will be bad or anything - it’s just that pretty much every game suffers from a certain drop-off in playerbase after a few weeks, because some people just end up not liking it.
  3. If they were given an option to try 8.2 retail, some of these players could potentially stay subbed for retail. That way Blizzard could potentially keep more subscriptions generated by Classic in mid-to-long term, not just for the month that it takes some people to try Classic and quit.

having skimmed, i think for the most part, it will be like some have said, there will be an influx of people who play classic, then numbers will drop and things will stabilize.

• a lot of people who are unsubbed may return for classic and classic alone,
  • a lot of people WILL try classic who currently play retail, but i think that a large amount will not be able to put up with classic.

classic being classic will sorta mean that people will need to make a choice which they play: classic or retail. cause the time needed for both would not be possible. poor rng will make you have to focus on one or the other. this does have a downside:

• if classic “fails” this could seriously effect WoW in general, as classic has been touted as something that will bring loads of subs in.
  • classic WILL take some people away from retail. how many? i dont know and couldn’t say. even if its only a few thousand, if it takes the “wrong” few thousand away, then yes, we could face worse issues with queue time like OP is worried about. as am i. bg wait times are bad enough as it is.

i can actually see this being part of the strategy behind the whole idea to bring out classic. and thats sad :frowning:

1 Like

I’ll be laughing my A off, when this turns out to be wrong, my battletag: Betol#21292 Add me, and let me laugh at you when it happens, because you sound so sure, and you talk about intellect, and sperg-mentality.

You’ll find out its the oppesite, not them you. But that moment will come, Classic is going to be retail with the same toxicity, and everyone is going to have Guilds and friends they sign up with, so the game is not going to have any social aspect as it had back then, and then what do people do, they make outrageous demands on the social aspects to those who can’t just join LFG, or LFR, and it will die out slowly.

Nobody will get the nostalgia back, streamers are hyping it to get more views, and more money, people around them are very easily affected by others, the sperg-mentality, and believe its going to be awesome because some nobody streamer is streaming it.

Its the same with Justin bieber fans, and other fanbases, they’re to easily affected by nothing.

What made classic, and early beginnings of World of Warcraft any good was the lack of knowledge, the need for gatherings, guilds. As i said in an earlier post, 90% of all players were guild less back then, and they were figuring out that some people matched their level and started Guilds, and other things. Recruiting other new players. Now we have fully max’d Guilds and friend groups playing, we will probably have 10% that are guild-less. That’s it, and that’s not a very large social inc for classic servers, the rest are going to be snobby A Guild chatters who rarely speak, or interact with others besides their butt buddies.

WoW will be made great again :+1:

I think everyone should go and try out classic for a few days so i can yoink all the rare spawn mount drops :smirk:

4 Likes

Classic isn’t for collecting pixels with a addon, while watching Netflix.
It is made to chat with people and together do whatever you want.
It is social game.

Good luck being social, lol.

Okey? Why are you telling me this lol?
I’m staying in retail clearly, i have no nostalgia for classic :smile:

Good luck shoving up your attitude up your :peach:

Cause your rare mount spawns will still be occupied by the same players when it launches.