What do you think will happen to retail after classic launches?

Nothing will happen after retail launches. I literally don’t understand this faze about classic overtaking retail wow.

People literally hate how Grindy retail is and hate having to wait weeks on end to get gear.

Classic is a hell of a lot more of a grind than retail.

The players ain’t gonna play classic for long as it’s a lot more complicated than retail.

1 Like

A lot of people thinking classic will die down, but all the private vanilla servers in the past had dedicated players and a pretty stable population. I will play classic more than retail, because all my friends will be coming back for classic.

1 Like

Idk, personally I’m looking forward to progress feeling more meaningful, both while leveling and at endgame. Grind in itself isn’t the problem, it’s what that grind nets you (or doesn’t). Imo at least.

Though that being said I think there are people who are now hyped for Classic but will quickly grow disillusioned by the leveling grind because “gotta endgame quick that’s the only fun worthwhile thing”.

Imo this is partly due to the fact that private servers are free.

In a way classic is free to if its included with the retail sub. Depends on how you look at it.

Not really if people would stop moaning and using their brains.

I feel that common sense has left the building after all the quality of life stuff was added to the game.

I don’t mind classic i am going to try it out but i will not abandon my main character in the current wow. Why would i stop playing the retail and start from the beginning all over again.

I too find it funny how people always moan about the grindy aspect of the game while olden day wow was 100% more grindy.

Even TBC was more grindy than anything we have now and i still remember the whining and moaning in wotlk because of the argent crusade daily grind to this day i have yet to collect all the mounts from there because i just cant be bothered to do all of that.

Imagine being this upset because someone did not praise classic wow.

1 Like

Yea the journey was always the best part of the game to me but i would love blizzard fixing that part in current wow as i personally don’t have almost no interest repeating what i did 10-15 years ago.

Nostalgia its a hell of a drug.

How it is free? It still requires sub and people usually play “private” servers or pirated games because they can’t afford legal/legit product.

The only way to really enjoy Classic is somehow to delete all your memories of WOW for the past 15+ years…:joy:

Nostalgia for anything else (Jurassic Park, Ocarina of Time etc.): Perfectly fine and good

Nostalgia for WoW: “haha ecks dee its ur nostalgia dood the game succ”

Why is nostalgia held as a negative? God forbid people enjoy a video game.

2 Likes

I believe one of the reasons are. Nostalgia makes you “blind”. You pretty much ignore all the flaws and negative.
It would be the same as we turn the clock to 5 years ahead and I would claim:
“I am nostalgic towards BfA!”
Turn back the clock now. BfA critics: …Nostalgic towards BfA? With all the bugs and unfinished content…or lack there off. Class pruning?! Lad…you need your head examined.

Absolutely agree with the notion of wanting to get the live/progressing WoW to be the best it can.
I’m very attached to the chars I’ve got on this side of the game, and I want to experience a game that I enjoy through them.

Still, Vanilla does offer an experience that I just don’t think is feasible to try and replicate in full w/ the live version, and I’m quite excited to re-live through at least some of that with my more modern view and experience on the game.

Because Sonic the Hedgehog movie shows what’s wrong with it.

Well if they enjoy the game those negatives do not matter to them, hence why they enjoy the game.

If someones past experiences enhance their excitement just let them be, I do not see why people get so uppity that people enjoy a video game.

And I still do not see why nostalgia is seen as a negative for WoW especially and is just used as a cheap argument to try and shutdown anyone saying they’re excited. Nostalgia for old Zelda games? That’s fine for some reason. WoW? That makes you ‘blind’.

1 Like

If thats the case sure. I personally have nothing against Classic. If people indeed want to play it. Well…who am I to judge what they can or cant play?

The issue arises. When some(I will repeat…SOME. NOT ALL) people start parading Classic as"THE BEST WoW!. Classic will kill retail! All retail players are spoiled cry babys". And when some respond that Classic wasnt that good as you claim either?

Well. Go ahead. Tell something negative…or even just neutral towards somebody who worships Classic as 2nd Jesus. They will consider it as a personal attack and
…well…the gunpowder barrel has been lit. :rofl:

1 Like

Why do you say “Retail” instead of “Modern WoW” or “Current WoW”? Blizzard is not setting up “Private Servers”, “Classic WoW” is “Retail” since it will be run by Blizzard.

@Crisswyn: Probably due to the folder naming…

@All: I guess I form part of a minority of a minority as I am not really hyped, but I do intend to play both… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think we can agree that both sides can be argumentative and are as bad as each other.

“BFA is for babies who want free loot!”

“Classic sucked it’s only your nostalgia!”

1 Like