What Frost DK needs

So, here we are, we had Buffs in 10.0.5 and changes for 10.0.7, both are absolutely promising and will make us Frost DK happier

BUT

There is still very important Stuff, Blizzard needs to know, so they can change our Spec to the better, most importantly for me, the Obliteration Playstyle! I will list my Suggestions and you can comment on wether you like them or not ! :slight_smile:

1: D&D and/or RW needs to be put off the GCD. Right now, whenever you start a burst window in AoE, you want to cast your RW before Pillar waiting a second for GCD, then you want to Pillar/HB at the same time for a KM Proc, after that you will go for D&D still waiting a second until i finally can Obliterate. At the point you can finally land your first Obliterate Cleave Strike, there will be 1-2 seconds of your D&D Buff just gone and likely 3-4 seconds of your RW Gathering Storm buff just gone. With all the Setup, that Frost DK needs to get the damage out, you can never reach maximum Value with all your Spells. And that’s caused by the Global Cooldown on D&D and RW. If this got removed, it would make our Rotation much more smooth and would also result in higher amounts of damage in our Burst Window!

2: Glacial Advance should contribute to the CDR of Icecap. At the current state of IC, we only get CDR whenever our Oblit crits and our Frost strike crits. Looking at AoE scenarios, we do never want to press Frost Strike in AOE for obvious Reasons. So in my opinion, it’s just a no brainer to include CDR here aswell

3: Cold Blooded Rage…Boy oh boy, what are we gonna do with this Talent. This is a penultimate Talent on the left side of the Frost Tree, yet it has almost 0 purpose in Obliteration or Breath Playstyle. It only might get SOME Value in single Target situations once all of our CDs are down. But imagine 2 Handed Obliteration for a second. Your Frost Strike and Obliterates casts GUARANTEE you a KM proc, so in our Burst Window, this Penultimate Talent (which should be really strong) does absolutely nothing for our Gameplay. It’s just 2 Talent Points that i would like to use elsewhere, but i need them to get to Obliteration. And also for Breath, this Talent does nothing in the Burst Window. When will you ever cast a Frost Strike during Breath…That’s right! Never!

4: Bonegrinder…lol, this just doesn’t work and needs to be bug fixed, nothing more to add

5: Bring Pillar back to the Glory Days with 15 Seconds Duration. It was just great and could be again. I wouldn’t even need the extra CD back to 45 seconds if Icecap worked with Glacial Advance like i stated above.

6: OMG PLS CHANGE BREATH OF SINDRAGOSA TO A 1.5 MIN CD THAT DOES MUCH MORE DAMAGE BUT IS SET TO A 20-30 SECOND DURATION. I BEG YOU BLIZZARD, THIS ABILITY IS JUST ANNOYING TO KEEP UP

That’s it, that’s my Feedback for the Devs, i would love to see stuff from my List implemented, if you want to add more or comment on it, please let me know, i am excited about reading something!

8 Likes

Hey, I totally agree with all your points except for 6. BoS having a fixed duration will totally take out the player factor out of the equation and all FDKs will become even more RNG reliant and only distinguishable by ilvl nothing more nothing less.

1 Like

For pvp. A pvp tallend when the pilar of frost is up dont get disarm

Totally remove cd of Breath or make Breath like Eye beam.

Both frost and unholy need redesign.

Unholy is in an ok place in pvp but could do with tier sets that dont force play styles on you that is for sure.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.