What happened to our community?

• Someone instantly leaving after the first loss, no hello, goodbyes
  • People raging in a 1k7 MMR game because you used your trinket too soon (or too late)
  • Absolutely no discussion on how we can adapt as a team

Sounds Familiar ? Sure it does, that was my whole afternoon.

For context, I’m coming back from a long break. My experience was mainly when you could only party with people from your server, and everyone playing arenas knew each other. I have always healed (mostly restauration shaman). At one point I played in the ~2k5 ranges.

Nowadays everyone just tags and expects to win or they will find some reason why you miss-played. You don’t even get vocal because people want to be able to rage quit and leave faster. To be fair, I probably am not great at the game nowadays (~2k2 in 2s last season). All I expect is for people to be kind in a video game. Is that weird ?

To the few who have been friendly, thanks ! Good luck in the arena. I am out.

4 Likes

It got 500x worse when Cross realm was introduced. I agree though.

It’s even obvious and apparent in solo shuffle

2 Likes

yes welcome to the internet

1 Like

1700mmr currently arent propably what you think it is, havent healed single game today from +30-40 on ~1.7mmr where didnt go against two glads and playing self with a similar last season duelist or higher from lfg

Some ppl rage some ppl dont care, I dont tend to think too much about losses playing with lfg where youre not coordinating much vs other team that clearly is coordinating. Rating is super deflated and there arent many people left playing.

If youre playing the yolo version of wow tinder finder for pvp on a 1700-1750 you will face alot people with 2400-2800 on their account who play with friend or similar trough lfg and its rough if youre not on the same boat, I agree 1700 shouldnt feel like playing 2000mmr it is demotivating if you dont play with deacent friend who you can coordinate with

Welcome to season 3 btw :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: there is lot of things that has made alot people quit so there isnt many playing except the really addicted ones

Btw from what you described on your words what you witnessed people behavior it tells me that alot people would favor que system where you can just log in game and press play which is norm on these days in every video game pretty much

The not willing to talk behavior, we have to be connected to everything in this busy modern times and when people get online they mostly just want to play instead of build contacts or socialize too much that is propably the behaviour you are witnessing. Dont take it personal

“I have always healed (mostly restauration shaman).” Restaurant shamans are awesome!

2 Likes

I get annoyed even if people join groups and say “hi” or something fake cheerful “hows it going fam” :joy: and they suspect you to reply something but to me that just feels so pointless to pretend friendly when in a min or two its likely to turn into this “fufufufufu” if its not a win when ppl get fustrated that they couldnt yolo a win vs glads that are not doing random things and instead playing with their friends :joy:

I would rather just not say anything till I see after couple matches that we can continue and do some coordination and have synergy as team instead of overlap alot, I like to witness that there is some worth to the group before start talk with them if that makes sense

1 Like

You prolly Just got abit unlucky with your signups, the few times a week i do a few 2s games with lfg to cap the class I feel like playing, i usually get pretty chill guys with the same goal as me: pump some games, have some fun, accept that you might Win and might loose some. Either way after I started playing lfg again, i’ve not encountered too many ragers tbh

1 Like

Yeah. I played some solo shuffle on my disc priest recently and one of them started whispering me between matches that I should start “healing myself”. While he did nothing other than watching me desperately trying to survive against havoc dh and fury warri instantly jumping on me after gates opened blowing everything they have into my face. I don’t get the mindset of some people…

Happy to see some of you guys relate to my experience. And yes, the level at which you need to play even at lowish MMR is insane. Though I don’t even mind being bad at the game.

You guys do bring up some valid points (including my horrible spelling). Maybe this is just the way we are evolving as a society. On the plus side, we no longer spend hours doing duels in front of SW / Orgrimmar waiting for a game to proc. “Log in, press play” sums it up nicely. If you could just avoid flaming your healer on the way out, that would be cool (I loved Mangì’s very relatable example here).

Not saying it is perfect, but having some kind of “chill guy” level on your account could help.

Good Post,

Because most of the decent folk left and those that remained forget what this is. A computer game, that is meant to be enjoyed.

Alot of people don’t view this as a computer game which is meant to be picked up, put down, turned off and played as and when. The demographic which represents WoW atm is unfortunately shameful and its is a cancer that tends to drive many people away (i speak mainly of the PvP community here not the PvE, i cant comment there.

Also people growed old :slight_smile: It was alot different to make friends in vanil than now 17 years later

Well it usually happens if they note themselves “2.2-glad-2.7exp” when they were applying. Because they may expect you would know some basic patterns of the game like when and against what exactly to use your trinket or whatever. I think the best thing you can do is: forget them and play until you find someone viable

From my experience, most toxic players are high experience guys, playing on low MMR.

2 days ago I was playing with 2.6k exp one with mentality “wow, you’re trash, but cba to tell you what you are doing wrong”.

However, I found that it really depends on what you put in your descritption in LFG. If you highligh you’re looking for someone friendly, to play chill games (sounds like tinder, I know), chances to find not a toxic person are much higher.

Ya i have a similar topic active now. It happened us 7-2 stat and the guy left.

Horrible ppl

Yes, that ridiculous, i was insulted by a gladiator mounted mage when i was practicing with my rogue and the beggining the set bonuses (2pcs) we lost and yelled “Noob rogue” (i had 7 days exp with rog :smiley: )
Next match he was the kill target and i deleted him under a 5 sec stun.
I whisped him “Noob mage”

He was outraged, that we have no the same he had 2,4 exp and linked the check pvp fr of my rogue :smiley: waaaaaaaat
He cried a little during a match….
I didnt know thats rated. Why ppl cry on solo shuffle? Best thing since rated bgs honestly. I love it to practice without anyone ratings down.

2 Likes

Vanil were more of everyone know each other on our server on both sides alli and horde and you knew the guys you went against in bg and you knew everyone you played with daily, we were all farming the r14 honor grind which were around 350k week then compared to the over 1mil now which classic needed now but thats another thing :joy:

Cross realm introduced more “log in press play” type of gameplay and more selection for the retail lfg system but which I still think is outdated for these days demands

If we went back to not cross realms it would result in quite dead servers and even more dead game than it is now for pvp when there is hardly any non diehard fanatics playing. If there is only the most addicted ones playing pvp now it would be silly how dead it would be if we went back to no cross realm

Its just how it is these days everywhere really and when we add anonymity to the mix well you can sorta do the math for rest :slight_smile:

Have to get used to that many people are children in games or adults stuck on childish levels going “fufufufufufu” on everyone and you just ignore them and never deal with them again

I would welcome more convenient and faster ways to play the game than rely on lfg finders even if it meant that there is more anonymity and short attachments it is how games are these days. You dont make lifelong partners from games playing few matches before you have to go do something else in your life wow is kinda outdated on this how it assumes you to know people in order to just play it or waste alot of hours in outdated system to play it :slight_smile:

1 Like

There were toxic people in vanil too who would go much lengths on causing drama and contacting your guilds gm trying to orchestrate your kick or just throw mud on your name when you refused to coordinate with a competing group on the pvp grind or participate in their win tradeing and so on.

Not to mention all the loot drama and ninjaing that went on with master looter systems in pve when 40 people are effectively there to just gear few peoples greed :+1:

Some people are just good to be put on ignore and never deal with again no matter the year we on or enviroment, irl or virtual heh

WoW is one of the most time-consuming games there is.

As someone already mentioned - people grow up.
What this means is jobs, families, and obligations. Many people are lucky if they even are able to play 1 hour a day.

They don’t have time to “make new friends” or try to uphold those relations with their irregular playing hours.

But how do you even play arena then?
Well, you sit in the LFG for 45 mins trying to find someone to play with.
Eventually you realize you are not going to find someone for that specific comp (or with that experience) you were looking for, so you settle for some random sub-optimal player.

The gates open, and you proceed in getting deleted by a Gladiator player within 1 min.

You realize there’s less than 15 mins left to play, and you get angry that you wasted your time on even trying this. The poor random sub-optimal player becomes the subject of your rage, and then you just Alt+F4 and unsub from this garbage.

This is how I picture it transpiring for many people. Understandable in some sense.

6 Likes

Man, you just wrote my whole in-game life in that 1 hour

1 Like

I usually put “be relaxed, no need to rage” into my lfg description and never had any problems. Have to say that I made alot of positive lfg experiences lately.

If anyone puts “chill” in description it’s safe to say people are not actually chill.
All they mean is: “I am not even going to try” or “I have no idea what I am doing”