What happened to this game?

I’ve only played BfA for a month since release, all my characters felt pruned out and I couldn’t find any joy anymore.

I ressubbed not too long ago and I join a Random Battleground:

• Everyone has 4 times more HP than I’ve got
  • I die from 2 Templar Verdicts
  • Guardian Druids are gods
  • Priests somehow have Lay on Hands

I’ve been playing for 2 weeks now hoping it’ll get better with hopes, I’ve managed to get my hp to 120k but it’s just not feeling right, there’s no fun in PvP anymore, even tough the rewards feel pointless, you are simply not allowed to have fun.

Now I have a full-time job and cannot afford to keep spamming heroics and find groups that will take a 355 rogue into dungeons, alas waiting 30m for raid finder is a hell

All my 17 friends have stopped playing this game since BfA dropped and most of them don’t even log into bnet anymore.

What the hell happened to this game? Damn I miss Legion. It feels like we lost more than we gained for paying £60 plus subscription.

5 Likes

Benthic gear should make your hp 225k.

Grind pearls if you cant do m+.

Benthic is better than heroic gear.

Try to kill world boss of nazjatar and use coin for extra chance of gear as well.

Right now pve rules pvp world.

1 Like

This is so sad… No matter how much you know about the game and all classses, you will still get played over by a player with better gear than you.

More of that, reward from m+ 10 is 430 ilvl. So it means that without weekly chest you’ll got only 430 ilvl overall and it’s 290k hp. And it’s simply not enough, in arena you fqce people with 350k+ who just rekt you. So even if you have enough time to do m+ it’s not enough to have fun, have to wait for weekly chests and prey for good loot.

Oh, yes, only gear is not enough, you also need a lot of essenses, and it require a hell of a time to grind it.

So if you don’t have a lot of time and patience to do this, not reqdy to be spit on by everyone who has gear whike you doing this, his game is not for you

2 Likes

I understand but in meantime what about all the players who have ‘worked’ (if you can call it work or just lucky enough in some cases) for the gear… It was always like this except in Legion.

If your time is very limited, here are some recommendations:

• Take a few minutes and use fansites like wowhead or icyveins to get familiar with the current catch-up mechanics and newest features. Knowing about them will help you safe a lot of time.

• Don’t use random battlegrounds for farming equipment. It’s inefficient.

• Don’t use raid finder unless you have a lot of time to spare and/or you want to experience the story. It’s inefficient.

And remember that it’s kind of a bad time to come back to WoW mid-patch. You won’t be able to catch-up with everyone immediately. Especially, if you are more of a casual players. Grinding out essences and artifact power requires a hell lot of time.

Let them have it and be good there where they took all the items. Got item from raid be good in raid, got from m+ be good in m+.

Why the heck they obtain PVE items to be competitive in PVP? And why can’t regular rules be applied here, like obtain through pvp and be good in pvp?

Previously bg was like additional activity, just for fun. Anyone dould join it and have some of it. And now if you don’t have gear you got oneshotted, so people just unsubscribe. That’s just a way of losing customers.

3 Likes

Enjoy pve mate.

3 Likes

They won’t be to catch up with people anyway, because the 445 people will immediately raid for their higher level gear in the next patch and once again anyone who isnt in mythic tier will be useless as usual.

The problem here is the fact that heroic and mythic tiers even exist in the first place rather than how much work needs to be put into getting gear.

3 Likes

Resi was nice though

2 Likes

Exactly this. Im sorry but u wont gear up trough bgs anymore. And i dont wanna be rude or toxic but 355ilvl was low even in season 1 of bfa, you are getting handled better gear from world quests. Take your time and do some basic research on how to gear up eficiently, its sad for pvp but it is what it is this expansion…

1 Like

Not to burst your rose-tinted Legion bubble or anything, but it’s also this bad in Legion in the 110 Battleground bracket. The average PvPer has around 20k hp and there are Paladins running around hitting people with 22k Templars Verdicts and Hunters Aimed Shotting 2x from stealth for 12k each. The BG chat is full of average PvPers complaining and asking ‘what has happened to this game’.

Personally I blame Mythic gear. The gap between ‘normal’ gear and Mythic Antorus gear is a gap the like of which has never before been seen in WoW. BFA is just following that trend. If you do not have Mythic Antorus gear in BGs at 110 you get one-shotted by those who do, simple as that.

It’s a shame but gear / iLevel is everything.

1 Like

What happened?

PvP communism.

1 Like

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/auchindoun/schurke

I have 6 items from pvp weekly chest and I’m 441.

Just pve all the time wont help. Get some items from pvp chest too with doing rated pvp.

But before doing it wait for new patch. There will be similar system to benthic.

Even when PVP stats was a thing gear always mattered in some form, minus legion partially.

Wouldn’t want it any other way else I’d go play something which forces you into a open, equal playing field off the get go.

so you’re basically saying I can ruin other people’s day in PvP because I raid every Sunday night with my friends and we have better gear but almost to no knowledge about PvP whatsoever? Nevertheless he should respect my time put into raiding despite being a better player than I am?

1 Like

That’s how it works sadly.

1 Like

*have better gear

Pretty much.
That said, lowbies can still contribute in bg’s (esp as a rogue).

Gear acquisition through PvP is awful & the disparity is getting ridic, but it’s only one factor in deciding a bg (chances are good the other team has a lowbie or 2 too).

1 Like

Yes, gear is pretty much the only factor in PvP, and luck. Skill doesn’t really make any difference. It is impossible to tell a good player from a bad player at the moment.

That is what I meant with PvP communism.

Never use Icyveins, they have lots of wrong info, like fire mages weaknesses being lack of burst.

1 Like