What has Wow Classic got that retail Doesn't

So wow classic has been out for a few months now .Myself a returning player on the return of classic wow got the bug again the grinds for gear the the community the aguments between raid leaders and raiders brought it all back really enjoyed it so far … so how can the developers bring out a new expansion in a couple of weeks / months and get people to buy the expansion

What can the devlopers do to make the new expansion a game that will A stop them playing classic and return to new content and B get people playing again as a team rather than a 1 man show … i stopped playing just after cataclym simply because i was stood in stormwind waiting for somhing to happen in trade chat that took my interest.Also i decided to roll a charecter on a full server in retail seen as my server that i played on for years are now nearly dead and in 3 days not relly hammering the game im now nearly lvl70 … my thoughts are

1 get rid of find a group / raid finder

2 flying mounts get rid of them where is your world pvp

3 stop makeing life too easy for solo players (its a social game find friends get a group to kill hogger )

4 Talent trees back to wow classic style

5 Mounts with auctions house and repairs on … ( get your lazy bum back to a town )

Just a few that i can think of pls feel free to add any civilized comments below

4 Likes

QOL change, to do actually content you need to host your own group anyway without question.

W-pvp wont be fixed untill this whole sharding nonsense is gone else all your w-pvp will consist of is raids of people for the weekly.

To actually hit your end game you need to do group content, power creep is natural and is why players can now solo world bounties etc.

not really any different from retail talent trees, you just choose the meta picks 4head, still fails where current system does with a lack of actual variety.

Might be worth you go play classic wow if you’re looking for this heavy "social"integrated community, cause even that wont be the same since Vanilla has happened the once and can never be interpreted the same way as people wanted.

2 Likes

If you want to discuss classic, their forums are here :

18 Likes

In my honest opinion the biggest problem is the rush mentality nowadays. Guides are already out before something new is live and people just expect you to watch them before doing it yourself.
Just today I went to do lfr N’Zoth fur funs and giggles (had a quest) and I tell the group it was my first time there and if anyone had tips. Besides a few helpful notes from the RL all people said was ‘watch a guide’
Where is the discovering it together gone?
I told my group respectfully that if they desired such devotion as watching guides beforehand they should not be in lfr. I guess my group agreed because I didn’t get kicked…

4 Likes
  1. yes because sitting on general hub spamming chat for hour is exiting gameplay. yup lets do NOTHING in game while waiting for group. Yes, such of tema spirit! LFM FOR DM NO HUNTERS
  2. Instanced PvP killed world PvP not flying mounts, as well instanced content in general dragged people away from world. Sharding was the last killer. Flying mounts have never been a problem.
  3. 8.3 is same as classic in terms of boring chores and lack of content as well there are now named mobs you cannot solo. You should be having greta fun in retail now, no?
  4. 99.99% of playerbase used cookie cutter and still use cookie cutter.
  5. Yes because doing nothing in town is fun and exiting instead exploring the world!

I just ponder whose alt you are and why week-end threads during quarantine have so low quality ? :frowning: whatever happened to quality trolling and baits ?

16 Likes

Classic talents are illusion of choice . you need to spend X amount of points in order to unlock new row .And most of those "talents " are +1 crit or other gimmick.
Sure you can place points in all three trees and by doing so you cant unlock main ability lol.
Modern talents are way better and actually affect game-play.

7 Likes

Than you clearly dont understand mmorpg desing and its social dynamics what do no exist in LFR/LFG pressence.

Nothing to do with World PvP- You sohuld never be able to skip terrain, avoid dangerous mobs or players. You also missing our on interactions with other players and enviroment.

Group content shouldnt be thing just for end game raids. There should be world content what takes group to finish like elite quests in classic.

2 Likes

Old talents do have huge impact on your class. You can feel in classic every single 1% increase becouse game isnt bloated with numbers.

4 Likes

Just don’t

Just don’t

Just don’t

Just don’t

I sitll have to do that chief.

8 Likes

Yeah cuz my guardian/resto druid hybrid is better than both warrior tank & priest healer :smile:

:joy:

I play classic as a singleplayer-grind game where most i do is grind gold

Retail is the social place bois

I’d prefer the classic talent tree if it wasnt just … that

1% crit ah hell yis

Damn didnt expect to have to use the :joy: emote this much

Than you clearly never played classic becouse is true. Classes in classic are really weak and simple talent to reduce mana cost of spells can mean pullling extra 2 mobs without mana break or not dieing in 1v2.

What does Classic have that Retail does not?

An incomplete gameworld, and a fanbase that seem to be so dissatisfied with the game that they feel the need to pollute other people’s games with their views, thereby proving that their actual game is not that good.

There is a classic forum, you know…

I mean, imagine, just imagine, if players of the actual game started posting on the Classic forums the way they do here…

16 Likes

Retail doesn’t have server community, no community mean way less drama and events, no need for social skill, talents are badly designed, no inovation about gameplay no new talents since 2 xpac, to many time gating, everything is standardized and linear, dungeons to linear, every class is the same with lot of mobility stun counterspell, pvp is in a dead state, to many collection thing like transmog mount pets toys it’s really annoying to see 600+ mounts in a game you have the feeling that everything is not important and “to much”, loosing the sensation of “prestige”. When you see R14 or Scarab Lord in Classic you know this guy is awesomely dedicated.

And the biggest thing : no world event. No AQ Opening Gate event, no Scourge Invasion Event, no Quel’Danas Island Opening Event, nothing at all. Because there’s no server anymore.

The thing Classic doesn’t have but Retail have ? Improved graphics and musics, arena, quality of life improvements and raids with 2020 mechanic.

No

No

You mean by reducing Power and force player to drink every 3 spells ?

Hahahahaha ! … No

All of this are terrible, if you want play Classic you can still play Classic .

Each games has his own charm, and each people want to play the thing he prefer.

Walking for 1 year when you have to crush every trash monsters who populate every m² of the map because they daze you forever is not fun anymore .

Go on and think about what you said

6 Likes

Classic has the gearing.
The feeling of progression.
Having more power with every new item you put on.
Also rewarding profesions.
The classes Being good in their own way.
Now evey class have mobility, burst, selfheal, deffensives e.t.c.

2 Likes

Save his post, look upon it when the forum account-wide changes will arrive in some months/years/decades. A person who has no spine to post here with their main isn’t really worth the attention anyway.

Let’s stop trying to make retail classic eh? If you want classic then play classic

7 Likes

What Classic has that Retail doesn’t is a different playerbase, that’s all really.

There’s absolutely no reason to change retail to be more like Classic and there’s no reason to change Classic to be like retail; they are their own entities.

The only thing retail is lacking is interesting classes and specs (albeit, that’s purely opinion based), something Shadowlands is aiming to fix.

That’s how I’ve always described the new “talent” system.

No thank u, if i wanted the classic experience i’d go play classic :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Did you actually read his post, I’m confused as to why you’re pointing him in the direction of Classic forums.

Sure, if we already have Wow Classic, what is the point in making Retail like Wow Classic?

I think Blizzard was thinking along that line, which is why we have Wow Classic.

1 Like