What I hope Classic will make Blizzard rethink

I loved Wrath so much - I would definitely go back for that.

1 Like

Urgh flashbacks!

Depends on how you define classic failing. I too think it won’t do as well as people think it will. But I do not think it will completely fail.

1 Like

I can’t make a dinner for you, too many mouths to feed for today already.
Looks with admiration at her army of pets :cat2:.

1 Like

I think before we come to hasty conclusions, you have to think of the current issues that Blizzard has:

1. new and returning players:
  • level cap 120 (when the advertisement that brought them in may be the latest expansion )

now imagine levelling at the pace of vanilla in retail all the way to 120.

1. old players

they are trying to make something new with each expansion, but proven innovation at this level and have a return of 2 year release it’s not really enough time to develop systems to satisfy everyone.

1. BFA

we need more content as one thing that every MMO struggles with, a huge playerbase eats up good content. While the azerite, rng and titan forging should be rethink-ed, I think for new expansion they should apply the vanilla formula.
make it a 2-3 month journey of leveling for an average player from 110-120 not a few days.

Or wow 2 :smiley: same game(vanilla) new adventure, everyone starts fresh good for new and old players.

Someone is in for a big surprise :joy:

I hope OP you rethink on using paragraphs :thinking:

I hope they never make retail like classic. Classic was a crap show especially for this day and age. If they made it more like WotLK or legion again it would be better.

4 Likes

Why? Classic is niche.

I think you’re overhyping it. I seriously do.

I think the game will be have a stable playerbase, but it won’t be very big. And there will be some spikes in players whenever they roll out a new (old) thing or whenever there’s a lull in current WoW content.

They are ALWAYS thinking of the future of WoW.

No thanks.

Speak for yourself.

Disagree.

But the thing is; the majority of the playerbase isn’t like the old school audience anymore either. So it’s fine. Yeah, the remnants of those players are upset. Well, so be it. Blizzard can’t change the game into something that a small niche audience wants because THAT would kill their cash cow.

There is a channel for old games on twitch. Its popularity is average at best.

Personally, I played computer games since the very beginning, when they had ASCII graphics.

That time is gone. Even if you dress as a hippie in 2019, you won’t relive Woodstock of 1969.

2 Likes

We may as well just scrap the Classic forum then I guess, as nobody seems to know how to post in it

6 Likes

Well nowadays WoW as a whole is a niche.

Even if you’re right, that would only make his case even worse.
Because it would be a niche group of players within a niche group of gamers.

What exactly were you trying to achieve with this reply? the tldr of all this is = bfa is the greatest and blizzard is doing everything right

Classic is going to have some plus points - and quite a lot of negatives. They will however be different negatives, and I agree with the OP that I hope Blizz manage to learn from it and take the best of both. For example, but not exclusive to…

• People actually like challenging, open world, single-player content. It’s ok to have mobs kill us if we fail to fight properly.

• We probably don’t actually want to be waiting on respawn timers, and maybe dynamic respawns aren’t the spawn of satan after all.

• Players aren’t really digging this “raid 2 deprecates raid 1” approach. We liked it when our raid 1 gear was always, always relevant because anyone new still has to go and get theirs to meet up with us in raid 2. We like keeping what we kill.

• Battleground queues… suck. Maybe not everyone’s admitting it yet, but I’d give it a few months of Classic and there will be so many complaints about the 30-60 minute delay, and the need to go back to the battle master to queue again.

1 Like

Some people just don’t know when to quit.
If you hate BfA but like Classic. By all means…just go there and play it(if you have the Beta access…if not then play it when it becomes available :D)

This “Classic will better BfA. Classic will kill retail” parade is getting quite annoying…

4 Likes

Let’s re address this in 1 year then, in the meantime enjoy the game!

1 Like

Lonewolf was not even a talent in classic first came in WoD.

1 Like

The post was about current hunters. The above post wanted that feature being brought back for hunters.

So I fail to see how it not existing in classic is relevant to the joke in hand.

Are you always grumpy like all the other male worgens on the forum ?