What if we have been lied to all this time?

We are told that Azeroth is a sleeping Titan right. What if this is not true. What if Azeroth is in fact a Sleeping Old God, the oldest of the old gods.

I’ve been doing a lot of reading during lockdown and I have been reading a lot of H.P Lovecraft (Which the old gods are based on) and i came across an Old god in the Writings called Azathoth (Sounds like Azeroth right?). Now Azathoth Has some very awesome powers 2 of which are Omnipresence and Reality Warping, Meaning that its presence can be felt everywhere and Can control what everyone sees, also it is asleep and if it is said that if she awakens all things will be destroyed. Text quote - “Azathoth is seen as the all-powerful creator of all of existence. All of reality is merely a part of Azathoth’s dream, unknowingly created by itself. When, not if, Azathoth awakens, all things will end, once and for all, and all will once again be Azathoth.”
So in World of Warcraft could it be Possible that the old gods were not in fact trying to corrupt Azeroth but were trying to wake her up? but the titans managed to lock up the old gods to stop them waking her. It says in H.P lovecrafts stories that Azathoth was locked away in a timeless Chamber with the Sound on a beating drum. Text Quote - “The boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums”. Could this Be the Chamber of the Heart? It says she had the Ability to warp reality, so maybe everything we did and what Magni was seeing and talking to was being manipulated somehow to keep Azeroth alive so she could eventually wake up and destroy everything. Maybe the Azurite we have been collecting to strengthen Azeroth was her blood (like Saronite is the blood of Yogg-Saron) and we all collected it to give her, her strength back so she could awaken at full power. What if we’ve been under the influence of the old gods all this time and never knew it??
Also what if Sargeras Learned this truth, thats why he went on his Crusade and was in fact Correct, and Azeroth needed to be killed in order to save the Universe.

Just some Food for thought. I honestly thought this would be the biggest plot twist ever and would be so awesome.

What are your thoughs?

2 Likes

mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn lä Hastur cf’ayak’vulgtmm, vugtlagln vulgtmm

ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthugha Fomalhaut n’gha-ghaa naf’lthagn

1 Like

The Call of Cthulhu, Great reading, Didn’t they make a game of this?

1 Like

yep and there is another one “the sinking city” if i remember the name right that looks very promising

i also recommend the movie the void

1 Like

Not seen this film, I must watch it immediately!

1 Like

The chronicles that more or less gave us the information about titan babies was by Blizzard’s words fron a titan-aligned perspective. So it’s not us that would have been lied to, but the titans that would have been fooled - if they aren’t agents of the void themselves, suddenly.

Did you enjoy all of the obvious racism and xenophobia? At least he tried to make it more subtle in the later books, but in the early ones it was quite, unexpected.

you judge an artist by his vision not his personality
and his vision gave birth to an entire new horror genre

Except when his personality ruins his art because his vision is simply an allegory for xenophobia.

His work is only renowned because of how nondescript it is, allowing the reader to then imagine for themselves. The praise that is given to him by his readers should be given to the readers themselves as they are the ones imagining the horrors, not the writer.

Assuming the titans actualy knows what kind of titan would awaken, Azeroth could be insane even, or just pure evil in nature from start, I doubt all titans are good peoplel if any of them is.

That’s not possible, Old Gods are literally tumours or vermins when compared to Azeroth. At most, Azeroth could be a sleeping Void Lord but we have no indication of that.

She…Will save us all.
She…Will defeat death.

FOR SYLVANAS!

Shadowlands were before titans.
But the “First Ones”, have made an order in Shadowlads, creating some monoliths there, that actively works with a heart of the Azeroth (heart of the Titan).

I guess the “First Ones”, the first pantheon of death, was made by the Titans.

So, if we will help in the end to destroy this mechanism of death, then Titans will not going to be happy.

1. Sounds plausible
  2. We already know Azerite is the blood of Azeroth
  3. The devs/storytellers will do whatever they want with the story and if this is the way they want to go then this is not because they have been lying but because ‘continuity restrains creative freedom’ (loosely quoted)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.