What impact will Global Battle.net have on Pet collecting and Pet battles?

With the recent announcement that Battle.net will now be global (except China), what does that mean for those of us who collect pets and do pet battles? Some questions:

1. If you have pets (for example) on a US wow account, can you now merge that with an EU account?

2. When we que for pet battles, will we also have the chance of being matched against players in other areas? Presumably this will help que times.

3. Does that mean that some of the pets that were region specific, may now be obtainable by players in other regions?

I’ve not seen any clear answers to these questions and am curious. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good questions!

For your question 2, I do think it will not mean anything for the PvP battle queue. That would be like LFD mixing EU and US characters for dungeons. WoW accounts will remain separate, and WoW accounts will remain locked to region.

That’s sad. I’d love to merge my account from when I was living in the US. I’d also love the pet battle ques to be much shorter and not end up fighting the same guy 8 times in a row.

1 Like

Merging with your old US account may well be possible; we’ll have to wait and see.

PvP queues, though … your queue is limited by your pet-PvP battlegroup, and by the number of people in the queue. Changing that would mean the devs widening battlegroups, or by PvP becoming more popular.

The battlenet changes are probably more aimed at different IPs rather than wow.

It will be interesting how this integrates with wow though with accounts on multiple regions.

The PVP queue is extremely unreliable and often just locks players out of facing others. You have to leave and join every couple of minutes then if the queue does pop but doesn’t generate a game relog or fight a wild pet. If this got fixed I’d imagine queues would improve a bit. Making them region wide would be the best solution though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.